DoPS Hearing Today For Radko Gudas

hf101

DoPS Hearing Today For Radko Gudas  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How many Games will Gudas be suspended?

• 1-3
    • 4-6
    • more than 6

Gudas's stick slash to the head of Kucherov will be addressed by DOPS.   Since he's a repeat offender it's likely to be several games.

but, nothing from DOPS on this hit by Mantha on Giroux this past weekend.   

For the record,  Gudas has had a great season thus far, I'd really hate for this to be more than 3 games.

2 minutes ago, hf101 said:

but, nothing from DOPS on this hit by Mantha on Giroux this past weekend.   

Read the fine print.

With exception to Flyer players...duh.

It would be huge loss especially with this string of 4 games vs. teams ahead of them in the standings.

Montreal, Pittsburgh (Stadium series) Sabres and Blue Jackets.

I wanted Myers in the lineup but not this way.

He has to face the music.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Read the fine print.

With exception to Flyer players...duh.

It would be huge loss especially with this string of 4 games vs. teams ahead of them in the standings.

Montreal, Pittsburgh (Stadium series) Sabres and Blue Jackets.

I wanted Myers in the lineup but not this way.

He has to face the music.

Yeah, it will huge loss for the team, but it is an excellent opportunity to get Meyers or Morin in the lineup though. 

16 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Think of it as a chance for Meyers to prove that Amac should be sitting when Gudas comes back.

He did that the previous game when he played he was the 2nd best D man on the team to only Provorov it's why he should have played vs Tampa but Gordon had to out smart himself and scratch him and still play Mcdud who nicely went -2 in only 14 minutes.

Things like that remind me of Hak like a year or so back when Stolie shuts out the Devils after Mason went 0 for 10 life time against them and what does he do the next game goes back to an injured Mason.

Damnit just play the best player.

38 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Yeah, it will huge loss for the team, but it is an excellent opportunity to get Meyers or Morin in the lineup though.

27 minutes ago, Digityman said:

I'd like to see Meyers and if this is the way it needs to happen, then so be it. 

Think of it as a chance for Meyers to prove that Amac should be sitting when Gudas comes back

I agree with this, but I think it just shot to hell our deadline opportunity to trade Gudas.

Tell you what, too.  Gudas deserves to sit quite awhile for that hit. There's really no excuse for it.

36 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I agree with this, but I think it just shot to hell our deadline opportunity to trade Gudas.

Tell you what, too.  Gudas deserves to sit quite awhile for that hit. There's really no excuse for it.

I missed it was just wondering what was the context of it happening...not saying it was justified in any way but it was a are you f**king kidding me what was that for, what in the hell were you thinking one of the dumbest things I have ever seen him try to do.

It was almost as bad and the hit Hagg put on one of their forwards I forget who it was and the puck was long gone and he hit the guy slightly in the chin, there was no call but that too was stupid as hell and dangerous.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I missed it was just wondering what was the context of it happening...not saying it was justified in any way but it was a are you f**king kidding me what was that for, what in the hell were you thinking one of the dumbest things I have ever seen him try to do.

I'm not sure what he was thinking or if he was.  But you know, he was suspended for a head chop last year against Perrault.   This isn' t just about his being a repeat offender.  This is his being a repeat offender of the very same offense.

wtf is this guy thinking man. it looked bad in slow motion. at first i thought he was just bringing his stick down to the ice and happened to hit Kucherov incidentally, but on second look it looks like it's on purpose. Stupid play by him. He'd probably get 5 just on reputation alone. I won't be surprised (angry, but not surprised) if it's 8-10.

Just now, albertaflyer said:

Pretty sure its a phone hearing so less than 5 games I would think.

Oh is it?  Then maybe yeah. 

That would also tell me that league is full of crap that they even slightly care about player safety. 

He hacks someone over the head 16 months ago, he gets 10 games. 

He does it again. League:  "eh, less than 5 sounds good. Sends the right message." 

38 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Oh is it?  Then maybe yeah. 

That would also tell me that league is full of crap that they even slightly care about player safety. 

He hacks someone over the head 16 months ago, he gets 10 games. 

He does it again. League:  "eh, less than 5 sounds good. Sends the right message." 

Yeah, I'd be shocked if this is less than 10 games.  Honestly, he should get 15-20 games for this.  He's looking right at Kucherov.  I don't get how he can even try to argue it was accidental.

kind of hard to take seriously any of the "we want to eliminate head injuries" line with this ruling. 

like rux I don't want to see him suspended for a long time either but, this was an instance where the league could have sent a  message and didn't...again.

The DOPS ' rulings don't have any sort of consistency. they're very capricious & it doesn't seem like safety is really their goal. 

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

kind of hard to take seriously any of the "we want to eliminate head injuries" line with this ruling. 

like rux I don't want to see him suspended for a long time either but, this was an instance where the league could have sent a  message and didn't...again.

The DOPS ' rulings don't have any sort of consistency. they're very capricious & it doesn't seem like safety is really their goal. 

I bet you had Kucherov been hurt on the play in any significant way (including the optics of being helped off or...gasp...as stretcher) that would have been 10-15.

In all honestly, Gudas deserved the suspension he received. The league isn't, and shouldn't, going to tolerate swinging your stick...and making contact with a player around the neck or above. Plus, Gudas isn't exactly known to be a "choir boy".

I was listening to the audio of the "explanation" on nhl radoi before they give the ruling,  and the whole time I was like...oh damn...oh damn.....this is gonna be BAD. I was expecting 10+.....and a thorough beating with a sack of nickels!

Go buy a scratch ticket Radko....hope this crap doesn't hurt his value at the trade deadline! :)

Wow.  Very surprised given his past history.  I really thought he'd get a much bigger suspension.  I know they hit to Perrault was different, but this is twice he's intentionally connected his stick to the head of another player.  I like Gudas and all, but we would be going insane if this were a player from another team.

13 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

They didn't with the Malkin suspension either.

9 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I bet you had Kucherov been hurt on the play in any significant way (including the optics of being helped off or...gasp...as stretcher) that would have been 10-15.

As I just stated it's the same as with Malkin.

The DOPES need to get their sh it together.

Archived