Keith Yandle

Guest brelic

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 8m

#Coyotes asking for significant piece(s) back if they were to trade Yandle to #Flyers or anywhere else. #TradeTracker

Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan 3m

Overwhelming deal will have to be struck for Maloney to move Yandle. They're not as deep on left side and they still see him as core member.

Ok, so it sounds like Yandle isn't going anywhere. No reason to overpay... Maloney knows the Flyers are hurting on the blueline, so maybe try to shake us down.

Apparently, they want a top scoring forward in return. How about Hartnell? ;)

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 8m

#Coyotes asking for significant piece(s) back if they were to trade Yandle to #Flyers or anywhere else. #TradeTracker

And that is a problem....unless one of those players going back could be Danny B. The problem is Danny knows he is going to be bought out at the end of the season so all he has to do is refuse to be traded and he will get paid by the Flyers AND paid by the next team that picks him up. It would not surprise me to see Briere in either Montreal or Buffalo next season after he is bought out.

Ok, so it sounds like Yandle isn't going anywhere. No reason to overpay... Maloney knows the Flyers are hurting on the blueline, so maybe try to shake us down.

Apparently, they want a top scoring forward in return. How about Hartnell? ;)

I agree that Maloney knows we hurting for defense and trying to make a push for the last playoff spot. I do hope Homer waits til the offseason to do any trades for defensive help. I can see him trade our no.1 pick/Couts for it, just hope it's the correct dman we need and is still young.

I'd like to see Yandle in O&B but depends on the price. Off topic: It wouldn't surprise me to see Danny B. as LTIR for the last 2 years of contract. Not that I expect that or encourage it, I just see it as a possibility.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 5m

Yandle price is steep. Two impact forwards, including someone who can be No.1 centre. Not getting traded unless offer PHO can't refuse.

Ouch! They can pretty much take their Yandle and shove it.

Would you do Hartnell and Couts for Yandle? Or Hartnell and Schenn?

No never....Hartnell and maybe Gus or something like that....not Harts and Couts/Schenn....way too much.

I would wait until offseason and re-visit the Weber deal....I think the Preds would take Couts plus a few more pieces

No never....Hartnell and maybe Gus or something like that....not Harts and Couts/Schenn....way too much.

I would wait until offseason and re-visit the Weber deal....I think the Preds would take Couts plus a few more pieces

I'm sure that's the first thing Homer will do... call up Nashville when he's finally allowed to trade him. But as good as Weber is, it's not worth taking on a 14 year contract for just for 3-4 years of his prime. It's more of what we've always done.

He'll be 28 when next season starts. He's signed until he's 42. That contract is poison.

Pronger had his peak at 28-30, then started declining. He had a pop at 34 years old with the Flyers, but then fell back to his declining pace.

Unless you think Weber is the next Lidstrom and can play at a high level into his 40s, I think it would be a terrible idea. Plus, Lidstrom was never signed to a 14 year contract. As of 34ish, they were a series of 2 year and 1 year contracts. Detroit knows how to manage assets. We do not.

• Like 1

And that is a problem....unless one of those players going back could be Danny B. The problem is Danny knows he is going to be bought out at the end of the season so all he has to do is refuse to be traded and he will get paid by the Flyers AND paid by the next team that picks him up. It would not surprise me to see Briere in either Montreal or Buffalo next season after he is bought out.

I'll stick with the theory* that the Flyers never asked him to waive and don't intend to buy him out at the end of this season.

Next year he's a $3M "real" cost, and could be a valuable trade deadline piece as the last year is $2M. If not that, they buy him out at the $2M number to save cap space.

Flyers don't "need" the space now (they can always buy him out if the need arises) and no real replacement for him if he goes (yes, Laughton, yaddayadda - I mean from the *Flyers* perspective).

Montreal and Buffalo are two completely plausible places for him to land.

I, at this point, would trade anyobdy on the roster outside of Giroux for Yandle. He is a puck carrying defenseman that we desperately need. If they can get him for Couturier, then it should be done. For as good as Couts is, he can be replaced, particularly over the summer.The Flyers mangement always tends to overvalue their young players. I really liked how he played against Malkin for sure in last year's playoffs, but this is about filling a need. Maybe now they can get better defensively, with a guy can skate the puck out of his own end, and can take a little pressure off the backchecking forwards. I don't think its a case of should they make this trade, they NEED to make this trade.

@FD19372 My feeling, if you want to add a legit #1 d-man, you gotta pay the price. I see the Yotes asking for Voracek straight up, which I'd be very iffy about. We don't know Voracek's true ceiling yet. But they will not be asking for Hartnell or anything like a one year wonder who everyone knows will not be recreated again....if we know that, they know that....lol.

I don't know where Couts ceiling is - neither does anyone else - but if Yandle can be had for Couts and picks or Couts and a prospect and picks...YES YES YES do it! Unfortunately they're going to want Couturier AND another roster player like Schenn - and that makes it a much harder decision. I think I'd still do it though - we MUST get better defensively, esp if "Bryz" is sticking around.

Edited by canoli

I don't know where Couts ceiling is - neither does anyone else - but if Yandle can be had for Couts and picks or Couts and a prospect and picks...YES YES YES do it! Unfortunately they're going to want Couturier AND another roster player like Schenn - and that makes it a much harder decision. I think I'd still do it though - we MUST get better defensively, esp if "Bryz" is sticking around.

Which Schenn do you mean? You know what, it doesn't matter... I wouldn't do either one.

Couturier and Brayden basically over-depletes an area of strength (center), while Couturier and Luke trades away the one bit of youth we have on defense.

I know you have to give to get, but I would be extremely disappointed with that kind of trade.

you're right - I even edited it and it STILL doesn't make sense. duh!

But I really like Yandle. He's perfect for Lavy's style: fast, smart, works the puck really well, doesn't get rattled and he puts up points. If they wanted Couts and Luke I think I'd go for it. When Couturier starts tearing up the league again I know I'll be jealous but Yandle is in that "elite" D-man category imo. Trading him for Couturier's potential and Luke Schenn's less-obvious potential is okay by me. I like L. Schenn but I won't miss him and he's far from irreplaceable.