Eastern Conference Semi Finals: #1 Washington Capitals vs. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins

pilldoc

Eastern Conference Semi Finals: #1 Washington Capitals vs. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Capitals sweep 4-0
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Penguins sweep 4=0
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

Game #7 ...here we come....

Riddle me this.... What unique way do the Capitals find away to lose Game #7 at home!

I'm not sure they lose game 7 at home.

8 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I'm not sure they lose game 7 at home.

I'm not sure they lose, but I'm predicting a really close game, probably triple OT. It's not going to be as easy for them as it was in Game 6 to exorcise their playoff demons.

What a dominating performance by the Caps in Game 6. I think missing Letang is finally catching up to the Pens.  Fleury stood pretty tall in games 1-4, but the Caps are really penning in the Pens in their own zone now. 

57 minutes ago, nossagog said:

So here's the question for the Caps.   They need to win games, they move Ovie down to the third line and reduce his minutes, and the team thrives.  Anything to learn?

Are you suggesting putting G on the 3rd line? How dare you!!! I'm all for it.

If ever there was a time for Washington to exorcise that playoff demon, it's Wednesday night.

Which of course means they'll probably lose in heartbreaking fashion because...Caps.

9 hours ago, hf101 said:

I'm kind of surprised they didn't make Crosby leave the ice for evaluation after this hit.

ouch.... as mentioned above...I am really surprised he was not taken off the ice to be evaluated.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Crosby have severe neck issues with is concussion syndrome a few years ago?  A hit like that could easily reaggravate that injury.

9 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Riddle me this.... What unique way do the Capitals find away to lose Game #7 at home!

Ovechkin back to the top line?

The Crosby hit was pretty scary looking, I think he's still having cognitive issues from his "concussion" when he's in his right mind, he skates away from the stupid stuff. when he's not, he engages. last night he appeared to be easily taken off his game. 

I was surprised Sullivan left Fluery in after the 4th goal.  Poor guy was in front of a shooting gallery last night, the Caps really seemed to control the play and had a pile of odd-man rushes.  I don't know if MAF will use last night for motivation so that's why Sullivan left him in there....with the uncontested space in front of him, the Caps were picking high glove side from midway through the second period on and to me, looks like they have a "book" on him now. Allowing  those shooters pick their spots might have ongoing consequences.

I don't expect the Pens to not compete on Thursday, but that team looked beaten last night and I haven't seen that since Sullivan has been the coach.

3 hours ago, BluPuk said:

I think Sid is still concussed. If Washington wins the series, it will be because Sid isn't 100%. I hope I'm wrong......

No, I think its just too much pressure for the defense that they are playing with at the moment.  Hainsey is looking like this is his first chance at the playoffs, WAIT, IT IS!    With Letang out, and now Daley, they just look awful trying to escape their own zone.   They just freeze the puck to the boards and wait for a Caps player to rail them.   I just don't get it. 

On 5/8/2017 at 8:05 PM, pilldoc said:

:searching: Maybe the Pens, Malkin especially, perform pathetically on the power play again and 

the Caps still don't win? :hithead:

Last night was the only time I can remember not admiring Malkin's game. It baffled me 

that his team's down; he has multiple wide-open shots on the power play--but he doesn't shoot! 

Or maybe the Capital players become fatigued from watching how tired the Penguin players look? :) 

That'd be a uniquely induced loss, yeah? :D 

:cheers:

10 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Let's go Pens

Let's go Pens

Let's go Pens

(I really hate the Caps, their fan base, their announcers, everything)

you are dead to me.

Struggling to decide which I would enjoy more, the Caps choking again in the playoffs or the Pens blowing a 3-1 lead? Both have their upside.

If the Caps lose, then it's another wasted excellent regular season and their fan(s) get to watch them lose another game 7 at home. 

The Pens blowing a 3-1 lead would be sure to bring a ton of sadness to Crosby, FrankenMalkin, Steigerwald, Errey, Doc Emrick, Edzo, Regis, Bettman and the entire Primanti Brothers eating community.

Guess I'll be a game time decision :thinking:

11 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Let's go Pens

Let's go Pens

Let's go Pens

(I really hate the Caps, their fan base, their announcers, everything)

My brutha from another mutha! 

(Just so you know that Pens are going to get killed tonight.)

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Struggling to decide which I would enjoy more, the Caps choking again in the playoffs or the Pens blowing a 3-1 lead? Both have their upside.

If the Caps lose, then it's another wasted excellent regular season and their fan(s) get to watch them lose another game 7 at home. 

The Pens blowing a 3-1 lead would be sure to bring a ton of sadness to Crosby, FrankenMalkin, Steigerwald, Errey, Doc Emrick, Edzo, Regis, Bettman and the entire Primanti Brothers eating community.

Guess I'll be a game time decision :thinking:

LOL .... yeah both have their advantages.  Somehow seeing the fair weather Cap fans having another stake driven in their heart is far more entertaining.   Agree with you....I will probably be a game time decision. :cheers:.

(though for sheer greedy reasons...I have no qualms of Caps moving on simply because I have Holtby for my fantasy playoff team and I want to win .....  :P)

Archived