Game 24: Flyers at Devils; 12/8/21 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

14 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I guess it’s official the Flyers are the Laughingstock of the NHL now. 

NOW????

This team just put a mediocre player, it's worst coach, and a terrible GM into their Hall of Fame.

That, after enshrining a guy who is a legend for ANOTHER FRANCHISE.

This team is discovering new ways to be mocked on a monthly? Weekly? Daily? Basis...

• Like 1

I recall Nittymaki beating Atlanta 17 in a row. Blackwood is channeling Nitty. 

This was a team sleepwalk.  Maybe the poor play is good. Management has zero out a chunk of players over the next year. 

Edited by Howie58

Well there's our first ten in a row losing streak. The Devils have won two games of their last eight. Both wins are against the Flyers. 

Somehow, in his three short years in Philly, Fletch has managed to turn them into the worst team in the NHL while trading assets to go for it, and, turn the farm into the worst in the AHL. Both at the same time!

But hey, at least this collection of players has each others backs and won't give up. Fletch got rid of all those guys. And brought in this great leadership group. :hithead:

• Like 1

Keith Jones was as glum-a-looking person as I've seen in since Mckayla Mulroney won the silver during the post-game show last night.

If it wasn't because my favorite hockey team looked so terrible it would be funny. 

He was morose, had zero answers, couldn't really come up with anything remotely positive to say. There was nothing.

That must have been a dreadful effort. I was watching Hawkeye, which is pretty fun when it was over I saw the 6 on 5 futility and stayed to watch the post game, which was like a funeral.

Where's Phil Jackson's sage burning hippie buddy?

The team doesn't just need rebuilt it needs an exorcism. 

• Like 1

I watched the first period last night, that's all I could muster.

Just absolutely defeated. To a man. The body language. It was like watching a group of POWs shuffle around a compound unable to look up from the sh!t stained ground.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, FD19372 said:

So, it’s not Vigneault??Home Alone Reaction GIF by Freeform

No it's losing Jake...

...he was the glue that held this team together and kept them in the running and look now that he is gone they can't score.

See when he was here he kept them passing passing and then passing.

And now we know why...all along it was because they couldn't hit the backside of a barn with a school bus....

...Jake should have been given the C.

And now it's too late he gone...

• Haha 2
  • Uggh... 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

No it's losing Jake...

...he was the glue that held this team together and kept them in the running and look now that he is gone they can't score.

See when he was here he kept them passing passing and then passing.

And now we know why...all along it was because they couldn't hit the backside of a barn with a school bus....

...Jake should have been given the C.

And now it's too late he gone...

It's unbelievable that a team that looked so lost and rudderless a year ago could be transformed, after trading away a bunch of valuable draft picks, into something way older and more useless than before.

I honestly didn't think Fletcher could make them any worse than they were...but godammit if he didn't do just that! He definitely deserves Flyers Hall of Fame for this.

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 1

7 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I watched the first period last night, that's all I could muster.

What you saw was a tremendous, outstanding effort from the Flyers. For real. Compared to the 2nd and 3rd that is.

sad but true. Mercer skated by 4 Flyers and the barely waved a stick at him. He blasts Hart from about 4 feet away and to his credit Hart ate it up then slapped the puck into the corner in disgust.*

*actually Hart did this later in the game on yet another wide open, uncontested, point-blank blast. It was a clear "F.U.!" to the skaters and was good to see. Unfortunately it was the only life the Flyers showed all night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GratefulFlyers said:

What you saw was a tremendous, outstanding effort from the Flyers. For real. Compared to the 2nd and 3rd that is.

sad but true. Mercer skated by 4 Flyers and the barely waved a stick at him. He blasts Hart from about 4 feet away and to his credit Hart ate it up then slapped the puck into the corner in disgust.*

*actually Hart did this later in the game on yet another wide open, uncontested, point-blank blast. It was a clear "F.U.!" to the skaters and was good to see. Unfortunately it was the only life the Flyers showed all night.

If the Flyers ruin Carter Hart, which they are well on their way to doing, immma gonna have to hang up the orange and black blades for good. 

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

16 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

It's unbelievable that a team that looked so lost and rudderless a year ago could be transformed, after trading away a bunch of valuable draft picks, into something way older and more useless than before.

I honestly didn't think Fletcher could make them any worse than they were...but godammit if he didn't do just that! He definitely deserves Flyers Hall of Fame for this.

Well I won't speak for anyone else but if I could go back and undo only one move this past offseason I would have to say it would be Risto.

I am good with the trading Ghost since he was never going to be given a chance here anyways since they wanted him to play a way he didn't want to play.

But I would pass on trading for Risto.

And I know many here said it was a bad move I understand from the get go but I just needed to see for myself.

And I don't think he is Erik Gustafsson bad he just to me when I glance at what he makes is already over paid.

So I would really love for Chuckles to say move him ASAP to anywhere for at least a 2nd back yeah I know it is a reach but I try still.

The rest of the moves I am ok with.

Atkinson will stay I expect (but will listen to offers on everyone on this team).

But guys one the move will more likely be Brassard, Thompson, Yandle and Braun.

So if anything that could be 5 draft picks coming back this year. Is it asking a lot and pushing it - sure but I am holding out hope.

I have never seen a team go so bad so quick as long as I have been watching hockey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

If the Flyers ruin Carter Hart, which they are well on their way to doing, immma gonna have to hang up the orange and black blades for good. 

I'm with you.

No really.

I will become a Canes fan like should have been since I live down here...

• Like 1

Just now, Podein25 said:

I use the UGH! face because I agree completely and I only wish it was funny but it's not it's sad.

3 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I use the UGH! face because I agree completely and I only wish it was funny but it's not it's sad.

It is. Incredibly sad. I've been a Flyer fan since 1972. I drive an orange car for chrissake.

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Atkinson will stay I expect (but will listen to offers on everyone on this team).

Oh I expect Atkinson to stay...he has THREE goals in his last 20 games. He fits right in to this s***show. Plus Hayesee's buddy. Likely get an extension.

But guys one the move will more likely be Brassard, Thompson, Yandle and Braun.

So if anything that could be 5 draft picks coming back this year. Is it asking a lot and pushing it - sure but I am holding out hope.

5 draft picks coming IN for that slop? You do recall what ol' Fletch swindled out of the 'Yotes for Ghost right? Or how he shook down Buffalo for Risto? I see 5 draft picks going out if anything. 

I have never seen a team go so bad so quick as long as I have been watching hockey.

It's a Christmas miracle.

• Like 2