Flyers Place Gostisbehere On Waivers

Digityman

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Here ya go: https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/shayne-gostisbehere#results

They save $600K and change over the next two years and then are on the hook for $333K for two more.

Yikes hell no....so they best option is to pick up 2 mill on his price tag to me.

9 minutes ago, radoran said:

And here we are on the other end of the spectrum...

Is Savard the new Hamhuis?

:thumbsu:

spitting up my drink ...... LOL ..now that is funny...at least Homer is not involved this time around.....

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

spitting up my drink ...... LOL ..now that is funny...at least Homer is not involved this time around.....

Put your drink down because the last time the Flyers overpaid for a guy to come in on an audition and then overpaid to keep him was...

Andrew MacDonald.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

As for not being involved, who's the guy in the E Suite with the power to fire GMs?

• Annoyed 1

8 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I'm not so sure about that. Holmgren is the Senior Advisor on the team.

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Put your drink down because the last time the Flyers overpaid for a guy to come in on an audition and then overpaid to keep him was...

Andrew MacDonald.

Now did you really have to go there?  I was having such a pleasant day until you brought up McDud.

At least after this year he officially comes off the books unlike Bryz ......

image.thumb.png.9d20d828766ff9fa67c97f0004530d4e.png

14 minutes ago, radoran said:

Andrew MacDonald.

I am not worried about this one bit i like Savard's game Mcdud couldn't hold his jock strap.

Ivan Provorov needs him.

• Like 2

Now it's clear - why Ghost was waived - needed flex for rest scratches, Taxi, and roster compliance. They expected that Ghost would not be taken.

Edited by Zzeke
  • Good Post 1

"Vigneault says that Gostisbehere sitting tonight for Gustafsson isn't performance-driven. It's because it was the only way from a roster standpoint to give Patrick and Lindblom the breaks that they think they need in order to recharge mentally & physically."

So the only way to get two forwards some time off is to play one defenceman rather than another.

don't care no GIF

15 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Patrick needs to be dealt elsewhere, not rested.

who the hell would take him without us tossing in second round picks for the next 3 years? he's basically damaged goods until proven otherwise, and his (understandably) underwhelming season isn't exactly kicking any GMs doors down, unless there's another "Cuck Fletcher" out there.

Edited by mkscrewy
meant "chuck fletcher" but this kinda works too haha
  • Haha 1

Why are you all so hard on Patrick?

Yeah he is having a bad year but name one Flyer player that isn't?

He's young he will get better in the right environment.

Keep him are let him become a star for another team, I say keep him.

• Like 4

Hey, how about fixing the locker room? 

I've never seen a team have so many promising young players ALL go down the drain in half a season. It's like voodoo and witchcraft and Luminas all aligned with Walter Summerfords luck.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

8 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Hey, how about fixing the locker room? 

I've never seen a team have so many promising young players ALL go down the drain in half a season. It's like voodoo and witchcraft and Luminas all aligned with Walter Summerfords luck.

You aren't wrong, the Flyers problems go way deeper than players IMO. I think the problem lies with management and coaching, yes I know I'm alone in thinking this and I will stop harping on this point of view.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fizz said:

You aren't wrong, the Flyers problems go way deeper than players IMO. I think the problem lies with management and coaching, yes I know I'm alone in thinking this and I will stop harping on this point of view.

And most importantly , a lack of leadership from the supposed leaders in the locker room, who have done nothing to help the young guys develop or instill a winning attitude. G and Jake are not leaders, never have been and never will. One assistant captain can be a quiet leader, but the Captain has to be  the most assertive guy in the locker room. G and Jake are hiding in the locker room ,like Joe Biden hiding in his basement,while the kids answer questions from the media. The only difference is they are not given the questions ahead of time. They have run their course in Philadelphia.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

41 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Why are you all so hard on Patrick?

Yeah he is having a bad year but name one Flyer player that isn't?

He's young he will get better in the right environment.

Keep him are let him become a star for another team, I say keep him.

I'll bet a crapload of salsa that flyercanuck's wife made, that Patrick will never approach star status. He will be lucky to play in the NHL another 5 years.

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I'll bet a crapload of salsa that flyercanuck's wife made, that Patrick will never approach star status. He will be lucky to play in the NHL another 5 years.

Leave my salsa and Britney alone!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

You beat me to it.

You guys should be nice.  This was @CoachX's screen name on that board.   Probably didn't know that, didja?

Oh, HELL NO YOU DIDNT!

I hated that little jackass. I was seriously going to hunt him down and shove his head up a chickins ass

just hearing his name makes me 🤬

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I would take that bet, but I don't like salsa. I seen the kid play in junior. He's got game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fizz said:

I would take that bet, but I don't like salsa. I seen the kid play in junior. He's got game.

I had game too, I made out with alotta chicks in junior high, once I hit high school it was a different story.