EAST Playoffs '23-'24 Round 1: (A3) Toronto Maple Leafs at (A2) Boston Bruins (BOS Wins 4-3)

Maples Leafs at Bruins  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Toronto Resumes Being a Punchline? Bruins Fail Again? Which is it?

• Maple Leafs in 4.... TOR isn't messing around. NEEEEEEXT!
    • Maple Leafs in 5... BOS steals a game, but TOR proves to be too much especially with goal scoring
    • Maple Leafs in 6... Bruins make things interesting, but not interesting enough, as TOR takes it skating away
    • Maple Leafs in 7... Some Leaf fans scream sky is falling, but then say, "I knew it all along" as TOR goes the distance...and wins!
    • Bruins in 4.... LOL Leafs......
    • Bruins in 5.... Still.... LOL Leafs.....
    • Bruins in 6.... Hold on now! Leafs showing life, but....errr, nah....LOL
    • Bruins in 7.... Best showing in many years for Toronto...never mind that they STILL lose (LOL!!). The Bruins quest for Cup glory moves on!

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

All in all..it's looking like another win for The Woll. As I type this, ol' Willie Nylander scores. Looks like a Game 7. Good for Toronto.

Boy...this team really DOES like to stick it to their fans, eh?

They make this big come back...and it all sets up for a Game 7, where the Bruins likely obliterate them after legions of Leafs fans took PTO days from work to travel to Sunrise, Florida! :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Just now, RBGordie said:

Man the Bruins suck when the pressure is on!

Sounds to me like it's time for some Marchand shenanigans in Game 7, no? :shifty: 

"Mr. Owl...how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Maple Leaf?" :ph34r:

The Bruins are only 14-10 all-time in Game Sevens. I honestly really like the Leaves chances. They've really galvanized as a team without Matthews. Now, the question is..do you let Matthews play, if he's not fully ready? :ph34r:

That was sarcasm. Of course, he should play if he's at all capable. I like their chances a lot regardless, with the Brick Woll in goal. This is the best team the Leafs have had in a while. They've really showed a lot of character, in this series.

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to EAST Playoffs '23-'24 Round 1: (A3) Toronto Maple Leafs at (A2) Boston Bruins (Series Tied 3-3)
8 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I like their chances a lot regardless, with the Brick Woll in goal. This is the best team the Leafs have had in a while. They've really showed a lot of character, in this series.

:rolleyes:
wOLLrUS.thumb.jpg.3e1e0d322802a93ca2c483b43e66ae05.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Good Post 1
  • Uggh... 1

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Hey, hey, now...
I was forced to give up my Leaves patent a year ago when Toronto beat Tampa Bay.
I need a new thing to poketh funneth at the Leafless.... Will is my guy now. :bigteeth: 

Leaes.

It's a Stanley Cup thing.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/stanley-cup-tour-keeper-mike-bolt-mistakes-party-teemu-selanne-scotch/

On 4/28/2024 at 8:24 PM, FD19372 said:

If there was any way they could keep Matthews, I'd do it, if I were them. He is uniquely skilled and has shown me, a better competitiveness and more leadership on both ends of the ice.  They should look to try and trade Marner or Nylander. They haven't been effective enough, for the money they make, in the playoffs. One of the problems they have, is one that the Flyers traditionally do. Overpaying players, and making them unmovable.

On 4/30/2024 at 5:20 AM, flyercanuck said:

You know that happens to every good player in the playoffs and THEY step up right? See Connor McDavid. Marchand. Makar. Those guys all get extra attention and excel in it.

Matthews is getting paid over 13 million to step up. Nylander, makes half that. And just came back from injury ONE game ago. He's hardly to blame for them being down 3-

😁

Matthews sits another, Leafs win again. 

Nylander with both goals! 

Ok, I'll let myself out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

See, I'm telling this from the very beginning that Matthews was anchoring this team. Why put that dude from Arizona as your first-line center?!?

6 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Good God, tell me it's not going to happen again....

Pasta is on a milk carton once again.

Sorry, I can't tell you it's not gonna happen again. It's very likely in fact. I wish someone could explain to me why the Bruins tend to shoot themselves in the foot, stop having urgency, and just plain old blow it. Maybe I'll switch teams! So frustrating. Maybe they need a new coach? Will he get fired if they lose Saturday? I think so. I hope so. He is NOT inspiring them to urgency!

20 minutes ago, Math said:

See, I'm telling this from the very beginning that Matthews was anchoring this team. Why put that dude from Arizona as your first-line center?!?

unless the maple leafs win the cup, i still think this team needs to be broken up because there's too many top heavy forwards that want the puck and it's causing a divide in the locker room, they have to get rid some of the core and fix the d.

4 hours ago, tucson83 said:

unless the maple leafs win the cup, i still think this team needs to be broken up because there's too many top heavy forwards that want the puck and it's causing a divide in the locker room, they have to get rid some of the core and fix the d.

Even if they win the cup I would move on from Marner. 
Just don’t send him to Minnesota, we want playoff performers, and he isn’t one. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Game 7 on ABC. I see more live hockey (NCHC and CCHA, Minnesota high school, and USHL) than on TV, so it's great to see NHL on prime time. Grew up in 60s and 70s with Saturday afternoon games on CBS from a tower in North Dakota and the Leafs on Hockey Night in Canada from a tower in Manitoba....

Edited by Icechipper
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Even if they win the cup I would move on from Marner. 
Just don’t send him to Minnesota, we want playoff performers, and he isn’t one. 

Don't worry. The Flyers will trade for Marner. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Austin who?

That's just it. They don't NEED a big game from Auston Matthews, to win this series, unlike past seasons. They have better depth, and though they're defense isn't overly physical, it's improved and they block their fair share of shots. That's an area that has allowed them back in this series.

I think Domi steps up tonight, and has a big game..as does Knies, again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

That's just it. They don't NEED a big game from Auston Matthews, to win this series, unlike past seasons. They have better depth, and though they're defense isn't overly physical, it's improved and they block their fair share of shots. That's an area that has allowed them back in this series.

The Bees Knies...

Posted (edited)

Who is going to win game 7? How to create a poll here? 

Anyway, I say Toronto wins but I hope I'm wrong!

If the Bruins lose, they better fire Montgomery. He can't inspire the team to urgency. Where is the Bruins killer instinct? It's extinct! They are lazy. Pasta has disappeared. He should stay home if he's not going to play.

Wake up Bruins! Play like you care! WTF is wrong with you bozos? So frustrating to watch a great team play like dirt.

I think the Bruins are arrogant and believe they are so good that they should be able to win without much effort. So they give little effort. And they lose.

Edited by RBGordie

2 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Domi's a dirty punk ahole. I wish the Bruins had Terry O'Reilly to take his head off.