Wild fans say hello

Lonkkis

• 2 weeks later...

We have reached today 3000 posts on our Wild forum which is a 6th place among other posts of other teams forums. The most impressive part of it, that we did reach that level in about 3 months. Our leaders continue to be the same - LIG, Rotty,and KA.☺️

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Alexandron said:

We have reached today 3000 posts on our Wild forum which is a 6th place among other posts of other teams forums. The most impressive part of it, that we did reach that level in about 3 months. Our leaders continue to be the same - LIG, Rotty,and KA.☺️

Congrats.

I'm an old timer, haven't checked in much lately, but good to see you folks havin' a time here.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:01 PM, Alexandron said:

Pretty cool. I will get more involved once the season starts. Enjoy the game threads 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Pretty cool. I will get more involved once the season starts.  

Same. There's not much to discuss this off season. Same team, same leadership. Yes I know Fenton is new but he seems like a Fletcher clone. No exciting draft picks either. Look at what the Blues did this summer. Now that's something worth talking about. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jagged Ice said:

Same. There's not much to discuss this off season. Same team, same leadership. Yes I know Fenton is new but he seems like a Fletcher clone. No exciting draft picks either. Look at what the Blues did this summer. Now that's something worth talking about. 

Definitely been a dull off season 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

@CreaseAndAssist yes we do, also glad to see that Patrick Stewart is coming back to reprise his role as Jean Luc Picard in a new series.

True, and hopefully they are smart enough to not just throw away canon by trying to re-invent Klingons as they did with Discovery.  ANYWAYS...back to topic, glad to see things thriving here.  In fact, it almost seems more active now than what it was before?!?!  Anyone else agree?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

True, and hopefully they are smart enough to not just throw away canon by trying to re-invent Klingons as they did with Discovery.  ANYWAYS...back to topic, glad to see things thriving here.  In fact, it almost seems more active now than what it was before?!?!  Anyone else agree?  

yes, it does seem more active just based on the fact that there are other members not a part of the Wild crew that are active and trying to do things that make us feel welcome. It's also a new place so of course we want to come here and show why were the best and you know it's just checking out the new digs and all that it has to offer. I mean for me personally I have never been more active in an offseason than this year. I usually say goodbye until next season and rarely ever even went back to the boards from the time of our last game up until the first preseason game, so they are at least doing something right.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

yes, it does seem more active just based on the fact that there are other members not a part of the Wild crew that are active and trying to do things that make us feel welcome. It's also a new place so of course we want to come here and show why were the best and you know it's just checking out the new digs and all that it has to offer. I mean for me personally I have never been more active in an offseason than this year. I usually say goodbye until next season and rarely ever even went back to the boards from the time of our last game up until the first preseason game, so they are at least doing something right.

It is nice to see moderators here actually take an interest in the boards and step in when things get personal or off topic, unlike the Wild boards where Falness pretty much let the boards devolve into the Wild, Wild West...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

It is nice to see moderators here actually take an interest in the boards and step in when things get personal or off topic, unlike the Wild boards where Falness pretty much let the boards devolve into the Wild, Wild West...

Seems to me it depends on who's doing the name calling.

All-Da Beauty Team

Brock Boeser is your MVP

Forwards -

Tyler Pitlick- Velocity 

Mikey Eyssimont- Walser

Brock Nelson- BIC 

D-

Alex Goligoski- Velocity

Justin Braun- Velocity 

G- Alex Stalock- BIC 

MVP- Brock Boeser- BIC 

Coach of the Year- Duke Boeser

Some things never change :)  Glad you are here JTG

If I am honest (and I am) had there been message boards then - I would have been posting stuff aboot Orr and Beliveau all the time, as I loved them as much as you love Boeser

Come to think of it - I still do post aboot them ;)

Wow. Looks like most of the old gang's here. Wild Message expatriates, that is.

Of course the Wild will essentially be rolling out the same roster as last year. Only the names have been changed. And hopefully everybody is rested and ready, especially Suter (who I believe had a titanium pipe welded to his ankle), Parise (who successfully underwent a sternum transplant, if I heard that right), and Coyle and Nino (who took spin classes and hot yoga,) according to unsubstantiated mutterings from unnamed sources on a reliable Russian fake news site.

At any rate, Fenton was wise to round up more of our favorite "college boys," i.e Matt Read (Meet the Beavers!) JT Brown (Go Dogs!), Matt Hendricks "Huskies Rock" and Greg Pateryn "Wolverines!" I suspect that Fenton suspects President Trump might slap a tariff on Canadian and European imports. Russians will be handled under an agreement worked out between Trump and Vladimir "the Russian Rocket" Putin.

We digress. Back to coaching.

For the Wild, at the helm, with new assistants, is our man Bruce "Tomato" Boudreau. There's an SB Nation report ranking the NHL's bench bosses that puts him in a class with Peter Laviolette  (Preds), Barry Trotz (Caps, now Isles) and Gerard Gallant (Vegas) as above-average coaches in the league. "Elite" status was awarded to Joel Quenville (Hawks) Jon Cooper (Bolts), Steve Sullivan (Pens) and Mike Babcock (Leafs). Mike Yeo of the Blues achieved, you guessed it, "average" status.

Among college coaches, Jim Montgomery (Denver to Dallas) and David Quinn (BU to Madison Square Garden) received passes heading into freshman seasons, while UND's Dave Hakstol (entering year four) gets a "below-average" ranking. Hakstol also takes a beating this month from a numbers-obsessed critique that seems to chastise the Flyers bench boss for having the nerve to bench guys who aren't playing his style or up to their abilities.

Edited by Icechipper
tighten