Kimmo out for year

Whew....let the tanking commence..too little too late.

Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen will miss the final three games with a compression fracture in his right foot.

“Kimmo will be fully recovered in four to five weeks,” Flyers general Paul Holmgren said in a statement released by the team.

This season the 38-year-old Timonen has appeared in all 45 games with five goals and 24 assists.

He averaged 21 minutes, 46 seconds.

Edited by DaGreatGazoo
  • Like 1

And 'tanking' when you are still technically in the playoff race is more suspicious than when you're mathematically eliminated, I guess ;)

I honestly have never seen a team lose its top 4 defenders to injury in the same season, and have them all out at the same time. Plus how many other d-men are injured?

Timo, Coburn, Mesz, Grossman, Gervais, Foster, Huskins.

That's unreal.

• Like 1

it is "unreal" and "surreal" and every other kind of off-the-wall "-real." WTHell is going on with this team? Yeah sure it's a throwaway year - esp for the Flyers - but wow another Flyer goes down.

Not that's a huge surprise or anything in Kimmo's case, they say he's been playing hurt since pee wee (!) - well the last couple years anyway ...

We must be at the top of the Most Games Lost Due to Injury list. Or however they track that stat...man-games ? something like that... I hope it's not "man-games" - not sure I like the sounds of that...!

Or however they track that stat...man-games ? something like that... I hope it's not "man-games" - not sure I like the sounds of that...!

yeah that sounds pretty gay.... not that there's anything wrong with that

Meltzer has this (updated with Kimmo out) as the defense tonight:

29 Erik Gustafsson - 22 Luke Schenn

38 Oliver Lauridsen - 32 Brandon Manning

6 Andreas Lilja or 34 Matt Konan - 3 Kurtis Foster

Anyone project Lauridsen as a second pair this year with Brandon Manning? Anyone?

Unreal what happened to this D corps - which on paper, IMO, was better than last year's.

And another reason that management is going to go "it wasn't our fault".

I'm not that superstitious, but is anyone else thinking like me, I think McCrossin is one big Shleprock....black cloud and all! I'd love to see before and after stats on Flyer injuries since McCrossin's hire date, and in comparision to the rest of the league. KInda half joking here, but WOW, since he has come it's like a MASH unit...just a constant flow of serious injuries....something is very wrong here. Anyone remember how long he's been with the team, seems like a long time.....too long.

• Like 1

@Jmdodgesrt4 On the surface, it makes sense to not blame the training staff, but my gut says there is some kind of incompetence going on here. Mabye poor training regements that lead to injuries, or McCrossin not evaluating injuries properly after the fact......something is fishy here, I tell you. Does not matter, casuse McCrossin is part of the old boys club in management, he could cripple somebody and not get canned.

@Jmdodgesrt4 On the surface, it makes sense to not blame the training staff, but my gut says there is some kind of incompetence going on here. Mabye poor training regements that lead to injuries, or McCrossin not evaluating injuries properly after the fact......something is fishy here, I tell you. Does not matter, casuse McCrossin is part of the old boys club in management, he could cripple somebody and not get canned.

Adam Burt Dave Babych says "hello" - no, that wasn't McCrossin. That was the previous braintrust .

Ian LaPerriere? Would never have been on the ice in the playoffs if I was the trainer, regardless of the medical staff "clearing" him.

Note: I'm not a trainer and don't play one on teevee.

Adam Burt Dave Babych says "hello" - no, that wasn't McCrossin. That was the previous braintrust .

Ian LaPerriere? Would never have been on the ice in the playoffs if I was the trainer, regardless of the medical staff "clearing" him.

Note: I'm not a trainer and don't play one on teevee.

But you DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express!!

• Like 1

I'm not that superstitious, but is anyone else thinking like me, I think McCrossin is one big Shleprock....black cloud and all! I'd love to see before and after stats on Flyer injuries since McCrossin's hire date, and in comparision to the rest of the league. KInda half joking here, but WOW, since he has come it's like a MASH unit...just a constant flow of serious injuries....something is very wrong here. Anyone remember how long he's been with the team, seems like a long time.....too long.

Completely agree with this. I've questioned his quality since the Lindros days. Every year we get killed because of poor health, why not make a change here?
  • Like 1