Flyers Looking at Nash?

Guest OH1FlyersFan

Have you guys seen this yet?

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2012/02/nash-responds.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/report-rick-nash-trading-block-rangers-ready-pounce-044016053.html;_ylt=ApO5jOKeaz1_ouINjDOKKqt7vLYF

Looks like the Jackets may be getting ready to hold a fire sale. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!! Everything must go.

Apparently the Rangers are interested. Pittsburgh too. And Yahoo is reporting that Bluejackets GM Howson met with Holmgren. Hopefully that wasn't about Jeff Carter - the article refers to his trade to the Jackets as a cancerous mistake. Which sums it up nicely.

Anyway, I hope the Flyers aren't looking at Nash. At one point maybe, but not now. We have a lot of great young talent and I don't see a place for Nash. Let's develop who we already have. They're coming along really well and should be encouraged to continue on that pace. Focus on the defense. That's where we should be looking to add talent.

Have you guys seen this yet?

http://www.bluejacke...h-responds.html

http://sports.yahoo....uINjDOKKqt7vLYF

Looks like the Jackets may be getting ready to hold a fire sale. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!! Everything must go.

Apparently the Rangers are interested. Pittsburgh too. And Yahoo is reporting that Bluejackets GM Howson met with Holmgren. Hopefully that wasn't about Jeff Carter - the article refers to his trade to the Jackets as a cancerous mistake. Which sums it up nicely.

Anyway, I hope the Flyers aren't looking at Nash. At one point maybe, but not now. We have a lot of great young talent and I don't see a place for Nash. Let's develop who we already have. They're coming along really well and should be encouraged to continue on that pace. Focus on the defense. That's where we should be looking to add talent.

As badly as the Flyers need defense, I don't see Jagr lasting in the playoffs. I also don't see Jagr extending his career much past next season. And let's face it, he's a skating turnover factory. He's not nearly as quick as he once was. I think Nash and Giroux would be devestating. If I'm Homer and have a chance to grab Nash and wait till summer to sign a topnotch D'Man, I do it.

Carter and Nash for JVR and Voracek, just an idea, I would not do it, but Homer may be

And how do you get under the cap?

I would trade for Nash if Homer was able to convince Howson that he's getting a Godfather offer when we're really offering a modest deal, but unless Howson's even dumber than the Carter trade made him look, and we find some way to fit Nash into our salary structure, we're not going to be able to swing this.

Honestly, none of Briere, Hartnell, Timonen, Pronger, or Bryzgalov would accept a deal to Columbus, so I don't even know how we could offer them a deal that would leave us cap compliant.

EDIT: and it might be irrelevant, anyway. Eklund (yeah, yeah, I know) just posted something about Nash to the Kings for Bernier, Penner, and prospects, said it "looks done," which is likely code for "Hay, guiz, look what I thoughted up!" but you never know.

Edited by dilbert719

Oh,Oh,Payback for the Jeff Carter debacle! If Nash can't do it in Colombus,you know the rest of the story. The only way the Flyers could handle that salary is for Homer and Coatsie to take turns running the Zamboni at the WF center. Umberger would be an interesting consideration,but that doesn't help with the defense. Avoid the hype guys:Remember the good ship Bryzo!!!!

Darren Dreger lists Flyers, Rangers, and Kings on Nash's short list.

Must mean that Carter hasn't slammed Philly too too much ';) Or maybe he talked up Sea Isle.

PS - The crazy thing is that I'm not from Philly, never been to Philly (except for driving through), but know about the areas of Philly.

Its funny how Nashville thought they had the missing center for Nash. Did their scouts ever watch a Flyers game? Carter NEVER passes the puck and has ZERO playmaking ability. How the hell was this gonna help Nash? You couldnt have asked for a worse fit. Now they say Calgary wants Carter, can you imagine? He thought he was in hell, in Columbus, whats he gonna think of Calgary, the only place worse would be Winnipeg, Richards is out in LA, great weather ,good team, hot chicks everywhere, nightlife. Carter is stuck in Columbus and soon the be Calgary. The guy may kill himself.

Darren Dreger lists Flyers, Rangers, and Kings on Nash's short list.

Must mean that Carter hasn't slammed Philly too too much ' ;) Or maybe he talked up Sea Isle.

PS - The crazy thing is that I'm not from Philly, never been to Philly (except for driving through), but know about the areas of Philly.

Carter might told him about Temple crazy parties and Harts crazy hair is like a magnet for....... So Nash is all over it.

@JackStraw

"if the Flyers got Voracek and the 8th overall pick for Carter, what Columbus could get for Nash is almost inconceivable."

How about Voracek and the 8th round pick?

Seriously, love Nash, but we can't afford him. Love the steal we made. Carter is going to go to another team and put up his 30-40 goals and 280 shots. Its all well and good. I will take Voracek AND Coots 7 days a week and twice on sunday for carter.

Must mean that Carter hasn't slammed Philly too too much ' Or maybe he talked up Sea Isle.

I think everyone on that team could understand why Jeff was bent and that it had more to do with loving the Flyers than having anything bad to say about them. If anything I'd view it as a testament to how good it is to be with a club like the Flyers.

speaking of sea isle, who were the guys from Columbus who went to Sea Isle to fetch Jeff? I forget

Did their scouts ever watch a Flyers game

That's exactly what I've been telling all my Blue Jackets friends. Somebody did some lousy scouting. In this Hockey News article, the Flyers aren't mentioned at all. And I'm not sure I agree with the premise. If Columbus isn't careful, or if they try to get too greedy, why would anyone bite at all? I can't see Boston gutting their team (maybe an overstatement, but still) to pick up Nash. Or anyone else for that matter. The Jackets need to retool more desparately than the Rangers or Bruins. They could price Nash right out of a trade. If they are looking to trade him.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/44827-Kennedy-Rick-Nash-trade-requires-immense-return.html