OK, Let's Start a New Rumor

Poconono

The Black Hawks' Duncan Keith is gonna be out for quite some time due to surgery to repair his meniscus.  Who can we unload and what can we get back?  I think we already have Chicago's second pick this year.  Personally I'd deal any of our defensemen for the right deal.  Since they might be running out of draft picks maybe we can hit them up for a forward prospect?  How about Ryan Hartman or Garrett Ross for L. Schenn or Schultz?  Not the youngest of prospects but these aren't the greatest d-men we're giving up either.  We definitely could use some depth on the wings.  I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to bring up Ghost or Morin.  Even if they aren't quite ready yet.

Keith is out for 4-6 weeks. If I'm the Hawks I stick the next man up into the line-up and play with what I've got until Keith returns. No point giving up anything of value in response to a short-term problem. Besides, Keith with a torn meniscus is better than a healthy L. Schenn, so there's no reason for the Hawks to consider a deal. Sigh.

I don't think the Blackhawks would even want any of the defense from the Flyers. If they're not going to get much production with whoever takes over for Keith the Blackhawks might as well use who they have in the system then give up someone for the same type of production player like the Defense of the Flyers. :P

I don't think the Blackhawks would even want any of the defense from the Flyers. If they're not going to get much production with whoever takes over for Keith the Blackhawks might as well use who they have in the system then give up someone for the same type of production player like the Defense of the Flyers. :P

They took Kimmo last year and he was a shell of what he was. I agree with you but never say never..

Pretty sure they'd love to have Streit. Not sure they'd like the cost.

Pretty sure they'd love to have Streit. Not sure they'd like the cost.

A lot of teams would love to have Streit. He's a perfect example of a guy who can elevate a contender just enough for a solid playoff run.

Of course, that typically means a deadline deal, not so much a deal this early in. Still, he absolutely should be traded at the deadline this year. I expect that's already the plan anyway.

If you ever come to Philly with Santa prepared to be booed.

I have know doubt the Philly fans would boo me. I went to a a Capitals and Flyers game at the Well Fargo Center with a Ovechkin Jersey on. I got so many dirty looks and I was even a younger kid at 14 with my dad at that game.

Two words

Andrew MacDonald.

you're welcome !

He is a bonafied NHL player.  Hexy is sure he'll see NHL ice the year...now is the chance, retain some salary get a winger and a late round (4th) pick...done.

They took Kimmo last year and he was a shell of what he was. I agree with you but never say never..

That's kind of where I was going with my little daydream there...

I heard an interesting stat on NHL Network today:  77% of the teams that are in playoff position at Thanksgiving actually make the playoffs.  Last year 15 out of the 16 qualifiers were in that position last year.  Only Ottawa sneaked past anyone.  Chicago might be a bit worried about falling too far behind this year.  Right now they are second last in their division  and out of the playoffs if they ended today.

I agree with fc, Streit would be the perfect fill in for Kieth while he is recovering....but from a Hawks perspective, the status quo will be how they go....Seabrooke and JVR's little brother will man the points on the 1st and 2nd pp....no sense in giving up assets when the void can be filled from within...not the perfect solution, but I believe it is how Bowman will be approach things.

I have know doubt the Philly fans would boo me. I went to a a Capitals and Flyers game at the Well Fargo Center with a Ovechkin Jersey on. I got so many dirty looks and I was even a younger kid at 14 with my dad at that game.

That's all fans. People don't know how to act anymore. It's why my wife doesn't wear Flyers colors when we watch a game in DC.

I agree with fc, Streit would be the perfect fill in for Kieth while he is recovering....but from a Hawks perspective, the status quo will be how they go....Seabrooke and JVR's little brother will man the points on the 1st and 2nd pp....no sense in giving up assets when the void can be filled from within...not the perfect solution, but I believe it is how Bowman will be approach things.

Streit is not the "perfect fill for Kieth." Chicago has cap problems, and bringing in a 40 year old defenseman with another year on his contract, would hurt them financially.

Luke to the bruins ..... >>>>> you heard it here first .... 

Bank on it .

This wouldn't surprise me at all. He fits the style of play Sweeney seems to want, and I'm sure he'll be looking to grab a dman from somewhere to try and save his job. 

That's all fans. People don't know how to act anymore. It's why my wife doesn't wear Flyers colors when we watch a game in DC.

You mean the well mannered DC Fans? :D  I can handle a dirty look, but when fans get too much alcohol in them and they start all out fighting that is when it gets scary. I haven't been to many live games in my lifetime and have never seen that happen and I am glad I haven't.

Streit is not the "perfect fill for Kieth." Chicago has cap problems, and bringing in a 40 year old defenseman with another year on his contract, would hurt them financially.

Maybe not perfect, but he Streit runs a pp nicely and is a veteran presence, which the Hawks are in need of right now. They already have a few kids back there, Trevor VanRiemsdyke and the kid from the Yotes. If Streit did not have another year left on his contract he would be a nice fit....but yeah, as it stands, they cannot take on any more cap. They had to move Saad because of cap problems, so adding more is not really an option.

You mean the well mannered DC Fans? :D I can handle a dirty look, but when fans get too much alcohol in them and they start all out fighting that is when it gets scary. I haven't been to many live games in my lifetime and have never seen that happen and I am glad I haven't.

Alcohol isn't always involved. I remember this hambeast of a woman just yelling at a Flyers fan several rows in front of her for an *entire* playoff game because he had a Briere shirt. He never acknowledged her.

Yelling doesn't do the situation justice mind you. It was way worse, but I don't feel like typing it out.

Alcohol isn't always involved. I remember this hambeast of a woman just yelling at a Flyers fan several rows in front of her for an *entire* playoff game because he had a Briere shirt. He never acknowledged her.

Yelling doesn't do the situation justice mind you. It was way worse, but I don't feel like typing it out.

I am definitely no saint when it comes to cursing, but when I am at a live event as much as I want to say a few expletives if my team is losing or playing like ****, but I refrain because there are young kids around and they don't need to hear some older kid screaming obscenities at a team or a fan of another team the entire game.

Maybe not perfect, but he Streit runs a pp nicely and is a veteran presence, which the Hawks are in need of right now. They already have a few kids back there, Trevor VanRiemsdyke and the kid from the Yotes. If Streit did not have another year left on his contract he would be a nice fit....but yeah, as it stands, they cannot take on any more cap. They had to move Saad because of cap problems, so adding more is not really an option.

Unfortunately in today's NHL, you aren't just trading for a player anymore. You're also trading for his contract. 

Archived