Game 66: Flyers at Capitals; 3/4/20 @ 7 PM

Howie58

Just now, LegionOfDoom said:

I think N.AK is taking numbers and is waiting for his chance to really throw the hurt. I think he's been playing conservatively and not hitting harder than he knows how to. I think he can put the hurt for sure wants they say...."Relase the Hounds..."

Agreed. He's being disciplined. Maybe too much. A fully engaged NAK is a good player

• Like 1

Derek Grant is a point per game player with the Flyers. Let that sink in for a moment. I posted on another board and someone said he's this year's Ville Leino. I have to admit, he's outperformed what I thought he would do. Watch him go on to remain on that pace for the rest of the year.....lol

Gotta give Hagg props for going after Weelson. He took off his helmet, to go for some hits to the head, but didn't really get the chance.

I'm sure G appreciates that and the coach as well. Even though G really avoided most of that hit, it was nice to see someone step in and not gonna take it anymore. All in all the team played right. Elliot was a little too deep in net on some of those goals, had he challenged a little more they would of hit his torso more often than not.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Ya that kick out shows his coordination and smarts, and he's got that Philly-Kid smile.

Seems like a keeper.

Though I think it's too early to even whisper it, but I might see shadows of Grant shifting and wouldn't be startled to see him make a play as one of my beloved...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Though I think it's too early to even whisper it, but I might see shadows of Grant shifting and wouldn't be startled to see him make a play as one of my beloved...

😊

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

I'm a believer!!!!

If this team shows up to the playoffs, we hang with ANYONE.

Really nice win tonight all around.

Good times.

600x200

I hope it last Canes are on deck. Should be a good one. Winning makes everything better.

42 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Derek Grant is a point per game player with the Flyers. Let that sink in for a moment. I posted on another board and someone said he's this year's Ville Leino. I have to admit, he's outperformed what I thought he would do. Watch him go on to remain on that pace for the rest of the year.....lol

I was a bit surprised Anaheim let him go so cheaply.  We really don't know if he is a late bloomer or a Glen Metropolit-type having an out-of-nowhere year.  

9 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I was a bit surprised Anaheim let him go so cheaply.  We really don't know if he is a late bloomer or a Glen Metropolit-type having an out-of-nowhere year.  

He seems to have a bit of a knack for scoring if you look at his career stats. He's clearly a very smart player. And I like his size and versatility. Fletch has to be smiling.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I think N.AK is taking numbers and is waiting for his chance to really throw the hurt. I think he's been playing conservatively and not hitting harder than he knows how to. I think he can put the hurt for sure once they say...."Release the Hounds..."

NAK has incredible offensive fundamentals, that play when he threw that backhand on net and it resulted in a goal. That really was a heads up play , He didn’t try and force the puck through the defense and cause a turnover, he just threw it at the net, like you have heard a thousand times, anything can happen and it did. He always seems to create some good chances when he is on the ice. I would like to see the creativity of NAK and Farabee together eventually playing on the same line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Grant looks like a tremendous pickup , him and Pitlick both UFA next year and NAK is RFA.Unless we dump JVR , I don’t think we can re-sign these guys and the better they play , the more it’s gonna cost. Raffl and Laughton are also playing great .

27 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Grant looks like a tremendous pickup , him and Pitlick both UFA next year and NAK is RFA.Unless we dump JVR , I don’t think we can re-sign these guys and the better they play , the more it’s gonna cost. Raffl and Laughton are also playing great .

Cap could be 88 mill next year. Those guys won’t cost to much.

Edited by albertaflyer
Gramar

2 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

I would like to see the creativity of NAK and Farabee together eventually playing on the same line.

Maybe a line of Farabee Frost and N.AK as a third line could be interesting. But 100 percent agree N.AK goes to the right places.

It is very frustrating when he skates out to the hunt ready to make something happen and I see that they don't seem to have the vision to pass it out to him when clearly he has an edge out to break out down the ice, I've seen it countless of times and it is frustrating, I think his linemates don't have the vision to go along with what he's trying to start off on.

I think Frost has the high IQ to see it as well and Farabee is right there as well.

The good news is that I think his linemates are now starting to catch sight of him and processing that he is a valid option to pass it to.

Every goal he's scored it seems like it was a heads up play by his team mate to see him skating to the danger zone.

He also seems to create his own scoring chances as well.

What I would of liked,  would of been, to have Farabee, Frost and N. AK playing as a line in the AHL for at least half a year in the beginning of the first half of the season so they could build chemistry. Bringing them up at the same time about now would of done wonders I believe if they had spent time together before. But of course putting three rookies on the same line would of been risky as a coach, but piecing it together next season is doable.

10 hours ago, Poulin20 said:

We are the team the Caps don’t want to face in the playoffs!

Would be nice to squeeze up in the playoffs and put the Caps and Pens in a first round matchup.

That said, as it stands that would mean facing the Isles - who are looking like a team that the smoke is finally clearing from the mirrors, but has been a tough out.

Next step is the first round. Keep walking.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Maybe a line of Farabee Frost and N.AK as a third line could be interesting. But 100 percent agree N.AK goes to the right places.

It is very frustrating when he skates out to the hunt ready to make something happen and I see that they don't seem to have the vision to pass it out to him when clearly he has an edge out to break out down the ice, I've seen it countless of times and it is frustrating, I think his linemates don't have the vision to go along with what he's trying to start off on.

I think Frost has the high IQ to see it as well and Farabee is right there as well.

The good news is that I think his linemates are now starting to catch sight of him and processing that he is a valid option to pass it to.

Every goal he's scored it seems like it was a heads up play by his team mate to see him skating to the danger zone.

He also seems to create his own scoring chances as well.

Raffl sees him frequently, can't always execute though. 

• Good Post 1

12 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

I just posted this in another thread but i wouldn't be shocked if at the end of the year Chuckles wants to run it back with this team again.

I'd want a new backup option though....Laurent Brossoit maybe?? Or if Anton Khudobin if they let him go.