Nick Seeler-Rasmus Ristolainen

Marc Staal-Sean Walker

Emil Andrae-Egor Zamula

Carter Hart 

Sam Ersson

Power play units

Sean Couturier, Travis Konecny, Cam Atkinson, Bobby Brink, Cam York

Owen Tippett, Morgan Frost, Joel Farabee, Noah Cates, Travis Sanheim

Is this the final "official" squad ......  Kind of shocked Tippett is on 3rd line.

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Is this the final "official" squad ......  Kind of shocked Tippett is on 3rd line.

From what i'm gathering yes.

Sandstrom still needs to be waived unless they plan on keeping him.

Capfriendly has the roster at 21/23.

So they will waive him and recall the "loaned" guys as a paper transaction.

Unless.....unless they are saving room for Pinto and Mathieu Joseph....i'm just saying you never know Senators having signed Pinto and have 62K in cap space.

Will see the roster have to be set by tomorrow feels like Danny is leaving himself options if something gives.

7 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Noah Cates should not be on the second line.

On this team?

Who is better suited? 

I mean, I understand the concept here. "on a good team that guy plays lower in the lineup...blah, etcetera, yada".

But a.) the Flyers aren't a good team,I don't think they'll be horrible or unwatchable, but they are not considered a championship team even if everyone reaches their ceiling. 2 Does it hurt to make Morgan Frost earn that spot? * Couturier one of my favorites, needs to show he can play NHL regular season shifts and then where is his level of play? In the pre season it wasn't ummm, dynamite. So yeah. Noah Cates is your second line centerman. Welcome to hell. 

• Like 2

On 10/6/2023 at 10:05 AM, Howie58 said:

After watching last night, I might say there's hope for improvement this year.  Our fourth line might establish possession and add some unexpected scoring.  Frost and Foerster are budding. Tippett will grow.  Will we hit .500, I doubt it.  But this team will not be as offensively challenged as its predecessor.

My leading indicator will be improvement in overtime and shootout.  We are league worst since 2006:

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2023/01/an-extra-five-minutes-no-thank-you-thoughts-on-the-flyers-overtime-ineptitude.html

When we start winning at least half our SO and OT, I will have reason to believe this team is morphing into a 21st Century contender.  Seriously.  I think our poor performance after regulation has said a lot about the people we draft and trade for, and the type of play senior management has liked (old-style physicality versus skill).  

Bottom line--I want .500+ after regulation.  That's my leading indicator for a new-and-improved Flyers.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

I'm hoping this lineup gets them a top 3 lottery pick. Wishing for anything more at this point is a fools errand. But it is the Flyers, so anything can happen.

You never know how the draft will unfold. They had the 7th overall choice and ended up with the 2nd best talented player in the draft. A pick in the top 8 is perfectly fine. You're still building and you're still getting a good player, regardless.

Honestly, I don't think this club is going to win a lot of games. The defense is still a major work in progress, the goaltending is still debatable, the forwards are decent, and the coaching of special teams is suspect. I see them with a bottom five finish. But I want to see competitiveness and some of the core guys become guys who hate losing more than they live winning. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

On this team?

Who is better suited? 

I mean, I understand the concept here. "on a good team that guy plays lower in the lineup...blah, etcetera, yada".

But a.) the Flyers aren't a good team,I don't think they'll be horrible or unwatchable, but they are not considered a championship team even if everyone reaches their ceiling. 2 Does it hurt to make Morgan Frost earn that spot? * Couturier one of my favorites, needs to show he can play NHL regular season shifts and then where is his level of play? In the pre season it wasn't ummm, dynamite. So yeah. Noah Cates is your second line centerman. Welcome to hell. 

Honestly, I'm not opposed to using Frost as the number one center, Cates as the number two and Couturier as the number three to start the year. 

I know that a number still have questions about Frost and his role on the club, but the second half of last season showed he can do the job. 

As for Cates, honestly, I see Yanni Gourde upside with him. Just let him continue to play and let him have his linemates. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Laughton bumped to the fourth line, Brink moved to the left side of Cates and Atkinson to his right side. I know Tortorella said he likes his fourth line and it won't change, but dropping Laughton to the fourth with Poehling and Hathaway makes it that much better and would be forechecking demons. 

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't think they've tapped this kid's full potential yet he can play he reminds me of Coots a lot really with his IQ.

Yep, and also how the Flyers have used Cates so far - it's similar to Couturier's first couple years in the O&B.

Giving Cates top 6 minutes this year is the right move. There's no better time to see if he can be productive. 

• Like 1

RE: Noah Cates 

Just want to say I'm a fan of the kid. 

I have been since he was drafted. He's smart, quick, always seems to make the right play, there's a lot to like about his game.

This is his second year playing center, he's learning to play the position in the NHL, so there will be some bumps. Winning teams don't have a guy getting OJT as their second line center is all I'm saying. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

RE: Noah Cates 

Just want to say I'm a fan of the kid. 

Me to i've heard the question a million times who is going to be the next Captain.

All i'll say is i Noah guy........

:cheers:

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Ristolainen placed on IR today, will miss the first 3 games with an “undisclosed injury.” The word on Saturday after practice was he’s “good to go for Opening Night.”

the more things change the more they stay the same…

Too bad he couldn't be shot into outer space and never to return. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sources say #CBJNHL_BlueJackets_2023.png have been engaged in trade dialogue with teams in recent days in an effort to move a defenseman from their #NHL roster. They've told teams they'd like more flexibility at the position.

Since everyone is asking for a name, the truth is #CBJNHL_BlueJackets_2023.png are open to different possibilities as they weigh value. Likely centered around Boqvist, Bean, and to a lesser extent - based on minutes - Peeke. They’ll likely move whomever they find gets them most back.