Tony DeAngelo Saga: Where Will It End?

TropicalFruitGirl26

45 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Not in general.  But the people calling themselves the former aren't the definition of that.  They're the definition of the latter.   More people should let THEM know there IS  a difference.

And this is his third team running screaming from him.    This isn't just comments and being an all around jerk.   That apparently keeps someone on both a team and a forum.   This is being a cancer in the room and altercations with teammates because he's a boiling ball of patriot.

So then DiAngelo is an a hole just like Colin Krapernick, their talent does not outweigh the headaches they bring. Many a holes have been tolerated because they perform on the field, like Terrell Owens for example.

Edited by pilldoc
please leave politics and highly charged social topics out of theh thread
  • Like 1

We have been down this road before.  Please try to stay on topic with the posts. I'm noticing some political innuendos and they will be hidden because as we all know this never ends well.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 2

In an attempt to keep the ^%$#ing political crap out of this thread, here is an article once again from USA Today where they talk a bit more about the mess DeAngelo and the Rangers find themselves in.

New York Rangers have a lot of questions to answer about Tony DeAngelo (usatoday.com)

The article also cites conflicting reports on who did what to whom.... and who is on who's $h*t list.

The way I see it, DeAngelo IS a problem and a distraction, and his past antagonizing, and downright a-hole behavior is documented..... however, there are still things that don't get out to the public's ears.

In about a month or so, we will see whether some team would relieve the Rangers of their problematic, but still talented defenseman.....or whether he will find himself in limbo, and shortly after that, possibly out of the NHL entirely.

The Rangers have a good thing they are slowly building, and a well behaved (he doesn't have to be a model citizen) DeAngelo can contribute greatly to that.
But it's pretty obvious he is doing more harm than good in that locker room.

Was this the same way in Arizona? Did Stevie Y see this go on with Syracuse in the Bolts' organization?
Only DeAngelo, his teammates, and the FO know for sure.

If DeAngelo does derail himself and costs himself a chance to be an NHL player, then shame on him, and shame on whomever it was that 'molded' him growing up.
Maybe some tough love by an organization is in order here.....some restrictions put on him on what he does even OFF the ice if he wants to get professional ice time.
Sure, the organization (whomever that may be at this point) probably doesn't have a right to tell DeAngelo to stay off social media (do they?) or probably can't make him seek help for his behavior, but they can certainly put that in front of him and make him choose between taking steps and losing his NHL status.

If he stinks up about that, then at least it will free n clear that he isn't NHL material, nor likely will ever be.

I'm not condoning any of his crap. But just trying to see a way for a team to try and get something positive out of the guy.
The Rangers won't speak on it and I am sure they have their reasons, but as long as they DON'T, they will be hounded by media outlets until something is either resolved (not likely) or DeAngelo is packed and moved along elsewhere (more likely).

6 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

He was released for being too much of a man

Just to get back to this comment, one of the many reasons he was let go by teams in the OHL, AHL and NHL (3 so far in the NHL) was his lack of maturity. He's verbally and physically attacked his own teammates and officials on muliple occasions. He also has a well known history of throwing fits and having meltdowns when things don't go his own way.

Quite the man. 

• Like 1

Sigh. Every source I have seen is speculating. The few sources who likely have inside information say this has little to do with politics and everything to do with him just being an unlikable jerk.

In all likelihood, he is the type of bullheaded jerk who can't separate politics from work or STFU about it, and those types are annoying no matter WHAT side they support. I don't allow it in my workplace from subordinates for EITHER side.

Friedman has the scoop from official sources and said He made a sarcastic dick head remark at Georgiev after the goal and Georgiev punched him and then they went at it. After the team broke them up, they told him he is on waivers. He has apparently been a sulky dork over being scratched a few games too.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Just to get back to this comment, one of the many reasons he was let go by teams in the OHL, AHL and NHL (3 so far in the NHL) was his lack of maturity. He's verbally and physically attacked his own teammates and officials on muliple occasions. He also has a well known history of throwing fits and having meltdowns when things don't go his own way.

Quite the man. 

We could use a guy like that to attack Voracek and JVR when they go through their long stretches of lethargy. Maybe he could give Giroux a good kick in the ass too....and what’s wrong with attacking officials, I would have attacked Leon Stickle.

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

We could use a guy like that to attack Voracek and JVR when they go through their long stretches of lethargy. Maybe he could give Giroux a good kick in the ass too....and what’s wrong with attacking officials, I would have attacked Leon Stickle.

I realized this post was likely in jest (or was it? lol), but even in a situation where a player (like say a Giroux or Voracek) need their head smacked, a guy like DeAngelo WOULDN'T be the guy to do it.

In NHL league status, DeAngelo is still a nobody while Giroux and Voracek, like it or not, have established themselves as veteran NHL'ers.

Thing is, if DeAngelo COULD get his head out of his own arse, establishes himself in the league, then some of his more heavy handed mannerism MIGHT be tolerated more....or even useful to help straighten out teammates.
But at this stage, HE is the one needing straightening out and may never get to the point where he can be the 'tough love' mentor.

As for officials, well, they are easy to pick on....and I have seen some things from some of them that seriously make me question how they have that job, but any veteran player would be stupid to attack one...verbally or otherwise....much less a tadpole like DeAngelo.d

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I realized this post was likely in jest (or was it? lol), but even in a situation where a player (like say a Giroux or Voracek) need their head smacked, a guy like DeAngelo WOULDN'T be the guy to do it.

In NHL league status, DeAngelo is still a nobody while Giroux and Voracek, like it or not, have established themselves as veteran NHL'ers.

Thing is, if DeAngelo COULD get his head out of his own arse, establishes himself in the league, then some of his more heavy handed mannerism MIGHT be tolerated more....or even useful to help straighten out teammates.
But at this stage, HE is the one needing straightening out and may never get to the point where he can be the 'tough love' mentor.

As for officials, well, they are easy to pick on....and I have seen some things from some of them that seriously make me question how they have that job, but any veteran player would be stupid to attack one...verbally or otherwise....much less a tadpole like DeAngelo.d

Yes I was joking around, I like to stir the pot every once in a while. Although we could use a Rick Tocchet  or Pronger kinda guy to give some of our guys an attitude adjustment when needed.

Not sure how reliable a source Darren Dreger is, but he put this out there:
dreger.jpg.52c06c08eead834efe10fe57249ccb73.jpg

DeAngelo will stay home until some deal could be hammered out with another team.

Obviously means his days as a Ranger are done, which is good for ALL involved...but it also means somebody out there thinks they can still get something good out of Tony DeAngelo.
I've said before....teams....get your high powered psychologists ready!

55 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Here...sounds like it might give you some hope. 

Fark user image

7 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Here...sounds like it might give you some hope. 

Fark user image

Sounds like a plan , he could be an enemy within. Thank god he was banned from Twitter that beacon of justice .Maybe he is plotting an insurrection against the Bettman administration. I will notify Nancy Pelosi immediately.

OK ...now that there has been a 10+ hr cooling off period for all individuals, I am unlocking this thread as suggested to me by @TropicalFruitGirl26 because it is a worthy topic to discuss.  Let me be clear, put the name calling and political innuendo shenanigans away.  Discuss the topic at hand and not at each other.  This topic thread will be heavily watched and monitored.  If the malicious behavior from last evening should repeat itself, then this topic will be locked down for good.

Carry on .......

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's a video where Deangelo's dad talks about his son.

If Deangelo was in the army would he be ready to take the bullet for his brothers-in-arms, if they didn't think like him and look like him? He should go play individual sports, or join the army to learn what a team means. If he doesn't learn this, he's not much value to a hockey team. I hope he does learn, there's too many people like him to just totally quit on them.

39 minutes ago, Math said:

Can his contract be terminated or cancelled, whatsoever?

If yes, he could join the Avalanche with a little lower salary: Colorado has a roster spot available and are exactly $1,531 under the cap.

With regards to that, I thought I read that if some deal couldn't be worked out with another team this season, the Rangers would just sit him home, pay him for this season, then buy him out next year.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

With regards to that, I thought I read that if some deal couldn't be worked out with another team this season, the Rangers would just sit him home, pay him for this season, then buy him out next year.

Yeah, makes sense. That being said, I'd love to see him go to the Jackets. Just to see... :devil:

• Like 1

KHL? European League? The old low level pro leagues gone or on hiatus here. There is an opportunity to see the world, which not everyone is afforded. Opportunity to expand his horizons, and possibly find redemption. He is a young man still. Too many in his age group are losing their lives to suicides or narcotics deaths. Up to him. Team held a mirror to his behavior and he aught to pay attention.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Here's a video where Deangelo's dad talks about his son.

If Deangelo was in the army would he be ready to take the bullet for his brothers-in-arms, if they didn't think like him and look like him? He should go play individual sports, or join the army to learn what a team means. If he doesn't learn this, he's not much value to a hockey team. I hope he does learn, there's too many people like him to just totally quit on them.

ha ha ha ha! watch this video. It's clearly the Flyers fault. They said so. His dad grew up in the "shadow of the spectrum"

Truly Amazing. They will blame Flyer teams of the past for anything

Im pretty sure Dave Schultz invented Covid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1