Flyers 2023-24: A Post-Season Appraisal

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Stankoven

Stankoven sounds like he should be everyone's hook up for the good Satavia strains.

Stankoven's House of Dank!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Stankoven sounds like he should be everyone's hook up for the good Satavia strains.

That's worth Konecny right there! 😆

• Good Post 1

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

This is why i suggested weeks ago before the deadline about his name and saying it was coolest in hockey - dank with that stank

IYKYK

:D

• Haha 1

Watching a team like the Florida Panthers and wondering, outside Konecny, is there a single Flyer who would play on their top 2 lines?

And yet we are going to somehow compete with a team like them within 3 years?

51 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Watching a team like the Florida Panthers and wondering, outside Konecny, is there a single Flyer who would play on their top 2 lines?

And yet we are going to somehow compete with a team like them within 3 years?

There are 3 series where I think this.

Colorado/Winterpeg, Dallas/Vegas, the just concluded Tampa/Sunrise series has that talent level also.

This assumes none of the guys on the Flyers will improve. I think some of the young guys still have room in their game to grow. 

In three years babies will have to get their asses kicked to learn what it will take to win. 

But it is a point taken. 

19 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Is their production going to increase by 50%?  Or double?  I don't think so.

I think Foerster's ceiling might be a 60- 75 pt player if everything goes well. 

Mark Stone light? 

He is the projection that most readily comes to mind, size, skating, shot.

Stone was in his 3rd year when he "took off".

Foerster has a season plus a couple of games and is close to being a .5 ppg player 40/85.

Caveat is he has to keep getting better.

Brink might become something too, he has a longer road because of his size and the coach doesn't like something about him, but that's a guy I can see being a 60+  point player too. He finds space, he has the ability to make something out of nothing. He needs to be doing it consistently.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 3:09 PM, mojo1917 said:

It’s sativa unless my gummies are lying to me…..😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I think Foerster's ceiling might be a 60- 75 pt player if everything goes well. 

Mark Stone light? 

He is the projection that most readily comes to mind, size, skating, shot.

Stone was in his 3rd year when he "took off".

Foerster has a season plus a couple of games and is close to being a .5 ppg player 40/85.

Caveat is he has to keep getting better.

Brink might become something too, he has a longer road because of his size and the coach doesn't like something about him, but that's a guy I can see being a 60+  point player too. He finds space, he has the ability to make something out of nothing. He needs to be doing it consistently.

I get that you're not necessarily saying that he will be like Mark Stone, but I don't think he'll be close, to be honest. Stone has been a lot more productive at every level of hockey. I dunno... I see Foerster as a 0.5ish PPG game player.

Essentially, we agree. I just think it's really far from Mark Stone.

Edited by JR Ewing

8 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

ssentially, we agree. I just think it's really far from Mark Stone

My initial thought was the knock on their skating as young players also. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

My initial thought was the knock on their skating as young players also. 

Hey everyone Flyer fan needs to pray all at once!!!

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

I get that you're not necessarily saying that he will be like Mark Stone, but I don't think he'll be close, to be honest. Stone has been a lot more productive at every level of hockey. I dunno... I see Foerster as a 0.5ish PPG game player.

Essentially, we agree. I just think it's really far from Mark Stone.

I see Foerster as a more well rounded JvR. Not quite as good a skater as JvR, but better all around player.

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

So is this plate of food I have in front of me. 😁

Yeah, better than JVR, but please don't eat it.

OyIBvvPf17I31hS29BK_K66dghM2YS0MqIi3yi55

We'll keep an eye on this...

So it's almost a given IF Michkov comes over someone is going to have to be moved.

Especially with Cam Atkinson still stealing a spot in the line up if even but the 13th forward.

All the dead weight needs to go.

Flyers must prioritize some type of center acquisition somehow some way if not this year at least by next offseason.

Martin Necas intrigues me with the Canes up coming cap crunch.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

We'll keep an eye on this...

So it's almost a given IF Michkov comes over someone is going to have to be moved.

Especially with Cam Atkinson still stealing a spot in the line up if even but the 13th forward.

All the dead weight needs to go.

Flyers must prioritize some type of center acquisition somehow some way if not this year at least by next offseason.

Martin Necas intrigues me with the Canes up coming cap crunch.

They need a centre, but I also hope they don't do something stupid just to get A centre. If Michkov has to wait for a true #1 centre, then so be it. Better than rushing into something we're going to regret....

39 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

They need a centre, but I also hope they don't do something stupid just to get A centre. If Michkov has to wait for a true #1 centre, then so be it. Better than rushing into something we're going to regret....

I am not suggesting anything stupid but as we have mentioned it's going to be very hard to find a #1 center draft mid round in every 1st round because they are always going for the playoffs.

So they are going to have to get creative to find that guy and it may require a lot of assets to obtain.

So you can't have it both ways.

We have to trust them to use the best method to address this.

53 minutes ago, radoran said:

Trust. But verify.

:hocky:

Too late for all of that now.

We'll just have to hope the front office can fall back on all their previous Cup winning roster building experience.

What could go wrong?

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Too late for all of that now.

We'll just have to hope the front office can fall back on all their previous Cup winning roster building experience.

What could go wrong?

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

It really is amazing that a front office with virtually no NHL experience, is an upgrade over what was here previously, but it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1