The Flyers get A "Gentlemen's" D-

radoran

• radoran changed the title to The Flyers get A "Gentlemen's" D-
7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I too was thinking that the D- was generous.

The 96% less confidence should have alarm bells ringing at the ol' Big Bank Building.

Across the board the fans think less of the team than the general public...

Instead, we have this press conference from Chuck Fletcher

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

pretty much what we all expected. A D- should carry more weight to it than a F IMO. It shows (to me) they really looked at everything before they said "well this ****** sucks." An F to me would have made me think they just blew it off because it's not worth reviewing, which it is.

I also expect to see this grade for another couple seasons before Fletcher is gone.

• Like 3

On 8/18/2022 at 11:37 AM, radoran said:

The 96% less confidence should have alarm bells ringing at the ol' Big Bank Building.

Across the board the fans think less of the team than the general public...

Instead, we have this press conference from Chuck Fletcher

I give them Zero point Zero

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Puck_Pun said:

194727.jpg

Ya Know..... I can really appreciate the fact that as a Simpson's fan from Australia,  you used the little Australian boy from the episode were Bart goes down under to see if toilets actually flush counter-clockwise down there, as your avatar!!.... Hysterical and well played sir.

(Also, do they actually flush counter clock-wise?!?.....)

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

I haven't posted for awhile; best wishes to the gang.

Here is a complementary piece:

https://southphillyreview.com/2022/08/17/uphill-climb-for-flyers-in-metropolitan-division/

I agree with the assessment.  Our competition in an already stiff division has gotten tougher.  Will we make a marginal improvement and "be tougher to play against?"  Yeah, but I doubt we play .500 hockey.  We really are a squad in disarray.  The Tortorella signing is OK but he won't have very good clay to mold. My biggest hope for the season: The young players begin to gel post-Black Friday and the squad is more competitive and fun to watch.  But I suspect the first 25-30 games will have lots of line experimentation and learning curve.  

• Like 2

On 8/21/2022 at 1:01 AM, MaineFlyFan said:

Ya Know..... I can really appreciate the fact that as a Simpson's fan from Australia,  you used the little Australian boy from the episode were Bart goes down under to see if toilets actually flush counter-clockwise down there, as your avatar!!.... Hysterical and well played sir.

(Also, do they actually flush counter clock-wise?!?.....)

OT yeah, but small amounts of water like that in a toilet aren't enough to be affected by the Coriolis effect. Toilets here also have far less water sitting in the bowl than in the US

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh lord tell me you're not a flat earther...

🤦‍♂️

HaHa!! Obviously, your not a meteorologist.... ;)

(The Coriolis effect is due to the earth being round and spinning on it's axis.... OR in layman's terms: "an effect whereby a mass moving in a rotating system experiences a force (the Coriolis force ) acting perpendicular to the direction of motion and to the axis of rotation"

ALRIGHT.... back to crapping on the Flyers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Total disconnect between management and the Flyer fans. By far, worst it has ever been. They simply could not give a rats ass what we think. 

2 key words in your post. Ass, and think. Flyer hockey ops have lots of one, none of the other.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

(The Coriolis effect is due to the earth being round and spinning on it's axis.... OR in layman's terms: "an effect whereby a mass moving in a rotating system experiences a force (the Coriolis force ) acting perpendicular to the direction of motion and to the axis of rotation"

Yes.

Not one for sure.

But I am referring to what their excuses is on when someone tells them that snipers have to account for the curvature of the earth when aiming at their intened target.

They quote that (Coriolis force) as the excuse for the rotation of the bullet and it's spinning once it exits the barrel.

I can't remember all of their excuse just the mentioning it's affect on the bullet and it axis of rotation.

A bunch of re re's is what they are.

When I am at work I watch a lot of the discussion on Tik tok. It's hilarious.

I'm not proud of it but I am work and you can only watch so much YouTube.

There are many of them and it is scary.

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Total disconnect between management and the Flyer fans. By far, worst it has ever been. They simply could not give a rats ass what we think. 

I'd say their track record of success speaks for itself.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

i think JVR's head is in a constant Coriolis effect.....the fact that its shaped like a broken wiffleball is beside the point

• Haha 2

I have a hard time doing anything but laugh about JVR. He's a modern day Jerry Falwell. You give me your money, I will give you absolutely nothing in return. It's amazing to me how him and his agent have bamboozled the Flyers. And then we see the Nic Deslaurier contract and we figure it all out.

Just now, flyer4ever said:

I have a hard time doing anything but laugh about JVR. He's a modern day Jerry Falwell. You give me your money, I will give you absolutely nothing in return. It's amazing to me how him and his agent have bamboozled the Flyers. And then we see the Nic Deslaurier contract and we figure it all out.

I'll take 6 NDs over 1 JVR anyday

JVR will score 15 goals after the trade deadline, and Dave Scott will say, "See? This is why we had to keep him.... Why should we have traded him for a pick? Yes, we're not going to make the playoffs again this year, but he helped us win some games in the back end and 20 goals in a season isn't too bad... I wonder how Gerry Mayhew is doing..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

15 goals after the trade deadline

Causing them to win 5 more meaningless games, in return knocking them from the number 1 worst overall record back to the 7th pick in the daft....I just know it.

:beer:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Causing them to win 5 more meaningless games, in return knocking them from the number 1 worst overall record back to the 7th pick in the daft....I just know it.

:beer:

Showing signs of moving in the right direction they decide to keep the chemistry they have and extend JVR for six years at a team-friendly $3.5M.

And... Scene.

page hearts GIF

• Haha 3
  • Good Post 1

40 minutes ago, radoran said:

Showing signs of moving in the right direction they decide to keep the chemistry they have and extend JVR for six years at a team-friendly $3.5M.

And... Scene.

page hearts GIF

I see JVR doing his best Cinderella imitation 😁

• Haha 1