Poll: Sit Jagr?

Guest Podein25

Should They Sit Jagr?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should They Sit Jagr?

• Yes
    • No

Everyone needs to take a breath and maybe a shot too. It was one bad game. We had one last series too. They read into their own hype and laid an egg. That won't happen again this series. I expect the team to come out like gangbusters tonight. Nobody needs to be benched.

That's why I voted "no". Because I'm already drunk.

• Like 1

I wouldn't bench anybody. That was a no-show game by everyone, beginning with the team's best player. They collectively just need to start taking the Devs seriously and everything will be fine.

Parise's line isn't scoring? Parise scored in game 1 and In game 2, due to Kovalchuck being out, Deboer had to mix up his lines... Zajac/Clarkson/Elias and Parise all have scored in this series so far.

Parise scored against Read/Simmonds/Schenn in game one. Zajac scored on the PP. Zajac and Larsson scored against Briere's line in game 2. Clarkson's goal is the only one that's come against Wellwood/Couturier/Talbot. That's not a bad job by that line.

Exactly. And it's a double whammy when he does, 'cause its often just over the blue line and he doesn't have the speed to get back on it, so he's a walking 3-on-2 giver upper.

He's been turning over the puck high in the offensive zone all season long and if it were anyone else doing it as often as Jagr, that player would be on the bench, in the press box, or in a car on his way to Adirondack. Somehow Jagr gets a pass for it. Jagr is more committed to puck possession than any player I've ever seen; he would rather turn it over than dump it into the corner. This time of year however, he just has to be more conservative with the puck, especially against Jersey, a team that thrives on those types of turnovers.

Also, if you are going to move Voracek up to play with G and Hartnell and Jagr down to play with Briere, you have to juggle someone else, maybe Read, onto Briere's line. Briere, Jagr, and JvR are probably the three worst defensive forwards on the team and I worry about what could happen, on the road no less, if they are all on the same line.

maybe Read, onto Briere's line. Briere, Jagr, and JvR are probably the three worst defensive forwards on the team and I worry about what could happen, on the road no less, if they are all on the same line.

Good point. That's why they pay coaches the big bucks I guess.

Didn't Read play on Briere's line at one point this season?

Jagr looks tired. The season took more of a toll on him than the old Russian superleague does I guess. I wouldn't bench him though, he still has a knack for scoring that timely goal and he seems to be providing SOME leadership and veteran presence. THAT is something he never quite did in his young days with my Pens. Sadly he learned to do it at the end of his career instead of early on.

• Like 2

Well the "IN" thing to do right now is bench a Russian.

The Caps demoted Semin to the 4th line and have Alexander (it's all about me) Ovechkin on a short leash, short shifts and short minutes. And this is the first year they haven't underachieved in the playoffs. The Devils played without Kovalchuk and kicked our collective arses Tuesday night. The Preds suspended two of their top point producers who've been doing more watching than playing this series, and won their first game. We used to bench Zherdev, but he isn't even allowed in the NHL anymore. And we certainly can't bench Bryzgalov after he's finally (maybe) figured out he has to play more than 10 minutes a game.

Is Jagr the closest thing we have to a Russian effigy? (don't tell him I said that)

2 more cents, Since J had real solid Pitt series, don't see Lavi changing in a one-one series, the vets like him and Harts need to respond with an all-star game 2nt. but as the series wears on, the younger legs will be getting the minutes, which prolly leaves Jag with their 2nd or 3rd d pairing, good.

you started this poll? Were you seriously serious or just messing around?

(kinda outta the blue no?)

Of course I was serious dude, have you not read the thread?

If, by "outta the blue" you mean prescient than, yes, it was. But I'm not sure what you mean by that? He looks like ****. Get someone with wheels and jam in there (Christ, you'd never know we had these "JAM" t-shirts!!)

Seriously, we might as well dress Rinaldo for Game 5. Wind him up and let him loose. Sure he might take a penalty or commit aggravated assault, but at least we can say we were in the bloody series and the fans will have something memorable to take home with them.