CBC: Kesler Rejected Trade to Philly

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/opinion/2014/03/30-thoughts-canucks-brass-must-resist-panic.html

2. Canuck rumour II: That ownership blocked Gillis from trading Ryan Kesler at the deadline. Verdict: Don't believe it. As mentioned above, Aquilini was well aware of the GM's plans. It would not be the least bit surprising if an interested team or two told Vancouver it could be involved at the draft, but not now, for cap reasons. Also, when Kesler said no to Columbus, the Rangers and Philadelphia, the Canucks may have pulled back because they didn't like the situation.

3. It is believed the six teams to which Kesler would accept a deal at the deadline were Anaheim, Chicago, Colorado, Detroit, Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay. Only two -- the Ducks and Penguins -- were really in it, though.

meh... at this point it is all speculation and I am not in the least worried thtat we did not land Kesler.  we dont need him frankly and we need another center like a hole in the head...   and yes, I know he has played wing but we have heard that song and dance a million times.

have fun in Van Kesler...

• Like 2

In other news, Kesler is out indefinitely with a lower body injury (knee).

Glad we didn't get him given what we would have had to throw away, and that was before the injury.

Karma is a bitch, Ryan.

This is just another reason why Homer should be fired. Trying to add yet another vet and trade a kid to get him.....shame. This is so old...

iI'm not sure if ^^^^ was the case this time... I've heard Holmgren knew he was out of the running for Kelser and thus managed to have false reports leaked to drive up the price for the Penguins.  ;)

didn't he sign an offer sheet a few years ago only to have the Nucks match it...i'm glad nothing happened we didn't need him anyway

I thought it was Clarke that made the offer sheet sort of his last hurrah...in a manner of speaking

iI'm not sure if ^^^^ was the case this time... I've heard Holmgren knew he was out of the running for Kelser and thus managed to have false reports leaked to drive up the price for the Penguins.  ;)

I hope you are right, cause Kesler was not even *close* to a need on this team, just a giant luxury which would have added to the logjam at center, we need to make room for the kids, not block them.

I hope you are right, cause Kesler was not even *close* to a need on this team, just a giant luxury which would have added to the logjam at center, we need to make room for the kids, not block them.

It's possible....I mean we've all seen how Holmgren has practised the art of driving up the price of signings on himself over the years. I could see him eventually doing it to someone else.

• Like 1

It's possible....I mean we've all seen how Holmgren has practised the art of driving up the price of signings on himself over the years. I could see him eventually doing it to someone else.

Ha! I give you a hard time sometimes, but I enjoy the hell out of your posts.    

Thanks, man.  Just spit coffee on my keyboard after reading this one.   :lol:  :lol:

Not only don't we need yet another center...I really wasn't looking forward to seeing what youth Holmgren would throw away for another guy whose best days are behind him. Kesler is far from an old man, but the style he plays is breaking him down..

exactly fc!  If it is true I am gald Kelser was able to spoil Homer's plan!

meh... at this point it is all speculation and I am not in the least worried thtat we did not land Kesler.  we dont need him frankly and we need another center like a hole in the head...   and yes, I know he has played wing but we have heard that song and dance a million times.

have fun in Van Kesler...

Yeah, I don't get this at all. I think it is bunk. I like kessler, but not at 5m a year. He has not done a thing in four seasons (granted last year he was injured), but still. And to your point, why do we need another center? I mean unless we are going to ship Lecaveliers useless a s s out, it is a non-sequitor.