Top In All-Star Voting for the Pacific? John Scott.

elmatus

Vote for VLC!  :ph34r:

That would be awesome! Wouldn't it be hilarious if all the healthy scratches across the league had to play in the alll star game. I have not watched an all-star  game for years nor do I intend to anytime in the near future........Great way to prevent injuries like who was that goalie for the Isles?

That would be awesome! Wouldn't it be hilarious if all the healthy scratches across the league had to play in the alll star game. I have not watched an all-star  game for years nor do I intend to anytime in the near future........Great way to prevent injuries like who was that goalie for the Isles?

I think it would be hilarious. I wonder what the league would do? They can't really overrule fan voting can they? The ASG is "for the fans" lol. They might be able to block one player, but not all of them.  :thumbsu:

• 4 weeks later...

It's official, John Scott is the captain of one of the all star teams.  What a complete joke.  Thank you stupid fans for making a bad game a total embarrassment to our league. The other leagues will be laughing for years.

Just now, nossagog said:

It's official, John Scott is the captain of one of the all star teams.  What a complete joke. 

Yesssssssssssssssss!  :hyper:

I'm glad fans are finally expressing their displeasure with the farce that is the NHL all-star game. The NHL has nobody to blame but themselves. They ruined the ASG over a period of many years with lockouts, cancellations for other events (Olympics), silly gimmicks, allowing players to take a free pass on the game after being voted in (with no repercussions), etc......

37 minutes ago, nossagog said:

It's official, John Scott is the captain of one of the all star teams.  What a complete joke.  Thank you stupid fans for making a bad game a total embarrassment to our league. The other leagues will be laughing for years.

The ASG is all about the fans, so you're going to bitch about the fans voting for who they wanted?

2 hours ago, nossagog said:

I agree that the ASG is now a complete joke, but the fans didn't create that by voting Scott in. The league and Gary Bettman are the ones who made it a joke. This 3-on-3 tournament idea is a ridiculous travesty. I applaud the fans for doing this and throwing it right back at the league.

This year's all star game is gonna SUCK LARGE. ...well, it sucks large every year, this year will just have more suckage added in. If the fans did indeed vote in Scott to spite Uncle Gary, I applaud them.

I've been saying it for years, the only way for the All Star game to matter is give the winning Conference home ice advantage in the Stanley Cup Finals. Throw out the rules and guidelines and make a real team, with legit checkers, stay at home d-men and scrap the rule that each team must have a representative. . Imagine how vicious the puck battles would be, imagine the hard hitting and everyone going full throttle....it would be magical.

I know people will say, a star might get hurt, but you can get hurt playing in this 3 on 3 CRAP that nobody is to familiar with also.

I think the best team in the league deserves home ice. If you give it to the Allstar winner, what's the point of the other 82 games?

The Allstar game is a joke. I'm fine with that...it's one game, and I don't watch it.

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I think the best team in the league deserves home ice. If you give it to the Allstar winner, what's the point of the other 82 games?

The Allstar game is a joke. I'm fine with that...it's one game, and I don't watch it.

What if there is a tie in points between the leaders of the East and West Conferences?  How do they break that tie, most goals, goal differential? I don't think it's ever happened, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that a tie in points could occur. I'd rather let the stars of the game go to war than have goal differential decide it. The thought of our leagues superstars locked in a desperate battle sounds like more fun than goals or goals against type of thing.

"If you give it to the Allstar winner, what's the point of the other 82 games?"

To separate the playoff teams from the non playoff teams?  To decide the all important division winner :ph34r: , to determine the draft order?

I  would also be in favour of going old school, having the Stanley Cup Champs play the best 20 players in the world. That would be really neat. Of course, no rule that every team needs a representative, which is a stupid rule anyways. Maybe just make it so the host team has to have a rep.

"

At this point, the NHL should either scrap it altogether or do a 180 and call it the "Grinder's Game".

The "Grinder's Game" (a replacement for the ASG) would feature the least productive players in the NHL from East and West conferences. It would be a form of punishment (in the eyes of those players) by denying them a weekend off and forcing them to play in the game. (Failure to appear in the game once selected would result in their NHL contract being terminated and a minimum one year suspension before re-entry.) Nobody is going to miss these guys anyway, so you better believe they will show up to play!

The Grinder's Game would give playing time to players that usually have none. The smart ones would try hard and showcase their skills in the hopes of getting more playing time with their club team. The dumb ones will pull a no-show and get suspended, effectively ending their NHL career.

The 3-stars of the game would be given a large monetary reward (something that will greatly benefit these low paid players). Example:

• 1st star: 1 million.
  • 2nd star: 500 grand.
  • 3rd star: 250 grand.

What do you think?  :biggrin:

20 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

What if there is a tie in points between the leaders of the East and West Conferences?  How do they break that tie, most goals, goal differential? I don't think it's ever happened, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that a tie in points could occur. I'd rather let the stars of the game go to war than have goal differential decide it. The thought of our leagues superstars locked in a desperate battle sounds like more fun than goals or goals against type of thing.

If there was a tie, I'd be ok with it. Having it decide home ice is so....Bettman (sorry jam)

"If you give it to the Allstar winner, what's the point of the other 82 games?"

To separate the playoff teams from the non playoff teams?  To decide the all important division winner :ph34r: , to determine the draft order?

And home ice throughout the playoffs. 

I  would also be in favour of going old school, having the Stanley Cup Champs play the best 20 players in the world. That would be really neat. Of course, no rule that every team needs a representative, which is a stupid rule anyways. Maybe just make it so the host team has to have a rep.

The old school way worked when there was less teams. I'm not sure putting an allstar team from 29 teams against one is fair. I get the whole 'team" part would be a bit of an equalizer. 

Personally, I just don't care.

"

Archived