" the Flyers are rumored to be adding three more UFAs this week"

Guest ctid

From a Hockeybuzz blogger (oilers blogger) Richard Cloutier

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Richard-Cloutier/7-Out-of-22Plus-One/131/52542#.UdVvIzvIZOE

scroll down to the coburn section...he says "The flyers are rumored to be adding three more ufs'a this week"

Anybody heard anything about these "rumors" and how credible is this Cloutier guy?

Well, figure they are gonna add one...a goalie at least. If they package/trade a combination of Coburn/Mez/Read....or all 3 somehow, that frees up a lot of money. So, it's possible they add a total of 3. I don't see them trading Coburn and Mez. Which means it will happen tonight.

Lord help us all.

Anyone that thinks they can predict what Homers going to do next can surely predict when the worlds going to end. P.S. I don't even think Homer knows what he's going to do next

A goalie is definitely one.

We shouldn't be adding any more forwards.... but if they sign Gagne, that's technically another one. Which is much more likely to happen if a forward like Coots or Read is moved.

And on defense, if they move Coburn and/or Mezsaros, that leaves us with 7 defensemen under contract. I guess it's possible that they add a guy like Scuderi to replace the lost experience.

http://www.hockeybuz...42#.UdVvIzvIZOE

scroll down to the coburn section...he says "The flyers are rumored to be adding three more ufs'a this week"

Anybody heard anything about these "rumors" and how credible is this Cloutier guy?

Cloutier is an Oilers fan who writes a blog. He has zero credibility. His blog before was actually humerous, it was so bad. For some reason he likes to take shots at the Flyers.

Anyone that thinks they can predict what Homers going to do next can surely predict when the worlds going to end. P.S. I don't even think Homer knows what he's going to do next

I would generally agree. But I would like to think Homer at least has *some* plan. Well, maybe plan is too strong of a word, but I would imagine he has already identified the players he is going to target. I would imagine they would definitely be targetting a goalie. Again.... just my guess.

I would generally agree. But I would like to think Homer at least has *some* plan. Well, maybe plan is too strong of a word, but I would imagine he has already identified the players he is going to target. I would imagine they would definitely be targetting a goalie. Again.... just my guess.

I agree they target players, but as soon as one is signed, or traded, he just goes into a panic move and signs a horrible contract. He already did that, TWICE so he can't at least do that. Or could he again?

I say we start by signing Hal Gill to a 5 year deal at 6 million per, with a FULL NTC and part ownership when he retires :o

Edited by twpguy
  • Like 2

Did you read his entire piece? That guy sounds like he should be commenting on posts on Philly.com

He has the Oilers signing 8 guys and trading for Coburn without giving anything up. He says the Flyers are rumored to be signing 3 more guys so Coburn HAS to go.

He sounds like he's got an unrealistic grasp on things and just reminds me of a fan posting wishful thinking about his favorite team. Which, by the way, is what I do. I just don't do it on a blog on hockeybuzz.

i think its tough to have a plan and stick to it when Jerry Snider is always outside your door or sitting in your office in the AM saying **** like

" I need to win Paul, how about we make a move for that nice Gretzky fella . I just saw him the other day on one of the espn channels, by the way when did the oiler trade him ?"

I can't imagine that he is. Hockeybuzz doesn't seem like a credible place to find info. The only time they get something right is when Eklund happens to catch a Darren Dreger tweet right after it happens and can post E5 behind whatever Dreger tweeted.

yea...I really need to stop reading Hockeybuzz. Mainly do it, like most of us, due to meltzer.

So that Cloutier guy is an oilers fan blogger?? right...ignore this whole thread I started please.

I say we start by signing Hal Gill to a 5 year deal at 6 million per, with a FULL NTC and part ownership when he retires

Length of contract not long enough, Homer likes the max so look for a 7 year deal.

• Like 1

here's a legitimate question then.

Meltzer is considered a knowledgable and credible blogger whom we all trust, he is affiliated with hockeybuzz, why would Cloutier be immediately discounted because he is also affiliated with hockeybuzz ?

doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to say this guy (cloutier) is an idiot know nothing when a guy we all love does the exact same thing , only with less humor.

• Like 1

here's a legitimate question then.

Here is a question what happened today already that i missed....capgeek shows the Flyers under the cap now so what changed did i miss something?? Yesterday the were in the red now they are not???????????????????

Here is a question what happened today already that i missed....capgeek shows the Flyers under the cap now so what changed did i miss something?? Yesterday the were in the red now they are not???????????????????

Capgeek DOES NOT show the "off season" cap (see their FAQ). They show an estimate of the opening day cap situation.

The off-season cap is a different animal.

Homer called them up and said he plays with the cap off. They promptly complied.

Capgeek DOES NOT show the "off season" cap (see their FAQ). They show an estimate of the opening day cap situation.

The off-season cap is a different animal.

Ok so why were they showing them in the red - 418k today +418????? maybe it was just a mistake corrected??? no?

• Like 1

Ok so why were they showing them in the red - 418k today +418????? maybe it was just a mistake corrected??? no?

Because it is an "estimate"

Projecting a guy to not be on the roster can affect all sort of things, especially in the "under $1M" range.

Because it is an "estimate"

Projecting a guy to not be on the roster can affect all sort of things, especially in the "under $1M" range.

Yeah the slide rule will effect Stolarz, Cousins and Laughton...so some of that money will comeoff the books once they are sent back and down..i guess.

They are at 47 contracts now...so will Homer leave a spot open like he always does for wiggle room or will they sign to the limit...guess we'll have to wait and see...cause with some of the new guys their contracts will come off.