MacDud hits 40 Games Played!

flyerrod

16 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya, there's a few guys on the backend that could just disappear IMO...I just don't want either of Sanheim/Morin to be brought up into this stinkfest.

I'm with you on that. Hagg or Alt or whoever I'd be fine with

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I'm with you on that. Hagg or Alt or whoever I'd be fine with

Me too. Just let Mcdud make popcorn.

That is all.

Or waive him and get a look at Mcdud or Alt like you said.

Alt is the oldest so i'd give him the nod becuase i think this is the last year for him in this organization

There just isn't anymore room especially with Myers and Friedman more than likely joining the Phantoms at the end of this year when their season is over.

So rhrow the kid a bone he can't be worse than Mcturd.

4 hours ago, Bertmega said:

And when that day comes, I am sure Bettman will award them the 1st over all pick to help ease the pain. 

:haha:

On a side note, I cannot believe that Crosby is only 29. It feels like he's been in the league for ages. 

I guessing around 35 or so he will retire! Barring a major injury! Same with Malkin 

Just now, notfondajane said:

I guessing around 35 or so he will retire! Barring a major injury! Same with Malkin 

Oh, I hope so. The Pens will be in cap hell if that happens due to recapture penalties...

40 minutes ago, intheslot said:

He has the 40 games in he can be picked now.

How ever you can't send him down or they won't pick him.

also some other team might claim him to expose him in the draft.

Whatever means that gets him off the team is worth it. I don't care how. They will expose him but that does not mean that he will get picked.......two words for his new home....Press Box...

4 hours ago, intheslot said:

Some other team will claim him to expose?

Sweet Jesus let it happen....i'll dance a gig!!!!

Just because he is sent down doesn't mean they won't claim him.

They won't claim because he is an expensive turd....

4 hours ago, intheslot said:

Some other team will claim him to expose?

Sweet Jesus let it happen....i'll dance a gig!!!!

Just because he is sent down doesn't mean they won't claim him.

They won't claim because he is an expensive turd....

13 hours ago, notfondajane said:

And to think MacDonald will probably still be a Flyer at that point. 

Here is my big problem with McDudly staying on the Flyers....I really think Brandon Manning has grown by leaps and bounds this year. He has a lot more confidence with the puck, does not treat it like a hot potato anymore. He is making some real nice crisp tape to tape passes out of his zone, and is usually accurate with the long and short passes. Because of the McCraply scenario, Manning gets healthy scratched  far to often. There is a chance he is the real deal and just keeps getting better. We already know what McSloppy can do.

This kid should be playing, if for no other reason than allowing opposing scouts to get a nice read on him. He is a nice asset that is being misused. Not out the question to get a 2nd or probably a 3rd rounder if he kept on the same trajectory around trade deadline time. Instead, he is fetching popcorn. At the very least, pull McPoop out and place Manning in the top 6 for the rest of the year, even if it means healthy scratching for McGoo.

8 hours ago, flyerrod said:

Whatever means that gets him off the team is worth it. I don't care how. They will expose him but that does not mean that he will get picked.......two words for his new home....Press Box...

Well from the lineup for tonight's game by Bill it looks like Mcdud is playing tonight.

So he is good for two goals against.

I know Rangers must enjoy seeing him in the lineup all they have to do is skate right at Mcbackpedal....

:whiteflag:

On 1/23/2017 at 11:26 AM, flyerrod said:

Ok, he finally has hit the magic number. Aside from his salary cap hit, what is keeping him playing with the big club? He tried single handedly at least twice against the Islanders to give them the game. He still backs into the zone challenging no one and all too frequently makes a bonehead pass at the worst possible time. I don't care if he is not going anywhere as long as he is not on the ice. His play has earned him a spot as the RJU popcorn boy along side Dale Weise watching from above.

The problem is that they are short Defensively minded D men.  I know that term only lightly applies to Mac, but the long story short is that switching him out for someone else won't help much in the short term unless they run into another cap situation and would rather play Gordon with the Flyers or something.

18 minutes ago, King Knut said:

The problem is that they are short Defensively minded D men.  I know that term only lightly applies to Mac,

MacDud is not a defensive minded d-man just because he backs into the zone every time. I agree with jammer that Manning is a much better option at this time than MacDud.

Just now, flyerrod said:

MacDud is not a defensive minded d-man just because he backs into the zone every time. I agree with jammer that Manning is a much better option at this time than MacDud.

Of course he is. They're both 6th/7th defenseman, but Manning is actually being paid like one

11 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Of course he is. They're both 6th/7th defenseman, but Manning is actually being paid like one

I would put Manning(at least this year) as a 3/4 or second pairing. Macdud rates no higher than 8th on this team behind even Schulz who actually is a definsive d-man.

1 hour ago, flyerrod said:

I don't disagree.  I'm trying to find some kind of rationale.

1 hour ago, RJ8812 said:

It's really best to set that aside.  Nothing has any hope of making any sense with that in mind.   It's just going to cloud your perspective and make you angry.  It is what it is and there's no undoing it.  

2 hours ago, flyerrod said:

Then what is he a forward skating backwards for the other team? Lol 

3 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

He's a "shot-blocking defenseman" that has 287 blocks in 145 games in Philadelphia after 322 in his last 111 in New York.

And he "can quarterback the power play", as is evidenced by his 7 career power play points as a Flyer (not to mention his whopping 35 PP points in 440 career games).

SOMEONE GIVE THAT MAN $5 MILLION A YEAR FOR SIX YEARS!

:DancingGrape:

38 minutes ago, radoran said:

He's a "shot-blocking defenseman" that has 287 blocks in 145 games in Philadelphia after 322 in his last 111 in New York.

And he "can quarterback the power play", as is evidenced by his 7 career power play points as a Flyer (not to mention his whopping 35 PP points in 440 career games).

SOMEONE GIVE THAT MAN $5 MILLION A YEAR FOR SIX YEARS!

:DancingGrape:

For some reason my sarcasm meter just past "smarm" and went to full on "snarky".........

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:08 PM, notfondajane said:

Thanks I thought it was fairly insightful! Now go back to your chickens! Lol!

lol!

Hey thanks for being on our Flyers forum and supporting us we really appreciate it!

I know why opposing fans come to our forum is because it is the best place to talk hockey so I do not blame you for being here and posting brilliantly.

I know you can't get much conversation going on the Pittsburgh and Canes forums so it is cool. Enjoy your stay!

3 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Well he and Sid are best buds so i say we trade him to the Pens for nothing more than a few bent pucks!!!!

Image result for andrew mcdonald and sidney crosby

Maybe they are more than friends...Sid needs love too.......

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well he and Sid are best buds so i say we trade him to the Pens for nothing more than a few bent pucks!!!!

Maybe they are more than friends...Sid needs love too.......

Of course Crosby likes him, he's a lousy defenceman playing for a team Crosby hates who allows him and his teammates free entry into their zone every...single...time.

Archived