Ok. Who's your pick at #11

Lets say the Flyers stay at #11 who is your pick? Who do you want to see them take at #11.

This has to be a player realistically slated for that range. I saw some mocks where Nurse was slated there so lets include him.

I'm saying Ristolainen.

• Like 2

Who do I think they will draft? Laurent Dauphin. He's a later-projection center. Fits their MO

Who do I want them to draft? Nurse or Risto

What if they grab Jordan Subban? He's projected in the 2nd round in some places.

Lets say the Flyers stay at #11 who is your pick? Who do you want to see them take at #11.

This has to be a player realistically slated for that range. I saw some mocks where Nurse was slated there so lets include him.

I'm saying Ristolainen.

I can see Homer trading Read and or Couturier, Untouchable my butt with Homer. If he drafts a center during the draft, I think that means Couturier or Laughton will be gone. With that being said, If it's defense, Nikita Zadorov, I think all others are gone... If it's a Center or Winger I think

Hunter Shinkaruk . hope I'm wrong and they trade up in the top 5

Nurse is going to be gone by 11... Like UI have been saying all along it has to be Risto... big guy who skates very well and could be very close to NHL ready... He has been a kid playing against men in Finland... I hope this is the pick...

• Like 1

We ALL thought Maatta would be gone by the time we picked last year. And Hamilton the year before. Yet there they were....

It's hard to say who you want until the 10 picks are taken before you. I'd like Nurse, or Ristolainen, but if for whatever reason Nichushkin or Monohan or Lindholm falls to you...that's a horse of a different colour.

• Like 4

We ALL thought Maatta would be gone by the time we picked last year. And Hamilton the year before. Yet there they were....

It's hard to say who you want until the 10 picks are taken before you. I'd like Nurse, or Ristolainen, but if for whatever reason Nichushkin or Monohan or Lindholm falls to you...that's a horse of a different colour.

FC... completely agree. If one of those fall you take them. I just cant imagine any of those fall to 11... but if they do - select any of those!

I really like Monahan. If he's there at 8 or 9 I'd consider moving up for him.

@Phillygrump I really like Monahan also. I think he has the upside to be a Sundin type of player. Nobody knows how good he really he because Ottawa was so horrible last few years, his stats really suffered because of that. As soon as he stepped on the ice, the top checkers flew over the boards from the other team, and he didn't have much help from linemates or his team in general. I just don't see how he is a pressing need for this team, to accomodate him, they would have to move out guys like Schenn or Coots to fit him into the roster. The only way I do that is for a top 6 superstar in this draft, and as excellent as Monahan is, he's on the outside looking in with that grouping. There is a respectable shot that he is there at 8 or 9 depending on how things fall, but Flyerwise, it's like hammering a square peg into a round hole.

Here is my one other HUGE concern...from the Hockey News Draft Preview...."one of the knocks on him is his speed, but that won't hold him back because of his hockey sense" ....that sounds oddly familiar huh? For that reason alone, I let somebody else take him.

Edited by jammer2

@mojo1917 - thanks for the shout-out. I do like Hagg but I think he's probably a reach at #11. I think he has all the tools but the knock against him is consistency. Maybe that can be addressed with coaching or just maturity. I think Ristolainen is probably the guy at #11. If both he and Nurse are available (very doubtful) it would be tough but Risto is probably the safer pick.

Otoh, if neither of those guys is available then trading down to get 2 picks in the 2nd half of the first round might not be a bad idea. Any two of Hagg, Morrissey, Mueller, Pulock, Zadorov or Morin would probably constitute a good day's work for Homer.

as everyone else before me has posted... "IF" Nich or Lindholm fall then you have to take the shot....can't add much more but to agree.

@pilldoc I guess there is a European scout that swears that Lindholm is next coming of Peter Forsberg!! High praise for a guy who might not crack the top 5. Another clue to how adsurd the talent is at the top end of this draft.

I'm saying Ristolainen.

I agree the Flyers can use a right-handed shooting defenseman!

From someone from HF Boards:

RE: Zadorov

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneHands viewpost.gif

Have you seen him live?!?!

I have and Zadorov is a fantastic player with offensive skills. Did he get a chance to use them this year? Not really. He came to London and he went to Dale Hunter and asked specifically to be put in the shut down role because he wanted to earn his ice time this year. How many players can you say would go to their coach and ask them to put them in probably the hardest position in the game? He's going to get a boat load of playing time this upcoming year as he's going to be in a top 2 role in London and he's going to get a lot of power play time. His offensive numbers should go through the roof.

He's got a fantastic slap shot that's low and accurate and fast. He also possesses one of the hardest wrist shots and snap shots as I've seen plenty of goalies bumble his shot. He's got great vision and great first outlet pass. He's also worked the point on the power play a couple of times in London and he's looked comfortable back there when he has played it.

[More important, he's an upright skater and he never looks down when he's carrying the puck. He handles the puck extremely well and is another one of those guys who have that cool, calm sense when he's on the ice and he allows the game to come to him. What's not to like about Zadorov?

Edited by pilldoc

And one more interesting post to share: (from HF Boards)

"Coburn + Read + 2nd for 7th.

Lindholm @ 7th + Rist @ 11th = Awesome sauce. Seriously, both could probably step in and play immediately too.

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek

Schenn-Couturier-Simmonds

Lindholm-Laughton-Gagne/Clarkson/Raymond/Bickell

Rinaldo-Hall-Talbot

Timonen-Schenn

Streit-Grossmann

Gus-Rist"

This would be equivalent to Homer hitting a Home Run if this scenario would occur. I could live with this.

Edited by pilldoc

That seems costly to get #7, but it could work. Do you flip both 7 & 11, and try for MacKinnon though?

Doom...lol..you trying to make my head spin! Holy trading Batman.....all kidding aside...that would make for an interesting draft proposition....

@pilldoc

how was the gettysburg conference ?

and the Coburn + Read +2nd for #7 sounds wicked good to me.

7 and 11 if Holmgren picks the right guys / the right guys are still around would be a pretty nice haul from this draft class.

@mojo1917

Had a wonderful time. The weather was pretty nice except for the humidity starting to creep up on Monday and Tuesday. The pretty much had the "A" team when it came to guest speakers. I've been to Gettysburg numerous times, but I was on parts of the battlefield I have never been too. Definitly worth the money. Thanks for asking.

Back to hockey...somehow I get the gut feeling Homer has something up his sleeve...I dunno. I guess I keep having these feelings of wishful thinking that this will be a good summer for the Flyers. Honestly though I think Homer finds a way to screw it up....(I'm praying that I am massively wrong about this)

NHL Tonite Mock Draft: (with no trades)

1. Colorado = Mackinnon ©

2, Florida = Jones (D)

3. Tampa Bay = Drouin (LW)

4. Nashville = Barkov ©

5. Carolina = Nichuskin (LW)

6. Calgary = Monahan ©

7. Edmonton = Nurse (D)

8. Buffalo = Zadorov (D)

9. New Jersey = Lindholm ©

10. Dallas = Wennberg ©

11. FLYERS = Morin (D) ....even guys on NHL Tonite called this pick a project / pick for the future. GAWD I HOPE NOT.......I will puke if it happens

12. Phoenix = Shinkaruk (C/RW)

13. Winnipeg = Mantha (LW)

14. Columbus = Ristolainen (D) ......if he drops this far and Homer picks over him I will drive to NJ and slap Homer silly...I will be royally PO!

15. NYI = Domi (C/LW)

16. Buffalo = Fucale (G)

17. Ottawa = Mueller (D)

18. Detroit = Horvat (C/LW)

19. Columbus = Lazar ©

20. San Jose = Rychel (LW)

21. Toronto = Gauthier ©

22. Calgary = Hartman (C/RW)

23. Washington = Morrissey (D)

24. Vancouver = Pulock (D) ......surprised to see how far he dropped

25. Montreal = Erne (LW)

26. Anaheim = Zykov (RW)

27. Columbus = De La Rose (LW)

28. Calgary = Bowey (D)

29. Dallas = Dickinson (LW)

30. Chicago = Klimchuk (C/LW)

Interesting to note how much the guys at NHL tonite gushed over most of these project and yet when it came time for the Flyers they picked Morin and made sure to say he was a PROJECT / A PICK FOR THE FUTURE.

If Homer passes over Risto to take Morin i will puke......

Would love to see if the Flyers can trade up to #6. (Just not sure how they can do it) .. I'm afraid if they don't..then Nurse goes to Edmonton.