Hakstol Fired

AJgoal

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Any idea if the 2:30 presser will be televised? If yes, link for us our of towners?

Please and thank you!

I cant find anything online.  Watching on TV now.

Calgary game seems to represent to Fletch everything that was wrong with the team.  He gives Hak credit for his philosophy but didnt see what he was preaching in the actions of the players which was why they went the "new voice" road.  Also need more attention to details for the future. 

Fletch says he is still getting to know the team and that he is still trying to ID what characteristics of a HC they need to move this team forward.  He says basically everyone is a candidate at this time and that he expects Gordon to be the coach for the rest of the year (I wonder if he means the year 2018 :-).

Fletch expects Gordon will be coach for the remainder of the season.

He has not asked Chicago for permission to talk to Q, he has not talked to Q in over 2 years. Sent him a good luck text after Q was fired a few months ago. 

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

He has not asked Chicago for permission to talk to Q, he has not talked to Q in over 2 years. Sent him a good luck text after Q was fired a few months ago. 

I would have felt a little better if he said "We'll see how it goes with Gordon, but we'll keep our options open".

This bumblef\/ck situation has a distinct "upper management" odor to it.

I'm telling you Dave Scott, is the newest and potentially worst problem we've encountered since....**** i don't know Craig Berube - Head Coach. 

People said a lot of things about the Chairman, but he would not be tolerating this...*gestures broadly* whatever this is.

The last month with team reeks of a rich, asshole, dilatant inserting himself where he doesn't belong, because...money.

Oh how I pray for the days when experts are allowed to be experts because they studied and did things for decades again.

This current mindset of "oh I have a big wallet and google how hard can it be ?" is ****** dangerous. 

Just now, brelic said:

I mean, it makes sense that he tries to give the team as much stability as possible right now. 

And if that means Gordon as HC until the end of the year, so be it. 

Yeah don't want to shake up those bottom feeder special teams....

#passpasspasspasspasspasspass

:whiteflag:

It makes sense, though. If Gordon is the interim, why shuffle out the assistants for ones that the next coach may not want? 

This makes it seem a bit less likely that the team is going to go full Holmgren, though. At least I hope it does.

Lots of GM speak today.  Who knows if we can trust him as  GMs lie all to the press the time and I dont put 100% stock in what he says about not speaking with Q at all.  Hard to read him how he really feels about the players.  He says they have heart and that they are a good team, he didn't think that Haks message was getting through and that there was a lack of attention to details, especially defensively.  He  outwardly suggesting that he wants to be careful about making knee jerk trades (my words not his) as he is still getting to know the players and doesn't want to be fooled by the small sample size of games he has seen so far.  I like hearing this but not sure if I really trust him on that as we know the pressure from above is immense on doing something that would conceivably re-energize the bedraggled fanbase and angry STHs.

Just now, brelic said:

Wow.  That's crazy.

Forget about Coach Q incoming shorly.

1 minute ago, vis said:

Wow.  That's crazy.

Forget about Coach Q incoming shorly.

This is if we actually trust what he is saying.  My former boss used to always tell me "trust nothing, trust no-one" when it came to business matters. 

3 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

This is if we actually trust what he is saying.  My former boss used to always tell me "trust nothing, trust no-one" when it came to business matters. 

Yes, but it's in how you tell the lie.

To outright say "I have not asked Chicago permission to talk to Q and haven't spoken to him in 2 years" are such definitive terms. A man as smart as Fletcher understands how to mask the truth that leaves him a plausible out if/when he is called out. That was not it.

I believe he's telling the truth about that. 

2 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Wish I could say there's a some brilliant hockey logic at work here, but I'm sorry, I'm not seeing it......

Which only proves you cannot see what is not there. 

Medication helps, though. 

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Medication helps, though. 

I have a headache. And no medicine. Stuck in an office in a secure compound with only you psychos to keep me company.

Archived