Is Fletcher close to being fired?

Fizz

TDL day with the chucktard is like going to the dentist with a toothache. You are both excited for the pain to be gone but dreading the process as well. There is ZERO reasons to anticipate a good move being made, because it has never happened with this moron.

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

TDL day with the chucktard is like going to the dentist with a toothache. You are both excited for the pain to be gone but dreading the process as well. There is ZERO reasons to anticipate a good move being made, because it has never happened with this moron.

usually with Fletcher no move is the best move he can make. 

Maybe his bosses told him that his days are numbered in Philly so they’re keeping his hands off the Flyers. But that would be too good to be true.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

usually with Fletcher no move is the best move he can make. 

Maybe his bosses told him that his days are numbered in Philly so they’re keeping his hands off the Flyers. But that would be too good to be true.

That maybe the case but the bosses should tell him to at least get rid of JVR and Hayes.

I can't believe I just witnessed that trade deadline and the presser after. That couldnt have gone any worse.

Just a few things I picked up from the press conference:

Either he is completely lying, or he completely threw JVR under the bus. He kept saying that they offered to retain half the salary and take on another contract to make it work. Yet nobody would take a big skilled net front presence like JVR? That's almost impossible. 

His final statement he mentioned that they need more talent, but they didn't go after talent in the off-season because they had concerns about the team and they wanted to give the young guys a shot. What does that even mean??? Is he saying they knew they would suck, so the didn't get JG, and they wanted their young guys to play and lose? But then he hires probably the only coach in the league that won't let his players be bad enough to lose enough.

The whole thing is just amusing. 

2 hours ago, icehole said:

Either he is completely lying, or he completely threw JVR under the bus. He kept saying that they offered to retain half the salary and take on another contract to make it work. Yet nobody would take a big skilled net front presence like JVR? That's almost impossible. 

The rest of the league is happy as hell watching the Flyers twist in the breeze.

They are loving it.

The fact they get to screw over Fletcher is a bonus.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vis said:

There is no reason to keep this buffoon around.  Should be fired immediately.  

Well believe it or not there was actually one to keep the ship headed towards land to run it aground for Bedard.

But even Chuckles fcuked that up too because he can't even tank right!!!!

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well believe it or not there was actually one to keep the ship headed towards land to run it aground for Bedard.

But even Chuckles fcuked that up too because he can't even tank right!!!!

I love Torts, but you knew he was going to get more out this roster than a dead last record.  That said, Fletcher should have gutted the roster once he knew Couturier and Atkinson were going to miss the seasons.  Any semblance of value should have been traded at any point during the season.  Christ, Hayes is having a statistically good season for himself.  But should not be part of the long term solution here.  Should have been traded and salary retained.  Collect picks in this years draft, whatever it takes.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, vis said:

I love Torts, but you knew he was going to get more out this roster than a dead last record.  That said, Fletcher should have gutted the roster once he knew Couturier and Atkinson were going to miss the seasons.  Any semblance of value should have been traded at any point during the season.  Christ, Hayes is having a statistically good season for himself.  But should not be part of the long term solution here.  Should have been traded and salary retained.  Collect picks in this years draft, whatever it takes.  

Further evidence of his incompetence.

Ok that is nice you have to move someone so the 5th now is going to at least cost you a 3rd or 4th you don't get extra just because you're in a bin.

But nope he does then a favor for free.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Further evidence of his incompetence.

Ok that is nice you have to move someone so the 5th now is going to at least cost you a 3rd or 4th you don't get extra just because you're in a bin.

But nope he does then a favor for free.

And brings in, yet another douchebag.

• Good Post 2

1 hour ago, vis said:

But should not be part of the long term solution here.  

Is anyone "part of a solution" in the next 3-4 years?

I would be hard pressed to agree.

The idea "Nick Seeler" is an important piece - or even "Laughts" for that matter - is laughable.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Someday I'll get tired of repeating that no one on the roster today will be on the roster when the team is finally good again.  That day is not today.

The amazing part is it doesn't get less true no matter how many times you repeat it.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

A 20 game audition? He's been in the league SEVEN years....why judge him on that though...let 20 games decide whether you're going to give him a longterm contract at stupid money. I mean it worked out so well with Hayes and Ristolainen.

He played 4 years with the Barrie Colts...I'm usually a little biased when it comes to Colts...I want nothing to do with him.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1
  • Uggh... 1

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

..I'm usually a little biased when it comes to Colts...I want nothing to do with him.

Yeah, that's only because he's a douche and sucks at hockey. Otherwise...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Good for him. Eff this dude fire him!!!

Way to go, O'Connor.  Love me some uncomfortable television!

Good thing my local news comes from Wilkes-Barre. I get all the uncomfortable television a guy could ask for!

• Good Post 1