Zolnierczyk to Ducks for Jay Rosehill...

Ah interesting - okay it serves me right for replying before I read the rest of the thread. So maybe - just maybe - there's a method to this madness from Homer. If it's true that is.

Well, hey, I don't give a rat's ass what happens to the Flyers.

As long as they players they trade away and the deals they make to improve the farm system they have temporarily landed in Glens Falls works out.

I mean, it's important what happens in the AHL, right? Bah. Screw that. Like any coach who won a Calder Cup in the AHL has any idea how to coach a professional hockey team.

Bollocks, that.

:ph34r:

Even if that's true Harry is a better player than Jay Rosehill don't you think? And of course Harry could improve enough to earn 4th line minutes...Hell I thought for a kid, a rookie he showed way more upside than downside didn't you?

In any event Rosehill is not a replacement for any of our roster players, not by any stretch of the imagination, unless we're going back to the Broad Street Bullies days. So what's the plan, he dresses 6 times a year when we want to kick somebody's ass?

Z is 25, Rosehill 27..... so Z is a kid and Rosehill an old man? Z only held 4th line NHL minutes for 5 games this season. So you're saying he really would have played more this year?

I think in order for Z to have a roster spot with the Flyers he needed to throw a lot of checks, being only 175lbs he doesn't quite have the weight to do that....so he used his speed. Problem is his speed was out of control, not something that Lavy was fond of.

I haven't seen Rosehill play this year, but if his speed is enough to keep up with the rest of the fourth line I see his role as a checker, one that could deliver legal hard hits.

IF this deal is part of another deal later we will soon see. But it really still is a wash imo.

but if his speed is enough to keep up with the rest of the fourth line I see his role as a checker,

It's not and it won't be his role. He is a horrendously bad skater. He looks like he's swimming in dog ****. He doesn't check. He fights. And not well. I don't think he sees any NHL time.

• Like 1

Shero would have gotten them to throw in Bobby Ryan. ;)

Funny you should say that. I was thinking that the only way Homer comes out of this looking like he has half a clue about what he is doing is if this deal is just "setting the table" for another deal with the ducks for bobby ryan or a d-man? I know, Iknow, that is putting way too much faith in Holmgren but I choose to stick my head in the sand about these things. ;)

Z is 25, Rosehill 27..... so Z is a kid and Rosehill an old man?

I never said Rosehill's an old man, just that he's not a good hockey player. I hope he's not penciled in as a roster player for the Flyers.

But I didn't know Harry was already 25 - I thought Read was our only "old rookie" last year. So that changes my attitude a little. I don't know maybe it's these Ivy League guys - I hated losing Powe too. :)

Doesn't change my mind about Rosehill though. He seems to me like just more dead weight; first Huskins now Rosehill...we're scraping the bottom of the barrel here and giving away assets in the process. Maybe not super-valuable assets but assets that maybe would've come in handy later...

• Like 1

Who? Harry Z? Quite possibly. I have to hope there's something that we can't see from our couches that makes Lavy not even try to play him and Wellwood ahead of, say, knugget.

Or did you mean Rosehill (um...that's Rosewood, commissioner)? I don't know that it has anything to do with attitude, etc. It's just when you ask your garbage man to rewire your HVAC, it might not work out so well even if he's the nicest guy in the world.

I was thinking Harry Z. Wouldn't be the first time homer had to decontaminate the minor locker room.

This is a move for next season if Rosehill impresses.

I'm sorry HF but that is one of the funniest things I've ever read on this board. This guy was THE worst player on the Leafs who were the ONLY team to not make the playoffs between lockouts. Picture Bryzgalov playing out.

Edited by flyercanuck

I'm sorry HF but that is one of the funniest things I've ever read on this board. This guy was THE worst player on the Leafs who were the ONLY team to not make the playoffs between lockouts. Picture Bryzgalov playing out.

Unfortunately there is always a spot on Holmgren's 23 man roster for "the worst player". :wacko:

Shelley is gone. Sestito was traded for a contract to sign Flanagan, Harry Z has been nothing more than a fourth line player who couldn't keep a roster spot. Then why not add some size and punch for your buck?

I agree. To me Harry Z brought nothing to the table. This team has played flat on so many night why not add a guy who can drop the mitts and energize the crowd and the players?

I agree. To me Harry Z brought nothing to the table. This team has played flat on so many night why not add a guy who can drop the mitts and energize the crowd and the players?

The problem is that Harry did bring energy. Okay, so it was unbridled energy, but he did bring energy. I don't think it was specifically because of him, but they were actually 5-1-1 with Harry in the lineup. Coincidence? Maybe. But I do think he made the 4th line quite a bit more effective. And on a team that stunk up the joint all year, 5-1-1 is quite the anomaly.

• Like 1

Well, it's not like they aren't paying a guy $1.1M for each of the last three seasons to provide just that.

He can't get on the ice, and was injured in the press box.

Waive. Shelley. Now.

Rosehill better like the lower Adirondacks.

Why even make this trade??? Rosehill brings nothing to the table, and from the sounds of it, never will. Z brings nothing but speed and energy to the table, and maybe that's his plateau. But it's a much better plateau. This is a perfect example of the reactionary vs proactive nature of Homer and the Flyers. He traded for Rosehill because of something that happned in a previous game (VOracek fighting to protect his star), but didn't stop to think for a second that we have our own guys in the AHL to do that. And Rinaldo is a feisty little guy.

The truth is we didn't need Rosehill. We didn't need Huskins. We could have played Lauridsen and (take your pick of AHL d-men) to see what they're made of over the last 12 games of the season. It's not a huge commitment, but it does provide valuable experience!

And The Grand Shelley experiement has already proven quite strongly that pure enforcers are useless in this NHL and cannot hold regular roster spots. IT'S A WASTE OF SPACE.

The mentality is always "instead of giving our guys a chance to develop, let's go pick up other teams' garbage."

• Like 1

I guess we could look at the bright side...Holmgren didn't throw in a 2nd.

This is the correct way to view this trade. Not only that, but we got one day closer to the trade deadline without trading Couturier for Ryane Clowe. We are winning this thing.

• Like 2

This is the correct way to view this trade. Not only that, but we got one day closer to the trade deadline without trading Couturier for Ryane Clowe. We are winning this thing.

--- great way to look at this thing Jack! made me laugh...

• Like 1

How bad is Rosehill? He was waived by the Leafs, 2 years ago when they were total crap AND not picked up.The whole league passed on him for half price. Yep, we picked up Leaf hand me downs.....I will say though, the guy can throw down...not a top 10 fighter in the league, but he can hurt you, he wins more than he loses if that is any consolation. Maybe this is Homer's way of tanking. just have Rosehill go out there and mug people, then we get scored on....who knows?

WIth two super physical teams coming to town in Montreal and the Leafs, I expect him to be in the line-up....both teams have about 5 guys each who fight with regularity.

Edited by jammer2