Dale Weise takes shots at Flyers leadership

FD19372

14 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I think he is a bad player. He's got too much Petr Nedved in him w/out the goal-scoring. That's why I call him the poster boy for the JVR fan club. He floats about 80% of his shifts, just drifts, stays away from the play. The other 20% I see a good player, a strong guy on the puck no doubt. It's just that, like JVR, it only happens once a week if that.

It's funny (ok sad) that most of the NHL saw this in him...yet our management thought "Hey, lets give him an offer he can't refuse!"

• Good Post 1

20 hours ago, radoran said:

After Hamilton (who I don't know fills the Flyers "need") I just don't see the "game changer" on D in this list

So go after Ekholm. He can be your Kimmo type move. He can be a game changer i think.

Physically and with the puck. Guy brings some size and toughness. He checks all the boxes to me.

Kimmo came over at 32 and put in 6 good seasons...i think he can  too.

But you have to convince the Preds. That will make some run away. I get it. Ya got to pay to play.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

It's funny (ok sad) that most of the NHL saw this in him...yet our management thought "Hey, lets give him an offer he can't refuse!"

It is sad. Before I looked it up I figured he was about a 0.75 PPG player. It's actually 0.6. Hayes and his agent must've laughed themselves silly that day. "You just signed a contract for FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS!" Over $7mil a year and he does nothing consistently well, nothing.

remember this is before av got hired:https://overtimetkro.wordpress.com/2017/01/15/why-isnt-claude-giroux-scoring/

like the av haters are making this like it's a new thing with giroux and jake, it's been like this before av got hired like for the life of me why are they are ignoring these issues with them heck why is the philly media not throwing them under the bus? they are like the most frustrating players i ever watched in flyers hockey, they do nothing, we loose games because of them but they get free passes by media and the av haters like it's ok to play this way. it's mind blogging.

7 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

They "needed a 2C" and he was "best available" so they gave him $50M. He also "knew AV's system" and so could help.implement it.

I believe at the time there was also talk that the Flyers would need to overpay him to come here.

Mission accomplished.

Honestly he looked good last season. I wasn't really concerned with Y1-3 but more about 4-7.

And here we are in Y2...

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Uggh... 1

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So go after Ekholm. He can be your Kimmo type move. He can be a game changer i think.

I think your next bite at the Ekholm apple is next year's trade deadline - assuming the Preds are out of it.

Or you are giving up some significant young pieces and taking back Duchene or Johansson.

Speaking of the Preds, talk about a team building around two lackluster $8M players...

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Or you are giving up some significant young pieces and taking back Duchene or Johansson.

And no the plan is to take place at the draft or later in the offseason.

And also NOT to take back one of the those contracts.

We'll delve more into this once the season is over.

He'd be my target....

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

He'd be my target....

I'm not at all against the target.

I'm questioning the availability.

If the Flyers were the Preds and had Ekholm what does it take you to deal him?

12 hours ago, radoran said:

If the Flyers were the Preds and had Ekholm what does it take you to deal him?

It will take more than Laughton and Hagg that is for sure.

I would move this year's pick in the package. 

A key defensive prospect would start the ball rolling...without names i can't go further.

But if they want to go the safe route with like a Savard i understand.

I really hope moving Jake is a big goal...i would prefer this than a huge trade for a defenseman i can't lie. I can not watch another year of Jake on this team. Can't do it.

I would tolerate another year of Giroux as long as long as Jake is gone.

I want that to be the shot across his bow. That if he doesn't bring it this upcoming year i want him gone in a deadline deal.

Before a trade upgrade after expansion draft.

28 Claude Giroux -14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
86 Joel Farabee - 13 Kevin Hayes - 17 Wade Allison
21 Scott Laughton - 48 Morgan Frost - 23 Oskar Lindblom
24 Tanner Laczynski - 19 Nolan Patrick - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - 58 David Savard
6 Travis Sanheim - 5 Phil Myers
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 55 Sam Morin

6 Robert Hägg

79 Carter Hart
???????????

It would be done but i like the change so far. No one wake me. I hope 5 years would land Savard.

I went safer with him because fickle Philly fans wouldn't be happy i think with Doug H.

I would be willing to pick up salary on Ghost maybe to move him. And it is time to find another backup goalie.

Would Halak come to Philly?? Or how about Laurent Brossoit. Johnathan Bernier?

I am concerned about size in net though and Halak and Bernier are on the smaller side.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

It will take more than Laughton and Hagg that is for sure.

I would move this year's pick in the package. 

A key defensive prospect would start the ball rolling...without names i can't go further.

But if they want to go the safe route with like a Savard i understand.

I really hope moving Jake is a big goal...i would prefer this than a huge trade for a defenseman i can't lie. I can not watch another year of Jake on this team. Can't do it.

I would tolerate another year of Giroux as long as long as Jake is gone.

I want that to be the shot across his bow. That if he doesn't bring it this upcoming year i want him gone in a deadline deal.

Before a trade upgrade after expansion draft.

28 Claude Giroux -14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
86 Joel Farabee - 13 Kevin Hayes - 17 Wade Allison
21 Scott Laughton - 48 Morgan Frost - 23 Oskar Lindblom
24 Tanner Laczynski - 19 Nolan Patrick - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - 58 David Savard
6 Travis Sanheim - 5 Phil Myers
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 55 Sam Morin

6 Robert Hägg

79 Carter Hart
???????????

It would be done but i like the change so far. No one wake me. I hope 5 years would land Savard.

I went safer with him because fickle Philly fans wouldn't be happy i think with Doug H.

I would be willing to pick up salary on Ghost maybe to move him. And it is time to find another backup goalie.

Would Halak come to Philly?? Or how about Laurent Brossoit. Johnathan Bernier?

I am concerned about size in net though and Halak and Bernier are on the smaller side.

Halak is too old, though still very good. I want a younger backup.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Brossoit. 28. Young enough.

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm....why not?

He's been very good for the Jets right from the start imho. Pretty consistent despite limited minutes and fewer starts than most backups. Could do much worse for more money. I'm assuming the Jets try to resign again, assuming they can afford him still. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 11:15 AM, CoachX said:

I said current and former, but I put an "s" meaning several current

I didn't understand this. Thanks for clarifying.

I clearly took it to mean there were other former Flyers saying things.

all good

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I didn't understand this. Thanks for clarifying.

I clearly took it to mean there were other former Flyers saying things.

all good

what do you think about these d pairings for next season

provy-ellis

martinez-myers

sanaheim-montour

• Like 1

I like Montour, I think one of Martinez or Ellis would be enough. 

I would like some $ to go to signing a tough kid with some skill/speed for the top 9

Flyer4ever likes Sam Bennett, I'd like a kid like Clayton Keller or the system's Noah Cates...but a kid with some toughness and smarts.

So one less vet on defense. 

11 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I like Montour, I think one of Martinez or Ellis would be enough. 

I would like some $ to go to signing a tough kid with some skill/speed for the top 9

Flyer4ever likes Sam Bennett, I'd like a kid like Clayton Keller or the system's Noah Cates...but a kid with some toughness and smarts.

So one less vet on defense. 

i like to add if zamula and york pan out that makes myers and sanaheim expendable maybe trade them for a winger and depending on the cost of the winger we get back, we may have enough cap for 3 defenseman and another winger.

Edited by tucson83

12 hours ago, tucson83 said:

what do you think about these d pairings for next season

provy-ellis

martinez-myers

sanaheim-montour

What did you give up to get Ellis?

And I would be good with Martinez and Montour too. Ellis ain't cheap.

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

What did you give up to get Ellis?

And I would be good with Martinez and Montour too. Ellis ain't cheap.

probably would either jake or jvr in it and probably sanheim as well to replace ellis and probably take a winger from them too. i dont know their cap situation though. im just guessing right now.

Edited by tucson83

I think the Flyers need to save some $$$$$ for a legitimate finisher that loves to shoot and doesn’t understand the meaning of the word pass. 

I can’t remember the last time the Flyers had a true sniper. 

Edited by Samifan