Raffl out 6 weeks

DaGreatGazoo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's a reason these guys are labeled wingers and centers because wingers have more speed, schenn doesnt, raffl is a left winger for a reason because he has speed and he's physical, schenn is nothing like raffl. he doesnt belong as winger, this is what i mean by putting players in postion, you dont put a pitcher as clean up hitter, that's not their strength at the postion. it just doesnt work.

So teams put their slower players at center where they have to play 200 feet of ice???

Really???

maybe you need to go back... I dont love Schenn toughfigter83 but let me ask you this:

Where did Schenn play against Florida?

Where did Schenn play against the Oilers?

Where did Schenn play against the Ducks?

against Dallas?

against Chicago?

Pittsburgh????

To make it easier for you where has Schenn played the most this year?   If you can do your homework and read you will find your argument is really based on fantasy as usual.  He is playing WING!  Come back when you are ready to make any sort of sense...

TF84®

what im saying is, schenn is not answer for this team and if a good winger is on a block, trade both of them while they have value.

what im saying is, schenn is not answer for this team and if a good winger is on a block, trade both of them while they have value.

Depends....whats the question?

If you're writing off Brayden Schenn at 23 then you're following in the footsteps of some really foolish people. 

in that case why not put Rinaldo up there...  he is actually younger than Van

Have you watched Bellemare play? Bellemare's speed and passing skills would compliment both Jake and G's...I like Rinaldo but he is not top line talent.

Have you watched Bellemare play? Bellemare's speed and passing skills would compliment both Jake and G's...I like Rinaldo but he is not top line talent.

Sarcasm rod... Sarcasm.

My point was based on Van playing on the first line... Not Bellemare

I wonder what part of Schenn's game isn't working for Chief with regard to playing with Giroux and Jake.

I am putting this out there, because he does do things they don't , he seems to be a complementary piece with those two.

He'll hit, he often, of late and somewhat amazingly has been winning puck battles down low, he's been seeing the ice and his teammates well, and this is the first time i've noticed that part of his game.  He can shoot, he has been finding space and seems to be around the puck.  

Does having 10 on that line keep the puck from Jake ? who looks really good so far ? I am having a hard time figuring out why that combination was scratched early and never revisited.  It almost seems personal, Schenn started clicking with Bellmare and Simmonds ,  yanked from that line the second VLC returns... it seems every time the kid gets it going he gets moved around the line up. 

I wonder what part of Schenn's game isn't working for Chief with regard to playing with Giroux and Jake.

I am putting this out there, because he does do things they don't , he seems to be a complementary piece with those two.

He'll hit, he often, of late and somewhat amazingly has been winning puck battles down low, he's been seeing the ice and his teammates well, and this is the first time i've noticed that part of his game. He can shoot, he has been finding space and seems to be around the puck.

Does having 10 on that line keep the puck from Jake ? who looks really good so far ? I am having a hard time figuring out why that combination was scratched early and never revisited. It almost seems personal, Schenn started clicking with Bellmare and Simmonds , yanked from that line the second VLC returns... it seems every time the kid gets it going he gets moved around the line up.

Bingo! Well said mojo... Exactly how I view it.

Sarcasm rod... Sarcasm.

My point was based on Van playing on the first line... Not Bellemare

LOL. Sorry, I got up at 4 this morning and I have to be in at 3 tomorrow. I have not been the sharpest crayon in the box today..... :confused[1]:

might not be Berube.

THIS is the stuff that makes me believe Berube is not the guy for this Team. I am starting to really wonder about him as a Coach.

The Chief must really not like B Schenn b/c there is no other reason this kid has not been given a solid chance on the first line.

Depends....whats the question?

If you're writing off Brayden Schenn at 23 then you're following in the footsteps of some really foolish people. 

like do you expect out of brayden schenn? he's not evander kane, he's not sidney crosby,  do you expect him to become them? if evander kane was available i would trade the schenns in a heartbeat, this is about winning. im not going to wait five years for schenn to become the next sidney crosby, it's about getting a really good player and filling a big need which is the top line left winger, there's too many centers on this team, there's too many players that are playing in the wrong postions. im not foolish, if schenn was putting up big time goals like evander kane since he came here then i would hold on to him but i guess no one wants to be realistic about it and sit on their butts and wait until he becomes evander kane which he will never be.

he's not a goal scorer everything is pretty much deflection goals, he's not a good shooter like evander kane.

like do you expect out of brayden schenn? he's not evander kane, he's not sidney crosby,  do you expect him to become them? if evander kane was available i would trade the schenns in a heartbeat, this is about winning. im not going to wait five years for schenn to become the next sidney crosby, it's about getting a really good player and filling a big need which is the top line left winger, there's too many centers on this team, there's too many players that are playing in the wrong postions. im not foolish, if schenn was putting up big time goals like evander kane since he came here then i would hold on to him but i guess no one wants to be realistic about it and sit on their butts and wait until he becomes evander kane which he will never be.

he's not a goal scorer everything is pretty much deflection goals, he's not a good shooter like evander kane.

Oh Gawd...  Do we really need to go through this again?  Yes, Schenn is no Crosby. He never will become Crosby either.  That part I do agree with you wholeheartedly. 

But how you reached the conclusion that because he is not Crosby he will never be a good payer and won't be able to contribute is what I find incompehensible.

LOL. Sorry, I got up at 4 this morning and I have to be in at 3 tomorrow. I have not been the sharpest crayon in the box today..... :confused[1]:

Sounds like you've got it worse than I do, but I just realized about an hour ago that I've been on the wrong day all day (thought it was Tuesday).

Oh Gawd... Do we really need to go through this again? Yes, Schenn is no Crosby. He never will become Crosby either. That part I do agree with you wholeheartedly.

But how you reached the conclusion that because he is not Crosby he will never be a good payer and won't be able to contribute is what I find incompehensible.

What I find incomprehensible is how he manages not to electrocute himself turning on the computer. What with the drool and the tongue chewing.

He'll hit, he often, of late and somewhat amazingly has been winning puck battles down low, he's been seeing the ice and his teammates well, and this is the first time i've noticed that part of his game.  He can shoot, he has been finding space and seems to be around the puck.  

Does having 10 on that line keep the puck from Jake ? who looks really good so far ? I am having a hard time figuring out why that combination was scratched early and never revisited.  It almost seems personal, Schenn started clicking with Bellmare and Simmonds ,  yanked from that line the second VLC returns... it seems every time the kid gets it going he gets moved around the line up. 

He gets a little lazy maybe and the Chief would rather keep him in a position to push him right now to help his development. He cant forget it takes hard work but with giroux and voracek he could get lazy as points will come. Until the effort we are starting to see lately appears all the time I think they will avoid handing him anything. He is being challenged.

He gets a little lazy maybe and the Chief would rather keep him in a position to push him right now to help his development. He cant forget it takes hard work but with giroux and voracek he could get lazy as points will come. Until the effort we are starting to see lately appears all the time I think they will avoid handing him anything. He is being challenged.

Hmm. Plausible. It's as good an explanation as any.

That seems like a positive way to look at it.

Archived