Game 24: Flyers at Devils; 12/8/21 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

New Jersey is the mild favorite (-128).  It looks like Hart versus Blackwood between the pipes.

Blackwood is a true Flyer Killer: 7-0-2 in nine starts with a 2.30 GA:

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/mackenzie-blackwood-vs-flyers

This is Game 2 of the Yeo Era.  Will it Matter? 

Edited by Howie58

i could very easily go to this game on my way home from the city. in fact i've been looking forward to it for months. great stadium, cheap tickets, Dinosaur BBQ and beerhall right next door. But the flyers ****** suck and it would ruin my night.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

i could very easily go to this game on my way home from the city. in fact i've been looking forward to it for months. great stadium, cheap tickets, Dinosaur BBQ and beerhall right next door. But the flyers ****** suck and it would ruin my night.

You could bring a sign.... let's make it 10?    

2 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

Yeah, but that mac & cheese... wgaf about the Flyers when there's that kind of barbeque being thrown down?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

If you just ignore the "Welcome to Newark - Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here" signs at the entrance you'll be fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I have two holiday parties tomorrow and wonder about being home to watch. But do I really want to watch?  

Questions you know the answer to- you don't need to ask, right?

Have a good time holiday-ing out, we'll hold down the Flyers plot in the forsaken pit of despair for you.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow I would have thought Giroux could take the 2nd line center spot and let Hayes have the 3rd one but what do I know.

Well the Flyers are more likely to score shorthanded goals so Giroux on the pk makes sense…….🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow I would have thought Giroux could take the 2nd line center spot and let Hayes have the 3rd one but what do I know.

Why would Yeo want a centre with 21 points and a 61% faceoff win percentage when he could have a guy with 4 points and a 42% faceoff win percentage? :thumbsu:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

Why would Yeo want a centre with 21 points and a 61% faceoff win percentage when he could have a guy with 4 points and a 42% faceoff win percentage? :thumbsu:

Flyers logic. That's why.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Digityman said:

image.png.f25ef34948a4d2442bc45f7849f05c66.png

From the morning skate ....

So The Captain is relegated to the third line?  That's just great.  On second thought, why even dress him?  Yet, the second line features two natural centers.  Yup!  That's it!  Our new coach finally figured out the way to make all this work!!!! Yeeeeeeeey!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Prolly more than Fletcher. That's why you're not GM