Halak to flyers?

Guest Jmdodgesrt4

Just to make things interesting, I came across this article from 2009, and thought I'd share it. Oh, the things that could have been. :lol: It's actually pretty interesting.....from a historical perspective, anyway.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=302443

REPORT: CANADIENS OFFER GOALTENDER HALAK TO FLYERS

12/15/2009 3:39:55 PM

Edit: The comments at the end of the article are almost as interesting, if not more so. "Briere for Halak straight up!" Lots of wishing for Vinny L too, predictions he'd retire a Bolt, etc. But that was 4 years ago.

Edited by OH1FlyersFan

well part of that prediction has already come true....and now for Halak...the under-performing whiny ex-Hab who doesn't seem to like his situation no matter where it is. (that's prob a little harsh but...let's just PASS on Halak mmkay?)

I'd like to see the Flyers pick up a quiet, competent goalie who's happy with the back-up role. Don't know who that is but I think that is what is needed. Remember we've got a Mason who's a little bit of a head case himself. We don't need some malcontent stirring the pot and getting Mason all frazzled as he starts to find his game.

• Like 2

I'd like to see the Flyers pick up a quiet, competent goalie who's happy with the back-up role. Don't know who that is but I think that is what is needed. Remember we've got a Mason who's a little bit of a head case himself. We don't need some malcontent stirring the pot and getting Mason all frazzled as he starts to find his game.

Khudobin comes to mind seems like the perfect fit...some come cheaply too....unless Emery isn't retained then throw the money at him.

great post, thought it deserved repeating.