whom had enough of watching these Flyers?

phlfly

I mean, listen since Philly inquire time to today is like 20 years plus, and I have seen a lot, but i have not seen when a NHL defenseman could not keep a puck at blue line or Flyers team could not make 3 complete passes on PP!!!? 

I think that is peak of the worse ever players in Flyers uniform. Players should be shame to wear NHL jersey, they should all quit now. 

The GM is ****** idiot that assembled a AAA players (at best) into NHL team, and twice f... idiot. 

My son plays more patient game than this millions dollars ****ers. 

NHL should move Flyers into second div, like its going in Soccer league. 

It's time when Flyers are shame to wear FLYERS uniform.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, phlfly said:

It's time when Flyers are shame to wear FLYERS uniform

Good post.

I have to agree at what point do you become actually embarrassed and worried about tarnishing the team legacy?

Snider has to be rolling over in his grave.

• Like 1

I wonder if the hockey ops even know the world junior tournament is happening. They would have little interest. If there was a tournament going on with broken down 30 year olds with core injuries they would send the entire scouting staff with a brief case full of 7 year NMC contracts, because anything can happen when your MOP is anything can happen. The chucktard has further crippled the Flyers, and the idiots who hired him and have failed to fire him are off the charts low IQ buffoons. 

42 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

I wonder if the hockey ops even know the world junior tournament is happening. They would have little interest. If there was a tournament going on with broken down 30 year olds with core injuries they would send the entire scouting staff with a brief case full of 7 year NMC contracts, because anything can happen when your MOP is anything can happen. The chucktard has further crippled the Flyers, and the idiots who hired him and have failed to fire him are off the charts low IQ buffoons.

this is a wonderful post.

I laughed and laughed and laughed.

What would that tournament be called?

The World Series of Stiffs?

Now I am sad.

4 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Agreed. I also miss Jon Sim.

I'm serious, though.   Keith Allen was the best GM and senior leadership the Flyers had and architect of two cups.   He was GM until '83.  Clarke took over and made some important moves early.  The 80s teams were terrific and missed the gold ring only because of the Edmonton powerhouse.  That was still largely Allen's doing with some decent tweaking from Clarke.

Since 1989 the team stunk and then after LIndros and until the lockout, the team was good but fatally flawed in its construction.   Still good but fatally flawed through the 2010 Finals.   Then, not good and fatally flawed ever since.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

6 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Since 1989 the team stunk and then after LIndros and until the lockout, the team was good but fatally flawed in its construction.   Still good but fatally flawed through the 2010 Finals.   Then, not good and fatally flawed ever since.

fatal flaw being they've never really adjusted to the salary-cap era...it was GREAT when we could count on the team to be in on all the top FA available and always make the playoffs but they have not done as well since the playing field has been leveled. 💩

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

fatal flaw being they've never really adjusted to the salary-cap era...it was GREAT when we could count on the team to be in on all the top FA available and always make the playoffs but they have not done as well since the playing field has been leveled. 💩

Yes. Since 2006 absolutely. 

From 1994 to 2004 they never bothered to go get a goalie.  Fatal flaw out of the gate in each era.

The post 2006 flaw is actually worse because that flaw has rendered them not even entertaining.

I mean before that they didn't have a legitimate chance but could have snuck one if things fell right.  But it was an entertaining, if ultimately frustrating, ride.  Sometimes frustrating was part of the entertainment.  

But since they decided to trade the pillars of the franchise they have been doomed from camp and not even entertaining along the way.

So fatally flawed in both instances but worse in the cap era, in my opinion.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm serious, though.   Keith Allen was the best GM and senior leadership the Flyers had and architect of two cups.   He was GM until '83.  Clarke took over and made some important moves early.  The 80s teams were terrific and missed the gold ring only because of the Edmonton powerhouse.  That was still largely Allen's doing with some decent tweaking from Clarke.

Yeah, I knew you were serious. And I agree. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cheesesteak said:

fatal flaw being they've never really adjusted to the salary-cap era.

This in a nutshell is there issue.

They can no longer buy their way out of poor drafting.

They can no longer just go out and offer the most money for the guys they want.

And well the best way to get around that is to have a good drafted foundation to build around first and foremost.

Also to be a able to have the extra money once every thing is mostly in place to be able if need be to plug a hole short term with a free agent.

But it does help to hit on your top 10 picks if you get them.

And @radoran eluded to real hard to get those Super stars drafting 21-26th like in years past.

And they squandered their chance when they did hit like with Giroux to properly build around him.

But I just really don't have a better way of getting out of it then to just find a new leadership group and vision and then to blow it up and discard what doesn't fit and go about acquiring the pieces needed.

But we know they will never do this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

And they squandered their chance when they did hit like with Giroux to properly build around him.

You don't "build around" that guy. He's the bonus to the foundation you already had.

Like they had with Crater and Richards. Before they didn't.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, radoran said:

You don't "build around" that guy.

I think it is a matter of perspective though really.

It is still considered building around him even if he is the Robin you acquired first before finding his Batman.

And that is their problem he was Robin forced to wear Batman's outfit.

The Flyers failed by not ever finding their Batman.

They just trying to plug a bunch of Robins in instead (forgive my not so great analogy but hopefully you can understand stand the point I am trying to make.)

38 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And that is their problem he was Robin forced to wear Batman's outfit.

You don't "build around" Robin.

And you don't "build around" a first line center captain who had never played center and never been a captain before the NHL.

And you don't "build around" a playmaking winger by adding another playmaking winger.

That "building" can get you 20 goals out of Michael Raffl but it doesn't get you very far in terms of winning playoff games in the National Hockey League.

It also gets you the longest serving, least successful captain in the history of the franchise.

Hall. Of. Fame.

55 minutes ago, radoran said:

You don't "build around" Robin.

And you don't "build around" a first line center captain who had never played center and never been a captain before the NHL.

And you don't "build around" a playmaking winger by adding another playmaking winger.

That "building" can get you 20 goals out of Michael Raffl but it doesn't get you very far in terms of winning playoff games in the National Hockey League.

It also gets you the longest serving, least successful captain in the history of the franchise.

Hall. Of. Fame.

Best i could do.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cheesesteak said:

fatal flaw being they've never really adjusted to the salary-cap era...it was GREAT when we could count on the team to be in on all the top FA available and always make the playoffs but they have not done as well since the playing field has been leveled

Spot on…. Been arguing this for years.

everything from 2004 on has been window dressings and cosmetic adjustments.

The core foundation has been rotten with termites for decades…..

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Twitter has already been fixed

Lol It's about to go down.

Seriously. Douchebag closed the data center in Sacramento and reduced the one in Atlanta.  The problem is that they are server-based and not cloud.  They're in "negotiations" with AWS , but that simply means they're not paying their bills.  So, they have no or little redundancies.  Which means they're weeks  or days, away from catastrophic failure.

If by fixed you mean "killed" (and I'd sympathize), then yes.  If you mean legitimately made better, no.

Musk is a fraud with stolen money.  But nearly half the country seems to like that for whatever reason.

I'll tell you this with confidence, though:  he knows literally zero about computer engineering or technology.  He's s fraud.