Game 10: Islanders at Flyers; 1/31/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

30 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Farabee probably reads my posts.  You're welcome.  

Hopefully Elliot and Braun read my post. Elliot, the first two goals you were  too far back , you were practically inside the net. Braun you suck, you caused the tying goal because you can’t skate and are washed up and now you are trying to give them the lead with that penalty. Hopefully you will be benched after this  horrible performance.

• Haha 1

Another ugly win. When will they stop letting teams back into the game??

Anyways Elliott is 3-0 this year has he found the fountain of youth???

At least they found a way to secure the second point. They have to get better in their won end.

It seems like a broken record every game this year. Worst 7-2-1 team in the NHL.

Tied with the Caps with 15 points the team they play next. Can't wait.

Get better guys....

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

I dunno, I thought this was the best game they've played against the Islanders in about 2 years.

There were stretches where our guys controlled the play the Islanders are not a ****** team so there were times where they controlled the play too. But, the Flyers were able to wrestle back the momentum which has been a problem against the Islanders.

I thought the boys forechecked pretty well, they defended pretty well, Elliott was good again. He never saw goal #1 and the 2 on 1 with Barzal and Lee...there isn't a goalie in the league looking forward to defending those two. 

That was some bad luck on the big miss from Robert Hagg who continues to uh, breathe air on the ice? I don't think he's been good this year, even when he's doing "his thing" he's been kind of bad.

I missed half of the first period. But I saw our guys forechecking and being strong on the puck, it certainly didn't look like the same slight of hand win that we saw on Saturday. This was a close game that our guys won- And they deserved it IMO.

They pay those other guys too, our division is quality. The Flyers beat a good team tonite.

All wins count, so I'll take it, and I think this game's process was a big step in the right direction. 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

We nearly squandered a hat trick and good-to-great performance in goal.  I am glad we won but something has to give on the 3rd D-pairing.   I don't know if it is bringing up Pulliot, ending the Morin wing experiment, or bringing in  "other," but it is no fun watching good performances going to waste.  We won't win overtimes like a Swiss watch. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Hopefully Elliot and Braun read my post. - - - Braun you suck, you caused the tying goal because you can’t skate - - - 

@RonJeremy

Whoa, my friend. Some of you guys are always easily targeting the two 3rd pairing defencemen Hagg and Braun. Often unfairly.

It has always been that way over the years. There is always a few players on the home team - our Flyers - that a group of fans like to vent on - - continually. Some people need to continually put others down - - as away to lift themselves.

And, these players that often are unfairly targeted are on our own team - - our Flyers! There is no negative posting on the opposition team - - but on our own team's players, continually. There is not 'posting of encouragment', when our players struggle, that they can pick-up their game, but hard critical posting that is often unreasonable and borders on hate.

On that tying goal that you referenced, I saw it differently, as many others probably did. I went back to confirm on my recording. And yup, the main failure was not Braun.

As braun chased down Anders Lee along the left boards and into the corner - below the line, and as Braun was on him where Lee could go no further, Lee got the pass off between Braun's stick and skate (a type of play that happens numerous times throughout a game with defencemen) to Barzal who was totally open, uncovered, coming down the middle. Why was he uncovered? As we saw in real time, Giroux, in the middle, got caught watching the play in the deep corner and Barzal skated right past him to get the wide-open shot.

But, as often happens, who does the group of negative posters target - - the player that is on this season's hate list. Totally unfairly in this case.

>> Hopefully Elliot and Braun read my post. - - - Braun you suck, you caused the tying goal because you can’t skate - - - <<.

Wow! Read my post. Who are you?

How you respond to this will tell us much about your character. Humble and wise? Or prideful and stupid?

I hope for the former, my friend, because you are also a very good poster - - outside of crap like this.

Zz

• Good Post 1

8 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Flyers are the worst best team tied for the league lead with 15 points.   /s

They’ve been outshot in 8 of 10 games. They are winning games when they aren’t playing their best.  I’ll take it.  Maybe this is an effect of not having any preseason games.  We are in for a treat if they start playing with a little more consistency and getting more shots.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I dunno, I thought this was the best game they've played against the Islanders in about 2 years

HA yeah well that isn't saying very much there.

They have to find a better 3rd defensive pair or it will continue to be exploited.

In eyes I would put Prosser in there.

And maybe Friedman but that wouldn't work because they are right shots.

So it feels like Braun on the books is dictating a spot down there.

Otherwise I go with Hagg and Friedman.

And sorry Gus isn't even an option to me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

HA yeah well that isn't saying very much there.

They have to find a better 3rd defensive pair or it will continue to be exploited.

In eyes I would put Prosser in there.

And maybe Friedman but that wouldn't work because they are right shots.

So it feels like Braun on the books is dictating a spot down there.

Otherwise I go with Hagg and Friedman.

And sorry Gus isn't even an option to me.

yesterday in chat you mentioned talking to the Rangers to see if they would take Braun for DeAngelo.  I’d be OK with that except the money doesn’t work.  DeAngelo has a $4.8mm cap hit.  Rangers would need to retain some of that and Flyers would have to send back some money.  Who would you suggest?

33 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

yesterday in chat you mentioned talking to the Rangers to see if they would take Braun for DeAngelo.  I’d be OK with that except the money doesn’t work.  DeAngelo has a $4.8mm cap hit.  Rangers would need to retain some of that and Flyers would have to send back some money.  Who would you suggest?

I'd send Gus back.  Yes, he's worthless and the Rags probably know it.  But he's something that isn't a cancer, and the entire league seems to have come to that conclusion regarding DeAngelo.

I don't send anything of value for DeAngelo. I get the impression that "cancer" isn't a grim enough assessment.

"Hey, I got leprosy and ebola. I can't believe I got them for nothing and some other jerk is paying for half of it!  I smurt!"

I know what skill he's tempting. It looks like two teams have already said "gotta try it. We'll fix the sociopathic vein."  Now two teams that have run--not walked--from him at likely a loss.

Middling prospect to the rangers for DeAngelo and a 4th and they retain half.   Best I'd do, but staying away is an even better idea.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

They’ve been outshot in 8 of 10 games. They are winning games when they aren’t playing their best.  I’ll take it.  Maybe this is an effect of not having any preseason games.  We are in for a treat if they start playing with a little more consistency and getting more shots.

That's the thing. good teams find ways to win even when they aren't playing their best. And clearly they aren't playing their best however we've seen it in flashes over the past two games. With Boston next this is where they could turn it around.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

That was more tongue in cheek and out of frustration I don't want that kid he is cancerous.

However I would love to acquire Montour.

But I'm sure Sabres don't want to trade him to the Flyers.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

That was more tongue in cheek and out of frustration I don't want that kid he is cancerous.

However I would love to acquire Montour.

But I'm sure Sabres don't want to trade him to the Flyers.

I like Montour. My hesitation has been (and continues to be) the pieces required to get it done.  The scales are tipping toward, "look into it!"

By the way, in New Jersey, I was willing to blame done of the horrible passing and bumblefkry on the ice.  But it's continuing.  Patrick in the third looked like he was Stephen Hawking playing badminton.

Still the symptoms of no preseason or what gives?  

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Still the symptoms of no preseason or what gives?  

I don't know what to say. 

No one had a preseason though.

Doesn’t seem to affect the opposition the same way.

So you tell me.

At some point we have to look at ourselves and say are we doing wrong what else can we do to improve...may even trying something new....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zzeke said:

@RonJeremy

Whoa, my friend. Some of you guys are always easily targeting the two 3rd pairing defencemen Hagg and Braun. Often unfairly.

It has always been that way over the years. There is always a few players on the home team - our Flyers - that a group of fans like to vent on - - continually. Some people need to continually put others down - - as away to lift themselves.

And, these players that often are unfairly targeted are on our own team - - our Flyers! There is no negative posting on the opposition team - - but on our own team's players, continually. There is not 'posting of encouragment', when our players struggle, that they can pick-up their game, but hard critical posting that is often unreasonable and borders on hate.

On that tying goal that you referenced, I saw it differently, as many others probably did. I went back to confirm on my recording. And yup, the main failure was not Braun.

As braun chased down Anders Lee along the left boards and into the corner - below the line, and as Braun was on him where Lee could go no further, Lee got the pass off between Braun's stick and skate (a type of play that happens numerous times throughout a game with defencemen) to Barzal who was totally open, uncovered, coming down the middle. Why was he uncovered? As we saw in real time, Giroux, in the middle, got caught watching the play in the deep corner and Barzal skated right past him to get the wide-open shot.

But, as often happens, who does the group of negative posters target - - the player that is on this season's hate list. Totally unfairly in this case.

>> Hopefully Elliot and Braun read my post. - - - Braun you suck, you caused the tying goal because you can’t skate - - - <<.

Wow! Read my post. Who are you?

How you respond to this will tell us much about your character. Humble and wise? Or prideful and stupid?

I hope for the former, my friend, because you are also a very good poster - - outside of crap like this.

Zz

Ok, I was a little harsh on Braun, but he is not struggling, I did not criticize a “struggling” player. Braun was bad last year and he is bad this year too. He is what he is, a slow defender who is at best a 7th dman. I know Giroux loafing on the play was more of a problem and Haag has to hit the net on that point shot, but I believe Braun is done and we need to find a replacement. Management knew he was done and had no intention of signing him until Niskanen retired. I don’t expect Bobby Orr plays from our third pair but we need to improve it .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

may even trying something new...

Like, nothing is going to explode if you keep the damn puck on your stick?

Patrick wasn't the only one, but he had a real keystone kops shift in the third in which he kept skating away without it.   It was comical had it been a movie.  Irritating because it was a freaking tied game late.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Patrick wasn't the only one, but he had a real keystone kops shift in the third in which he kept skating away without it.   It was comical had it been a movie.  Irritating because it was a freaking tied game late.

That was everyone on the ice at that time. I don't know what the condition of the ice was, choppy I think is what JJ said...but the islanders couldn't hang on it that time either. It was weird, and comical, except like you said it felt like an opportunity was lost because the puck wouldn't settle. j

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

No to DeAngelo.  

To reiterate...A BIG FAT F***ING NO!

21 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Patrick, from what I gather, is not having health issues but seems to need time for calibrating his game.  That was from one Inquirer post.  Hope that is correct. 

Guy hasn't played since April 2019...of anyone in the league Patrick deserves a pass til he shakes off rust.

• Like 4