Blues fire Berube

yave1964

The Chief is dead 

After yet another killer loss Doug Armstrong fired Berube. AHL coach Drew Banister takes on the interm coaching gig 

Berube took over and won the cup with the blues but over four years Taresenko, pietrangelo and others moved on while Armstrong tried to bring lightning in a bottle with poor results, vrana on waivers, krug wants dealt, half a dozen baffled adds that went nowhere.

Berube tried to make gnat sh1t outta pepper. He deserves better 

• Good Post 2

@yave1964

A lot of players liked playing for him.

I wonder if he's become a "top coach" for the carousel?

Guys like him that had to work like hell to stick in the league often become very good "hockey men".

I'm sure his buddy Keith Jones is on the phone with him, because they're friends, but also, "hey Craig you wanna hangout down the hall from me and keep LaParriere in line?"

He was a Hershey Bear for a time and it was glorious, he beat the hell out of a lot of minor leaguers and I got to watch from the 10th row on many nights with my aunt Sherrie. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna paste my last post here:

Dumb move. Berube was not responsible of the current teams' woes, St-Louis is a bottom-tier team and the Blues was lucky that Binnington kept his BS away and played like a real #1 goalie to keep them afloat. Not his fault either if Kyrou, Thomas, Schenn are stinking right now with the Front office thinking that going after players like Kevin Hayes to fill the spots is a great idea...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Hayes. And vrana. Krug. Saad, kapanen and Sundqvist are rumored to be a line. Leddy and scandella are on America's most wanted for stealing a paycheck. Blais was traded away (smart) but then overpaid to get back (dumb). 

Armstrong is the culprit. Period.

Yeah, I forgot all those pans. And not keeping Perron (who was strongly attached to this team) was also a bad decision.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

The Chief is dead 

After yet another killer loss Doug Armstrong fired Berube. AHL coach Drew Banister takes on the interm coaching gig 

Berube took over and won the cup with the blues but over four years Taresenko, pietrangelo and others moved on while Armstrong tried to bring lightning in a bottle with poor results, vrana on waivers, krug wants dealt, half a dozen baffled adds that went nowhere.

Berube tried to make gnat sh1t outta pepper. He deserves better 

Berube should have fired Armstrong. The GM blew up the roster with bad cap management, yet the coach gets canned. Gotta love the bett turds NHL. As long as the owners make money nobody gives a f&*k. The Chief deserves better. Hope he lands on his feet sooner than later.

• Like 2

It's been said, but worth repeating:

Armstrong is among the worst GMs ever but somehow manages to hide under the pile of his own s##t and get someone else fired because it stinks.

He accidentally won a Cup despite trying his damdest to avoid it.   He won simply because of Berube and because Binnington played well above his level and despite trying to sabotage it like he's done nearly every other season he's been employed.

The owner sucks for blindly keeping this guy around. Lazy, know-nothing sloth.

Completely unbelievable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Armstrong is among the worst GMs ever but somehow manages to hide under the pile of his own s##t and get someone else fired because it stinks.

Probably worst in the league - now that Fletch is gone...

:hocky:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

He accidentally won a Cup despite trying his damdest to avoid it.   He won simply because of Berube and because Binnington played well above his level and despite trying to sabotage it like he's done nearly every other season he's been employed.

Completely unbelievable.

He won because the bruins offense forgot they had to score to win....that loss still sucks/stings.

And what has binnington done since, jack sh&t.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Completely unbelievable.

Totally agree. He's some sort of Chiarelli 2.0 and with Fletcher on the podium with those two, we have a fantastic bunch of numbnutz.

On the other hand and as a Blues rival and hater, every move that would lead to sink this ship deeper is good to take. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Math said:

Totally agree. He's some sort of Chiarelli 2.0 and with Fletcher on the podium with those two, we have a fantastic bunch of numbnutz.

On the other hand and as a Blues rival and hater, every move that would lead to sink this ship deeper is good to take. 

Those GMs are bad, but Chuck was in a league of his own. Armstrong may have won a cup despite himself, but when Fletcher was trying to win a cup, trading (I mean throwing) away draft picks to go for it, the end results were his teams picking top 10. 

Armstrongs management...

Timbit Hockey: Simons Valley Winter Classic | Watch News Videos Online

Fletchers management...

Daily Pictures. Part 1 (67 pics)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

He won because the bruins offense forgot they had to score to win....that loss still sucks/stings.

And what has binnington done since, jack sh&t.

Binnington has done plenty since......usually in the form of a childish blowup

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not a Blue’s fan, didn’t follow the build up to their cup win, but could see that that team was built to win in the playoffs. 
I don’t know who put all those pieces together but Armstrong gets the credit. 
He should also get the credit/blame for making bad trades and signings that turned them into a bad team. 
Was his plan to go into rebuild and he forgot or lost his nerve for what a rebuild is? 
Hard to say, but Berube gets the axe for it, and the team that hires Berube next should send a thank you to Armstrong. 

The consensus I've read and listened to says it was in part Berube, and in part Armstrong.  Berube apparently "lost the locker room" by extracting a lot of the players, but that strategy can only last so long.  The other component is trying to keep a nucleus going too long, which we're seeing in Pitt and Washington.  That falls on Armstrong.  

I wouldn't shed tiers.  He'll be hired somewhere soon.  

• Like 1