Most Overrated Team and Player in the League?

Guest ihabs1993

In your opinion, who is the most overrated player in the league? What is the most overrated team?

For me, Zdeno Chara has to be the most overrated player in the league. He's been on the back end of his career for the last 3 years, he doesn't match up well against the new speedy NHL, he is one of the dirtiest players in the league, yet everyone loves him because he can shoot the puck faster than anyone else in the game. He's too one dimensional.

As for a team, the New York Rangers are not as great as everyone seems to believe. Last year, they were so bad offensively that Lundquvist had to backpack the team into the playoffs and then into the second round. I'm not sure if there's another team in the league that has as many underachievers as the Rangers. Nash and Richards don't even look like they care for the majority of the games, yet the league and broadcasters fall in love with them every year because they have an underdog aspect because of how poorly they play offensively.

What say you internet?

post-1091-0-86165300-1380498642_thumb.jp

@iban3z

I jokingly said Ryan because for the last few years his name has always come up in trade talks as the savior that would deliver the cup to Philly. Now he will be expected to fill the void left in Ottawa with Alfie gone and I predict he will fail.

• Like 1

Team: Rangers

Player: wow... Tough one as there are many. I'd have said Ovechkin but he turned it around end of the shortened season. Timonen? ;). Thought about Fleury but he IS solid in regular season. I'll agree with Nash though. Way more hype than value.

Most overrated by the Flyers: Shea Weber ;)

Most overrated match for the Flyers contract offers : Nashville

In your opinion, who is the most overrated player in the league? What is the most overrated team?

For me, Zdeno Chara has to be the most overrated player in the league. He's been on the back end of his career for the last 3 years, he doesn't match up well against the new speedy NHL, he is one of the dirtiest players in the league, yet everyone loves him because he can shoot the puck faster than anyone else in the game. He's too one dimensional.

As for a team, the New York Rangers are not as great as everyone seems to believe. Last year, they were so bad offensively that Lundquvist had to backpack the team into the playoffs and then into the second round. I'm not sure if there's another team in the league that has as many underachievers as the Rangers. Nash and Richards don't even look like they care for the majority of the games, yet the league and broadcasters fall in love with them every year because they have an underdog aspect because of how poorly they play offensively.

What say you internet?

Montreal Canadiens

Carey Price

Either one of the Sedin twins. Don't care about the pts in the regular season, they don't show up when it matters most.

Miller is a close third. Making a living off one great season, stats decreasing each season afterwards.

Overrated Player:  Vladislav Tretiak

Overrated Team:   1972 Soviet Red Army Team

How can one possibly--I mean by definition even--overrate a team that JUST won the Cup and has won 2 of the last 4?   Seriously, how does one overrate a Cup winner?  What is more than that that would qualify for the definition?

Of players/teams actually in the NHL or at least actually ever mattered:

Current Overrated Player:  Ovechkin with honorable mention to Johnny Van Ricedick

Retired Overrated Player:   Matts Sundin

Overrated Team:    Florida Panthers.   The second they put "NHL" in any sentence with the Florida Panthers, they instantly are more over-rated more than any team possibly could be.

@TretiakCCCP20

OK, I get that being a cheesehead you have to hate those FIBs but c'mon, the Hawks are overrated? They're the best team in the league. Period.

Most overrated team? The Pens are overrated because they get picked to win the cup every single year. They have arguably the two best players in the world, the worlds greatest defenceman who can't play D and a great goalie who stinks when it counts. They've won less playoff rounds than the Flyers since their red carpet ride to the cup, and Philly missed the playoffs last year.

The Rangers are a very mediocre team with a great goalie.

Overrated player? The Sedins for sure. Ovechkin. Nash. Letang. RNH, Price.