I really hate Luke Schenn

FlyersFan4Life

Mesz was bad against Van too. I wonder if it is because they don't consistently have three set pairs.

Well... Schenn just seems oblivious sometimes out there.  Yeah, he's slow as hell but he also seems to misread a lot of plays.

Yeah they did. Or it does now. I just think he needs a steady partner first.

I have given Schenn a whole lot of rope and the only thing he consistently does is hang himself with it. With the exception of Timmo and Grossmann, the rest of the D men made stupid out of position plays all night long. Coburn should be shot for a couple of the turn overs he has had the last couple of games. Streit is starting to come around but needs to stop taking dumb penalties. Mez needs to understand he can't go to the net and try to score during a line change. Just simple and obvious plays in which the D-men are oblivious. Mason absolutely stole this game but man could he use some help...and not the kind Luke gave him by scoring on his own net.......

Edited by flyerrod

he's young , hits and works hard to try to improve.

oh did i say he's young ?

yes let's  bitch and moan about him,  he's a the guy on the blue line that can actually get better and wants to... Grossmann Coburn  and Striet are finished products at this point , Timmonen is at the end of a nice career, Mezaros needs psychiatric help to overcome his fear of his body breaking . 

I'd rather see what's up with him, let him develop, because as flyers fans we're so  patient :ph34r:  than dick around with mezaros and Striet any more.

the whole team save for mason was outclassed last night. 

so weird to type about a flyers goalie stealing a point.

• Like 1

yes let's bitch and moan about him, he's a the guy on the blue line that can actually get better and wants to...

The problem is he keeps making the same mistakes over and over and over again. Yes he has an up side but he has been keeping it pretty well hidden so far this season....

Mason absolutely stole this game but man could he use some help...and not the kind Luke gave him by scoring on his own net.......

Well i good to have solid goaltending to steal some points but that is why they have shelled a lot of cash out for it's nice to get what you paid for wish the same could be said for everyone on this roster...

...but the weak links must addressed and eliminated from the team in time so them can push forward with the team goal of winning it all but right now there are just to many passengers. :ph34r:

what are you talking about!!!??? Luke has scored more goals than all of our defense put together. Sure.. sure.. they were for the other team... but... there's untapped scoring potential there!!

LOL! Sometimes the truth just downright hurts........ :o

yes let's  bitch and moan about him, 

Young? Needs time to develop? Don't be impatient?

James vanRiemsdyk says "hello"

More bitching and moaning about a young, developing player you will not have heard in a looooooong time.

@radoran

JVR...heck, Sean Couturier says hello. So does Braydon Schenn, Claude Giroux, Voracek, etc. etc. etc.

Young players need time to develop. Do the same people complain when they trade youth away?

I'm perfectly OK with giving Schenn more time - he could be a nice Denis Seidenberg type in his late 20s. Defensemen can take more time to develop and often aren't the player they will be until their mid-20s.

That said, Schenn is 24 and is in his sixth full season in the NHL. How much more time does he get?

And JVR - six months older than Schenn and traded after his third season - is rapidly showing he's the 30-goal scorer he was drafted to be.

You know how many teams would take JVR over Couturier or Brayden or Voracek, for that matter? All of them. And there would likely be some that would take him over Giroux at this point.

And you could never get a Couturier or Brayden or Voracek straight up for Luke.

Horrible, no good, very bad trade. And getting worse.

Point being, I'm perfectly fine with giving youth time to develop. It's the Flyers who have the problem with it.

You know how many teams would take JVR over Couturier or Brayden or Voracek, for that matter? All of them. And there would likely be some that would take him over Giroux at this point.

I was one of JVR's biggest supporters around here, but I don't know about that. Over B. Schenn, yes. Over Couturier, I doubt it. JVR for Jake is probably an even swap. I don't think anyone would trade Giroux for JVR straight up.

The consensus for JVR to go was high. Looking back which is easy to do now it does not look good. I have fired Holmgren over a hundred times but now the  team  looks better and I guess I can wait till I fire him again.

Edited by Phlyer1

I was one of JVR's biggest supporters around here, but I don't know about that. Over B. Schenn, yes. Over Couturier, I doubt it. JVR for Jake is probably an even swap. I don't think anyone would trade Giroux for JVR straight up.

I'm looking at what is an established 30-goal scorer over a guy who is still growing into his potential.

In a trade? Probably not everyone - because team needs are important factors. In a hypothetical pick-up game? Every one of them would take JVR before Couturier.

When looking at the trade, however, factor in a 30-goal scorer signed for $4.25M for the next four seasons or the "point per game" player signed for $8.275M for the next eight.

That said, Mike Milbury, Scott Howson and Don Waddell are out of the game and Holmgren already has Giroux ;)

@radoran

Funny you call JVR a "30 goal scorer" even though he has never reached 30 in his career.   I understand he's on pace to do so this year and that he is still young and hasn't entered his prime so there is definitely the possibility that he will consistently put up 30+.  It is also possible for him to go the other way.  Last year was a lockout year, and this year they are 1/2 way through.   So out of 4 years in the NHL if you mesh last season into the 1st half of this season he has had one really good season.   I'm not saying he's a fluke or suggesting that he won't turn into the consistent 30 goal scorer.   I just think there isn't enough there to suggest its a sure thing.   The only one thing that is definitely certain is that Toronto has won the trade as L Schenn has yet to be the player the Flyers thought they were getting. 

I'm looking at what is an established 30-goal scorer over a guy who is still growing into his potential.

In a trade? Probably not everyone - because team needs are important factors. In a hypothetical pick-up game? Every one of them would take JVR before Couturier.

When looking at the trade, however, factor in a 30-goal scorer signed for $4.25M for the next four seasons or the "point per game" player signed for $8.275M for the next eight.

That said, Mike Milbury, Scott Howson and Don Waddell are out of the game and Holmgren already has Giroux ;)

Well, if we're talking pickup games then Ovechkin is the world's best player. If we're talking Stanley Cup, pretty sure any GM that doesn't already have a franchise center picks Giroux, contract notwithstanding.

And if Homer calls Tronno to try to get JVR back, and Tronno says "Couturier", Homer says "no". As he should.

Edited by JackStraw

And JVR - six months older than Schenn and traded after his third season - is rapidly showing he's the 30-goal scorer he was drafted to be.

HAHA! RAPIDLY is it!!!

I'm not defending the trade by no means but if we are going to project things that the people and really yet to live up to like you claiming JVR being a 30 goal scorer.....can we let them do it first before we claim they are one yet before they've done it.

His best season was just 21 goals and this year his best...he is not projected as one even....with that said, i'll go a head and project Schenn then as a "future Norris candidate" too far fetched but...why not since we can give JVR the credit before hand...lets dream too and give Schenn the credit, defensemen take longer right!!!!!!!!!!!!