Flyers 2023-24 Trade deadline moves/predictions

16 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'd hate to move TK, but I could see someone backing up the Brinks truck for him. I could see a team like Dallas putting together a serious offer. For instance, they've got Wyatt Johnston, Ty Dellandrea and Rope Hintz as centers. So, would Dallas be willing to part with Mavrik Bourque and Logan Stankoven for Konecny? If so, I think it's something that should be considered. 

Yeah. You're not wrong here. It makes me sad, but you're not wrong.

If we get a 3rd or 4th for Atkinson, I'm thrilled. I've been a fan of his long before he was a Flyer, but i do that without blinking.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 1:46 PM, CoachX said:

Any chance Laughton gets traded?

asking for a friend

Great news, Darren Dreger had a story the other day that the Flyers are listening to offers for Laughton.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

3 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Great news, Darren Dreger had a story the other day that the Flyers are listening to offers for complimentary players that fit Laughton's style.

Wait, there's a bit of dust on the cover of that headline...

image.gif

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, CoachX said:

:CelebratingSmiley:

12 minutes ago, radoran said:

Great news, Darren Dreger had a story the other day that the Flyers are listening to offers for complimentary players that fit Laughton's style that cost a 2nd rounder..

More dust...

On 2/1/2024 at 10:01 AM, flyerdog said:

I feel that it makes sense not to expend assets for a backup goalie. Ride with Peterson/Sandstrom and Ersson,

in the off season, i believe there will be a few back-up type Gs available in FA. Some are quality back ups...Our forward group is actually not bad considering...TK,Farabee,Foerster,Tippett,Coots...yeah we are missing that Superstar 'C' that we've always seemed to have....hope they find him...

I think the biggest question is Frost...again...and if someone comes in with a good offer for him, I think they would do it...and they should...If Brink get's it together, i think he has higher upside...

I think it's good that they are sticking to the plan no matter what happens this season. I know fans would be angry if they trade pieces and that causes a dip in their performance and a loss of playoffs...but Danny/Jones said it point blank after the TB,COL,BOS games that those teams showed just how much work there is left to do and they can't be enamored by what happens THIS season alone. 

If you are looking to improve your draft pick, Peterson and Sandstromm are the way to go. Neither one of those guys are NHL caliber goalies. 

• Like 4

No surprises but a welcome confirmation that the rebuild is still the priority. It's good to hear they're not wavering due to their position in the standings. With 32 games remaining, without their 1/1A goalie tandem the Flyers could easily fall out of the PO picture anyway.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Frost, Tuomaala and the Florida 1st for Zegras. If that's not enough for Anaheim, to hell with them.

I think there is s respectable chance that Toumaala turns out better than Zegras in the long run. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I think there is s respectable chance that Toumaala turns out better than Zegras in the long run. 

He's a right winger though and when you consider that Foerster is playing on his off wing, Brink is in the AHL and Konecny is the lead dog (right now), is there room for Tuomaala? Don't forget that Farabee is also a right winger as well. Plus there's Atkinson (who hopefully gets moved) and don't forget the incomparable Garnett Hathway!!!!

12 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

He's a right winger though and when you consider that Foerster is playing on his off wing, Brink is in the AHL and Konecny is the lead dog (right now), is there room for Tuomaala? Don't forget that Farabee is also a right winger as well. Plus there's Atkinson (who hopefully gets moved) and don't forget the incomparable Garnett Hathway!!!!

No room as we speak, but an injury or two and he could force his way on the team. He's got nice wheels and can snipe. He would have to play a well rounded game to stick with Torts though. If he continues on this current path, cream rises to the top. He does seem suited for a top 6 role though...which would really limit his chances. If I was him, I'd be working on tenacious play away from the puck...just to please Torts. 

8 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

image.png

There are some guys on that list who are very good, and got on there because they just have bad contracts; Darnell Nurse being a good example...

That isn't the case for Zegras, with the unidentified player essentially saying that he's all steak and no sizzle. @ruxpin said he wouldn't take him at league minimum, and I sure as hell would, but I don't love having core players who need such strong sheltering either. If I were Daniel Briere, I would only be interested in acquiring him if the Ducks were effectively giving him away.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Yeah........ I dunno, man.

Toumaala is getting 0.8 ppg in the AHL, which an NHLE of 32 points. At the same age, Zegras was a 65 point producer in the NHL. I'm  not really a huge backer of Zegras, given his lack of desire to play defense, but Samu would need to deliver an amazing two-way game to top that.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

There are some guys on that list who are very good, and got on there because they just have bad contracts; Darnell Nurse being a good example...

That isn't the case for Zegras, with the unidentified player essentially saying that he's all steak and no sizzle. @ruxpin said he wouldn't take him at league minimum, and I sure as hell would, but I don't love having core players who need such strong sheltering either. If I were Daniel Briere, I would only be interested in acquiring him if the Ducks were effectively giving him away.

Was @ruxpin taking about Zegras or Perrault though? I thought he was talking about Perrault. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Was @ruxpin taking about Zegras or Perrault though? I thought he was talking about Perrault. 

I could be mistaken, but I thought he was referencing this tweet:

... and saying that he wouldn't want Zegras at league minimum. I could definitely be wrong, though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Yeah........ I dunno, man.

Toumaala is getting 0.8 ppg in the AHL, which an NHLE of 32 points. At the same age, Zegras was a 65 point producer in the NHL. I'm  not really a huge backer of Zegras, given his lack of desire to play defense, but Samu would need to deliver an amazing two-way game to top that.

I'm going with late bloomer combined with culture shock hurdle...there is stuff in that package. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

I sure as hell would, but I don't love having core players who need such strong sheltering either. If I were Daniel Briere, I would only be interested in acquiring him if the Ducks were effectively giving him away.

okay, yeah, I'm pretty much in agreement here, previous hyperbole notwithstanding (though, in my defense, it hadn't occurred to me that the Ducks would give him away or that he'd play for league minimum.  Or that he or Torts wouldn't kill the other in the attempt to make him an actual hockey player).

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 2