Asham/Neal hearings - 1 game for Neal, 4 for Asham

Guest trevluk

Sheesh, folks, ease off the conspiracy theories. Weber's hearing was Friday. He was fined Saturday. Shaw's hearing was yesterday, his suspension came down today. I'd have been suprised to hear anything today.

HHMM....I did not realize it was common place to dole out punishment the day after a hearing......I thought that was the point of "announcing" when a player had a hearing so they could deliver the news that day......Very Interesting. I thought this was out of the ordinary but i guess not given those recent examples...

Screw it! It's a plot to turn the series in Pitts favor!!! Freakin Bettman......

• Like 1

50 posts and not a single goddam update, I want my ten minutes back.....false advertising thread title :D

UPDATE: Still no word on potential suspensions to Neal and Asham.

this update brought to you by the same people who felt necessary to tell you there was no update on Crosby's condition for 10 months.

EDIT: That was funnier in my head

Edited by AJgoal

Sheesh, folks, ease off the conspiracy theories. Weber's hearing was Friday. He was fined Saturday. Shaw's hearing was yesterday, his suspension came down today. I'd have been suprised to hear anything today.

It's not a conspiracy theory; it's simple paranoia!

Some of you guys seem to have inside lines and get info before I see it on NHL.com so just checking in. I am guessing Asham gets 7-10 games and Neal gets 1, maybe 2.

No way Asham gets 7-10. I know he's been suspended before, but 7-10 would be too much. I'm guessing 2.

I'm beginning to fear that they're waiting to make an announcement until the East Coast audience has called it a day--in order to keep the outrage to a minimum.

Or maybe Neal isn't going to get suspended at all and Shanahan is waiting for the last possible moment to announce that. Nothing will surprise me when it comes to suspension and the Pens.

Hossa's blood is on Shanny. many NFL retired players are suing their league, in the form of a class action suit, for intentionally ignoring their head injuries. The last two weeks has given the NHL Player's Union all the ammo it needs to launch a suite of their own which would to destroy the NHL. I've followed NHL hockey for almost fifty years. If this keeps up, I won't follow NHL hockey for a fifty-first year.

deciding the severity of the suspension based on the 'apparent' injury or not is a stupid policy that will cause major legal problems for the league some day.

I'm glad Neil was suspended, but he got off easy.

Agree. Teams will game the injury to get a player suspended for a longer period of time

This team needs to put the penguins out of their misery. The time is now. The snake is wounded id we need to stomp on its head

agree. Neal's suspension should have been more. However, the flyers have the ability to amend his 1-gamer to "for the remainder of the season." let's hope they make that happen.

Neal got off light.

Amen. I'm watching the 2nd period intermission of Detroit/Nashville and they are talking about the Torres hit on Hossa and the Backstrom hit on Peverly. Nightmare scenario for Shanahan because the Torres hit is identical to the Neal hit on Couturier, for which there was no supplemental discipline. The only difference was that Couturier skated away while Hossa was carted off. They are also asking if maybe Backstrom should get 4 games like Asham (neither has ever been suspended).

The NHL is doing contortions, they aren't deterring these hits and they are looking worse and worse as playoff hockey is being crowded out by suspension updates.

Hockey is going to turn into soccer real quick if this time of disciplinary action keeps up. "Schenn has a concussion and we don't believe he will be back until next season" - Homer "OMG this is horrible, Asham needs to be suspended 20 games" - Shanny "Our previous diagnosis is incorrect, Schenn will be ok and be able to play tomorrow night" Homer "Awww #$$@, guess I messed that up?" Shanny

Give me a break. The discipline should be dished out based off of INTENT not the actual outcome. This disgusts me to no end!

Nightmare scenario for Shanahan because the Torres hit is identical to the Neal hit on Couturier, for which there was no supplemental discipline. The only difference was that Couturier skated away while Hossa was carted off. They

you're right, they really are almost the same situation. the one thing that will make it easier for shanahan is torres does something to get suspended every 3 weeks. they can claim zero tolerance with him and drop the hammer where they went easy on someone without the miles long rap sheet.

you're right, they really are almost the same situation. the one thing that will make it easier for shanahan is torres does something to get suspended every 3 weeks. they can claim zero tolerance with him and drop the hammer where they went easy on someone without the miles long rap sheet.

They are very prolific at making **** up and keep a straight face no matter how obviously flawed their logic is. In this case, it makes no sense to throw the book at Torres and merely have a telephone hearing for Neal with no apparent outcome. The incidents are too obviously similar to spin away. Did the league think everyone would forget about the first hearing because of the one game suspension that resulted from the second hearing? Maybe we'll get some more news tomorrow.