Flyers trading D'Angelo back to Canes!

jammer2

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Because Karlsson and Brent Burns worked so damn awesomely in San Jose.

I dunno... Karlsson arrived in San Jose with his lower body issues and right when the team's window was closing. As a pair, their GF% was just shy of 60% in three seasons together. Teams with that kind of goal share win around 50 games per year. They were more than fine together; it was the team around them that was faltering. 

Either way, I don't think that the Canes should try this.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

Either way, I don't think that the Canes should try this.

If they're "win now and to hell with 3-4 years from now," then they're way better off with karlsson than TD Ahole.

But I'd ask to see behind Door #3

30 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

If they're "win now and to hell with 3-4 years from now," then they're way better off with karlsson than TD Ahole.

They believe their window is open and potentially closing so they are most definitely in "win now" mode.

They also believe they have a guy who can (has) cover(ed) for TDAs defensive liabilities.

I think they've yet to make the big jump but if they avoid injury they have a chance.

Not one I'm putting money on, but a chance.

• Good Post 1

I’m not much of an Erik Karlsson fan but I don’t think he puts the ‘Canes “over the top” so to speak. Anyway I wonder how Brind ‘Amour feels about possibly acquiring EK…seems like an “oil and water” situation to me. But maybe he’s already counting the points in his head like I’m sure Waddell must be doing. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm going to bet that Caufield is often broken and on the shelf 

26 Goals in 46 games last year. Works out to 46 goals for a full year. A 22 year old even approaching 45 goals sounds pretty good to me. 

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

26 Goals in 46 games last year. Works out to 46 goals for a full year. A 22 year old even approaching 45 goals sounds pretty good to me. 

I don't argue that.  What I'm concerned about is 46 games in a season being the norm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Karlsson would definitely help. I just wouldn't be comfortable with the cost of acquisition and cap hit if I were Waddell, particularly when you're dealing with a player who spends so much time injured.

• Good Post 1

35 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I don't argue that.  What I'm concerned about is 46 games in a season being the norm.

Time will tell, but with that kinda production...just have to take the Nestea Plunge!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Have you heard about Auston Matthews' multiple 50-goal seasons for the Leafs?

OK, so he only has one, but if you project...

And he's never scored less than 40 goals in a season. I mean, if you project...

Until Caufield actually scores 45 goals, he hasn't scored 45 goals in a season.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 3
  • Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Have you heard about Auston Matthews' multiple 50-goal seasons for the Leafs?

OK, so he only has one, but if you project...

And he's never scored less than 40 goals in a season. I mean, if you project...

Until Caufield actually scores 45 goals, he hasn't scored 45 goals in a season.

bbbbbbuuuuttttt my calculations are always right .... (sarcasm font)

you must reject .....because you can't project ......  :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

bbbbbbuuuuttttt my calculations are always right .... (sarcasm font)

you must reject .....because you can't project ......  :ph34r:

He has a hell of a shot, but at this point the Habs would probably be thrilled if he could play a full season.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

He has a hell of a shot, but at this point the Habs would probably be thrilled if he could play a full season.

Totally get what you are saying and I agree .....my comment was more or less directed at someone else who always was obsessed, to a point of being irritating, with projections.

28 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Totally get what you are saying and I agree .....my comment was more or less directed at someone else who always was obsessed, to a point of being irritating, with projections.

I was agreeing with you, not giving you a hard time.    :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

If the Flyers complete all 82 games, they are projected to have finished the season. In addition, they are projected to finish somewhere in the top 8 of the Metropolitan Division

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

There is a reason why no one his size has ever been drafted that high before - until him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

There is a reason why no one his size has ever been drafted that high before - until him.

Size without skill is a total waste, but skill without size places limitations on matchups and roster building. Small players are alright, but small teams are too easy to neutralize.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Size without skill is a total waste, but skill without size places limitations on matchups and roster building. Small players are alright, but small teams are too easy to neutralize.

Exactly sure it may not seem fair i get it to pick on someone's size but at the end of the day this is a business and that business is dictated on wins.

It is what it is. But there is a reason why this league or any league isn't filled with many stars who are vertically challenged. Sorry and well i know how it fills i'm only 5-11.

6 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

You can have a Martin St. Louis, but it helps to also have a Vincent Lecavalier.

If Caufield pans out as a consistent 30-goal scorer, this deal is a steal for Montreal.

Projection works in movie theaters.

• Like 1