Morin and Sanheim BOTH scratched tonight?

vis

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Exactly.  So maybe they are showing Manning?   Or MacDildo?  

I don't understand moving Manning.   He really is a good #7 to have.  And if you move Manning, that makes someone like Sanheim come up to be the #7, which makes no sense for his development.

But if you move MacDung, then you play both Morin & Sanheim and Manning is your 7th.

Nah, not MacDud. You don't name him A and trade him the next week lol. Buy him out after the season, sure. But not days apart!

And I don't see them trading Manning either for the reasons you state. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Exactly.  So maybe they are showing Manning?   Or MacDildo?  LOL ---  :hehe:

I don't understand moving Manning.   He really is a good #7 to have.  And if you move Manning, that makes someone like Sanheim come up to be the #7, which makes no sense for his development.

But if you move MacDung, then you play both Morin & Sanheim and Manning is your 7th.

So is it my understanding that Ghost IS in the line-up tonight?  If so what was the definitive injury he had?  Agree with above...It is only the 1st game.  Give him one day more of rest.  There is absolutely NOTHING wrong playing either Sanheim or Morin.  The Sharks are a good offensive team.  Let's see where these kids are developmentally.  One game is not going to break their psyche or confidence. 

I just don't see a trade of McDud at this point of time.  I don't want to jump on Hak on the very first game, but I also don't want to see an ugly trend starting here.  IMO something stinks here ......

4 minutes ago, brelic said:

Nah, not MacDud. You don't name him A and trade him the next week lol. Buy him out after the season, sure. But not days apart!

And I don't see them trading Manning either for the reasons you state. 

Sadly, I know that you're right on both counts.

1 hour ago, vis said:

According to Meltzer, looks like Sanheim and Morin both scratched tonight.  I do not understand why Manning would play ahead of either of them.  Makes zero sense to sit either in the PB unless they are dealing with injuries.

https://twitter.com/billmeltzer/status/915646245481349120

Or Manning and someone else are being showcased.  

1 hour ago, vis said:

According to Meltzer, looks like Sanheim and Morin both scratched tonight.  I do not understand why Manning would play ahead of either of them.  Makes zero sense to sit either in the PB unless they are dealing with injuries.

https://twitter.com/billmeltzer/status/915646245481349120

In Canada, I believe I would call my local representative and get actual action taken on this offense.   

This is horrible.  WTF are they DOING?!?!?

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

FIRE.HAKSTOL.TODAY.

Seriously, first, they should be playing by right.   Both are better than either MacDud or Manning.  Second, why keep them up only to scratch them?  What good does that do anyone?  I guess bring them in case Ghost can't go, but...back to my first point.

The situation with the defensemen, keeping Leier, giving MacDumbass a letter other than F or U...this guy is an idiot.

And seriously, our offense pretty much blew in preseason.  And there's really little excuse for it.  He's in way over his head.  You're going to can him eventually, so why not just do it now?

Have to wait three games to can him and then only if it's not his fault.  It's Flyers Team rules.  

This pisses me off because Hextall said specifically that if a young guy was being kept up, it wasn't to sit on the bench. So we have two starting off on the bench. I realize one is insurance, but this tells me that Morin or Sanheim (probably Morin) is the 7th D once this road trip is over.

In the immortal words of Erik Gustaffson, "How does [one] get better by not playing?"

If this becomes the status quo, I'm all on the fire Hakstol train. And Hextall right behind him, because he's allowing facilitating the coach's stagnation of player development.

Just now, ruxpin said:

So, I take it we can put you down in the "wtf, Hakstol?" column?

I'm really, really about done. I'm all for patience, grooming kids, and making them earn their spot. Honestly, I'd be less pissed if they had sent Morin and Sanheim down and kept Alt up as the 7th D.

You don't keep the (hopeful) future top 4 of your franchise sitting in the press box. They don't get better that way. Send them down and let TJ Brennan be the 7th D-man. Or sign someone off the street. The young guys need to play. Hopefully someone in our esteemed press corps (OK, Charlie O'Connor or Meltzer, the others are worthless) will ask these questions. Because this is maddening.

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Seriously I really do not get Hakstol??? 

The only think i can makes sense of if they dress Morin and Sanheim they would have roughly 145 games of experience (excluding Gudas) between the other 5 defenseman....

....sorry it's all i got.

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

FIRE.HAKSTOL.TODAY.

Seriously, first, they should be playing by right.   Both are better than either MacDud or Manning.  Second, why keep them up only to scratch them?  What good does that do anyone?  I guess bring them in case Ghost can't go, but...back to my first point.

The situation with the defensemen, keeping Leier, giving MacDumbass a letter other than F or U...this guy is an idiot.

And seriously, our offense pretty much blew in preseason.  And there's really little excuse for it.  He's in way over his head.  You're going to can him eventually, so why not just do it now?

I have no problem with keeping Leier, but seriously, this clown has got to go and I think it's time that Ron starts feeling some heat for continually protecting veterans that simply can't do the job. What makes it even worse is that there isn't even a single beat writer that will call Hextall and Hakstol out for this. Honestly, them not dressing Morin and Sanheim just shows how much of chickens they are to make the leap and commitment to youth in the lineup. They CLEARLY outplayed MacDonald and Manning, yet Hextall looks like a liar for his "if the kids are ready, they'll play" mantra. Lying sack of ****.

22 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I'm really, really about done. I'm all for patience, grooming kids, and making them earn their spot. Honestly, I'd be less pissed if they had sent Morin and Sanheim down and kept Alt up as the 7th D.

I guess they must teach them the art of making perfect popcorn first so once they finally start playing and make the slightest of mistakes they know what to do once the instantly are benched!!!

:DancingGrape:

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I don't really hold out any hope for that, but possibly.   I would suspect for Manning more than MacDotard.    But what would they "prove" tonight that they haven't through preseason and last year?  Unless Hextall was simply waiting to see if Ghost is okay.  Dunno, i just think the better explanation is that our coach is a moron.

God I hope not!

53 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I guess they must teach them the art of making perfect popcorn first so once they finally start playing and make the slightest of mistakes they know what to do once the instantly are benched!!!

:DancingGrape:

Sadly, their official popcorn training won't be until their first game at home. According to Jody Shelly, Riley Cote it takes approximately 8 hours to be properly trained on the Flyers Jiffytron5000 model. Apparently it's state of the art and automatically applies a sprinkle of salt a drip of butter to each popped kernel. :PopcornSmiley2:

Wow, all I can say is, wow.

Actually, I can say more than that. 

Dave Hakstol  is behaving like a ***** who's trying to protect his job.  What I find odd is Hakstol is supposedly a "great developer of young talent", yet he continues to keep the new guys on a short leash with regard to playing time.

I know I'm not at practice to see how DH works with the young guys...but his track record with regard to supplying minutes to these guys is underwhelming and inconsistent at best.

Generally, I try to be a positive voice in all aspects of my life. Lately, though, it seems that nearly everyone in the world is acting really ****** stupid. There are inexperienced assholes running the country and that appears to be the template for how Comcast wants to run the hockey team too... idiocy, not of my own doing, seems to be leaching into every aspect of my life.  I mean Kajafukingoogoo people,  if the young guys need minutes give them minutes, don't have them fetching popcorn. 

Play the kids, either in the A or here, but ****** play them.

None of us know the reason why they are both scratched.  They have 23 guys on the roster and only 20 of them can dress for any one game.  Maybe they have jet lag from traveling cross country.  They don't travel that far in the AHL.  Or maybe to calm their jitters a little.  Or maybe they are defeating a clause in their contracts.  Remember a few years ago when they sent B. Schenn down for the 1st game of the year?  They didn't wait...they sent him down early.  

Take a deep breath and step back from the ledge. 

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Wow, all I can say is, wow.

Actually, I can say more than that. 

Dave Hakstol  is behaving like a ***** who's trying to protect his job.  What I find odd is Hakstol is supposedly a "great developer of young talent", yet he continues to keep the new guys on a short leash with regard to playing time.

I know I'm not at practice to see how DH works with the young guys...but his track record with regard to supplying minutes to these guys is underwhelming and inconsistent at best.

Generally, I try to be a positive voice in all aspects of my life. Lately, though, it seems that nearly everyone in the world is acting really ****** stupid. There are inexperienced assholes running the country and that appears to be the template for how Comcast wants to run the hockey team too... idiocy, not of my own doing, seems to be leaching into every aspect of my life.  I mean Kajafukingoogoo people,  if the young guys need minutes give them minutes, don't have them fetching popcorn. 

Play the kids, either in the A or here, but ****** play them.

How ironic the young unexperienced coach won't take a chance on the young unexperienced players....

:hyper:

I figured Sanheim would be sent down.Morin played the overall best of the three kids. He played physical, solid defense and even showed offensive skill with a goal and a nice assist. He actually showed more than was expected.Why both kids are scratched is beyond me. I also don’t like Hakstols lines...Giroux and Voracek more playmakers than scorers with a slow , uncreative defensive center. Who is actually gonna do the scoring on this line.

Then you have a Simmonds, Weal and Patrick , all righty’s and Simmonds and Weal are more finishers than playmakers. To me ,Simmonds should be on the first line with Knonecny and Giroux . The second line should be Patrick , Voracek and Weal.  

Coots should be centering the third line...

6 hours ago, vis said:

Yes, that Manning is dressing ahead of Morin.  Not as surprised about Sanheim.  Between Sanheim and Morin, I expected Morin to get the nod.  I did not expect Manning to play ahead of both of them.

you don't know Hakstol then

Archived