McKenzie: Hayes signed - 7 yrs / 50 milion

ruxpin

Do you like this signing?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the terms that the Flyers gave Hayes? (7 yrs / ~50 million)

• Yes - Best deal the Flyers could come up with
    • Yes - Glad he is a Flyers but signed for too much
    • Hell No! - Too much money. What is Fletcher doing to us???

39 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

You realize Philly got Frost AND Farabee out of that trade right? Can we wait until these two make or break their careers before calling them useless.

They might be great players, like Lehtera. Maybe they will be good, at which time the flyers will trade them for a useless player and some draft choices.

Then they will turn around and dump what they get in those moves for more futures. If teams won awards for dumping players for draft choices surely the flyers would get it.

Its what they do but at least we get to watch them all hoist the cup at their new home, so theres that.

You see the pattern? They traded hartnell, saddled the team with umberger for a couple seasons while Hartnell went on to play well for 4 more years in columbus. And then they had nobody to play with giroux for a few years.  But its okay because it was for the future. Then when they got out of that finally they traded schenn, for a useless guy who made about the same amount and draft choices.

Thats  6 wasted years right there of watching umberger and then lehtera when the team should have just said outright they did not intend to win anything. They could have just kept the players they had and let them play it out and then leave, or in Hartnells case retire.

I dont think frost is useless, I think he is gamble and not worth giving up a young, cheap, pp goal leader, proven center with size(you can add Stanley cup winner to that now). And if the flyers thought that Frost was the future at center then why did they just sign a plug for 7x7? Looks more like the flyers dont think he will be ready either.

I hope frost is great, they will get more draft choices and maybe two useless players for him when they trade him in his prime. Its all about the future you know.

Edited by csummers

56 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

You realize Philly got Frost AND Farabee out of that trade right? Can we wait until these two make or break their careers before calling them useless.

No, because we've already made up our mind because we think it makes us sound suffocated...ee...sophisticated and edgy. Never mind we have no idea what we're talking about. 

🤡

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, csummers said:

They might be great players, like Lehtera. Maybe they will be good, at which time the flyers will trade them for a useless player and some draft choices.

Then they will turn around and dump what they get in those moves for more futures. If teams won awards for dumping players for draft choices surely the flyers would get it.

Its what they do but at least we get to watch them all hoist the cup at their new home, so theres that.

You see the pattern? They traded hartnell, saddled the team with umberger for a couple seasons while Hartnell went on to play well for 4 more years in columbus. And then they had nobody to play with giroux for a few years.  But its okay because it was for the future. Then when they got out of that finally they traded schenn, for a useless guy who made about the same amount and draft choices.

Thats  6 wasted years right there of watching umberger and then lehtera when the team should have just said outright they did not intend to win anything. They could have just kept the players they had and let them play it out and then leave, or in Hartnells case retire.

I dont think frost is useless, I think he is gamble and not worth giving up a young, cheap, pp goal leader, proven center with size(you can add Stanley cup winner to that now). And if the flyers thought that Frost was the future at center then why did they just sign a plug for 7x7? Looks more like the flyers dont think he will be ready either.

I hope frost is great, they will get more draft choices and maybe two useless players for him when they trade him in his prime. Its all about the future you know.

No.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 2

No its not a pattern at all that the flyers have no idea how to judge the players they have. Its an organizational thing, always has been.

They overvalue what they dont have and undervalue what they have. But we get to see the players excel elsewhere so its exciting for us, like seeing a baby bird hatch and then go on to live a good life somewhere else.

Patrick Sharp, Sergei Brobrovsky, Schenn, Hartnell, JVR(1st time), all good players that never seemed good enough in Philly but seemed to just do fine elsewhere.

Hey, lets not forget we got to see richards and carter raise cups in order to build for the future only to let half of what that future is go in order to..........build for the future.

Sooner or later, you should try to win. If your organization consistently undervalues its own players and over values other players it will keep happening. Every time they do it we hear about how these are the guys of the future, how these guys are the ones, how this trade will pay off. Then they pull the chute before they even know what they have, rinse, repeat.

It would not be so bad if they didnt take slugs. The schenn trade was great because they have young guys coming up ready to step up......... but they didnt have anyone and instead got into two bad contracts with older players that will haunt them for years.

They sure have got mileage out of frost, whether he ends up a good player or not. They can screw up anything they want right now and the answer is "but its okay, they have Frost coming up". I hope he is good but when I saw every scouting system picking him 2nd round and only the flyers excited for him being first round I thought about their track record of talent judging and its not exactly making me confident.

If patrick didnt fall into their lap they wouldnt even have that hope. They let JVR go just in time to let someone else get his best years and then they over paid to get him back while he is going on the decline. Thats real smart planning for the future right there. Toronto had a team they thought was a cup contender but one guy they didnt think they needed for that was JVR. When a cup contender lets a guy walk, it might be a good idea to stay away from him long term.

Want to trade a young guy for futures thats fine, but why take a piece of crap in the deal that will be unmovable and you are stuck with for 2 or 3 years? They did it with umberger and they did it with lehtera and for the 5 or so years we had to watch them there was zero chance of winning anything. And now that time is up and they still dont have the pieces to fill what they had and have spent 14 million in 2 years trying to plug that hole up front while they see that all those prospects arent ready.

Now we get to watch 7 years of Hayes, who has played about 70 games in two seasons and never broke 50 points. I cant wait.

Edited by csummers

Walt Whitman must have a line at it with folks freaking out about all the transactions Chuckles has made.

No way to tell first of July how good/bad this team will be. No sense in everyone being up in arms right now. It does no good.

Flyer fans have all next season to jump enjoy the summer who knows it could turn out to be a good season.

Cheers!!!!!

50 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyer fans have all next season to jump enjoy the summer who knows it could turn out to be a good season.

And hey, if not, we're kind of used to it. 

43 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

And hey, if not, we're kind of used to it. 

Not looking at the length of anything just looking next year's roster/team i like it and it's potential.

Injuries could derail the season like always. I like the overall depth from top to bottom. A lot of different skill sets.

I will remain cautiously optimistic for the what may unfold. Right now they just need to get the last 3 guys signed.

This is a better team than last on paper...it's all i'm thinking about right now. Let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not looking at the length of anything just looking next year's roster/team i like it and it's potential.

Injuries could derail the season like always. I like the overall depth from top to bottom. A lot of different skill sets.

I will remain cautiously optimistic for the what may unfold. Right now they just need to get the last 3 guys signed.

This is a better team than last on paper...it's all i'm thinking about right now. Let the chips fall where they may.

Oh I agree. But don't tell anyone because I have a lot invested in these "Sky is Falling" protective body armor suits and helmets I'm trying to sell. 

• Haha 2

Someone on defense still has to go. It's either Hagg or Ghost, IMO.

Hagg would free up a roster spot and get you a pick.

Ghost would return a roster player they could plug in at forward. 

Which one is it gonna be?

8 minutes ago, brelic said:

I can't believe they would trade Ghost now. I could see it as part of a larger move, but that moment has kinda passed. 

Unless either Fletch or AV have a particular view of Ghost (don't like his downsides or whatever). In which case he's gone any minute.

But if they see him as part of the plan to drive offense from the backend, then he absolutely has to stay.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Oh I agree. But don't tell anyone because I have a lot invested in these "Sky is Falling" protective body armor suits and helmets I'm trying to sell. 

Oh i understand and if anyone wants to feel that they are doomed by all means do. I can't say there aren't anymore than anyone can say they are. I just prefer to think that i am going to be able to watch some good Flyer hockey this year and enjoy some playoff action with it.

But i will tell i have learned a lesson and shows how confident IT will happen....i'm going to wait to buy my gamecenter package this year i value my money more than that....so if they suck again...fine...but i don't have to watch it.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, brelic said:

Technically they would be fine there are other ways around all the roster issues.

Once they sign everyone they could go ahead and waive Gabriel (just a paper transaction) and recall someone with waiver exemption.

Or send Myers down to get to 23 skaters. NAK will be either the 12th or 13th forward. Instead of trading anyone.

But i think at some point you will see Hagg moved so all that doesn't have to be done. 

I think they will wait till more of the dust has settled on all this free agency stuff.

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

No i just don't agree with that....were are you getting all this please stop with all the long rambling post!!!!

It's taking forever to read....i don't have all day.... :D

• Haha 1

@OccamsRazor

well see there's a lot on my mind, clearly. 

thanks for putting up with my rants.

I posted something- then thought better of it. So I tried to delete the post, the asterisk is the end result of my work around. 

1 hour ago, brelic said:

👻 aint going anywhere

• Like 1