I actually feel bad for the Leafs and fans

trevluk

Up 4-1 with 10 minutes left in the 3rd of game 7 in their first playoff appearance in how many years, and they find a way to f-ing lose the game??? That was absolutely pathetic and I actually felt a very small tinge of sympathy for them. But I got over it. The Laffs continue!

Up 4-1 with 10 minutes left in the 3rd of game 7 in their first playoff appearance in how many years, and they find a way to f-ing lose the game??? That was absolutely pathetic

Now thats the JVR i remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel bad too and I usually root for the underdog but it's good Boston won. I think they match up better with the penguins if they should meet in the ECF. The rangers also match up better with the penguins than the capitals do. Both the rangers and bruins have offensive potential with solid defense and really good goaltending.

As long as the pens are gone, i'm happy.

I think it's an important learning experience. It sucks for the fans and players *right now*, but good in the long run.

Remember the epic series we won against Boston?? Man, I was sooooo stoked to be cheering on the right side of history. ANd the very next year, Boston took that disappointment and turned it into a Cup.

• Like 1

Up 4-1 with 10 minutes left in the 3rd of game 7 in their first playoff appearance in how many years, and they find a way to f-ing lose the game??? That was absolutely pathetic and I actually felt a very small tinge of sympathy for them. But I got over it. The Laffs continue!

While I'm far from being a Boston fan, I enjoyed watching Toronto choke. I wanted both teams to beat the he11 out of one another too be honest. I think this Boston series win was karma

I feel bad too and I usually root for the underdog but it's good Boston won. I think they match up better with the penguins if they should meet in the ECF. The rangers also match up better with the penguins than the capitals do. Both the rangers and bruins have offensive potential with solid defense and really good goaltending.

As long as the pens are gone, i'm happy.

Pens were 1-2 against Toronto, and 3-0 against Boston. The Leafs always bring their A game against the Pens and it often goes like the Islanders series did.

The Rangers don't fare we'll against the Pens, but if you take solace in their 1-4 as opposed to the Caps 0-3... Traditionally our rivalry with the Caps makes for tougher games but I guess we'll see what the Rags do if we get that far.

Pens were 1-2 against Toronto, and 3-0 against Boston. The Leafs always bring their A game against the Pens and it often goes like the Islanders series did.

The Rangers don't fare we'll against the Pens, but if you take solace in their 1-4 as opposed to the Caps 0-3... Traditionally our rivalry with the Caps makes for tougher games but I guess we'll see what the Rags do if we get that far. The rangers are a more responsible team and Torts can coach.

I get that but playoff hockey is completely different from regular season. I feel like Reimer isn't proven, kessel isn't a playoff player, JVR always disappears, Phenuf is overrated, they're small and not very good. Boston is big, talented, and most of them won the cup.

The capitals are talented but they have no idea how to win in the playoffs. You can't go up and down with no defense. Green is overrated like letang. They get hyped because they can score...what about defense?!?!

@Polaris922

I'd rather play Toronto than Boston in the playoffs, regardless of regular season results. Last night proved why.

yeah but the Leafs don't seem to quit against us. I really do think they would be tougher for the Pens to deal with than the Boo'ins.

I can't think of a more brutal playoff loss by any team...ever.

Seriously...anyone?

I got nothing, maybe the miracle Sabres with briere and drury stealing a game in the last 15 seconds vs the rangers back in the mid 2000's '04 ? that hella sucked for the Rangers.

I think that team then did the same thing to Carolina that year as well.

but up 4-1 with 10 to go only to lose is a true gut punch loss.

Boston's game 7 collapse against the Flyers in 2010 after being up 3-0 in the first period is the only other one that comes to mind... granted, that was more of a "series" collapse as opposed to a single game but it was still spectacular to behold (even if you weren't a Flyers fan ;) )

• Like 1

Boston's game 7 collapse against the Flyers in 2010 after being up 3-0 in the first period is the only other one that comes to mind... granted, that was more of a "series" collapse as opposed to a single game but it was still spectacular to behold (even if you weren't a Flyers fan ;) )

That was the only other game I could think of, but I think this is worse because the B's were up 3-0 n the FLyers in the first period before I believe it was JVR that got the first goal in the last minute of the period so it was actually 3-1 at the end of the first, plenty of time to come back. The Leafs were up 4-1 with 10 minutes left in the game anf gave up 2 empty net goals in the last 90 seconds!! If I were a Leafs fan, I might just have to jump off a bridge.

That was the only other game I could think of, but I think this is worse because the B's were up 3-0 n the FLyers in the first period before I believe it was JVR that got the first goal in the last minute of the period so it was actually 3-1 at the end of the first, plenty of time to come back. The Leafs were up 4-1 with 10 minutes left in the game anf gave up 2 empty net goals in the last 90 seconds!! If I were a Leafs fan, I might just have to jump off a bridge.

Boston almost scored AGAIN in the last few seconds when it was 5-on-5. Imagine if they won in regulation...

Seriously...anyone?

Wasn't a game 7, but the Caps were up 4-1 on the Flyers in '88 (I think it was 88) with 9 minutes left in game 4 and ready to tie the series. Flyers score 3 to tie the game, and Murray Craven bangs in the winner less than 2 minutes into OT. Of course that would be a much happier memory if not for the Caps winning the next 3, including Dale f***ing Hunter's OT winner in game 7.

Edited by sarsippius

Seriously...anyone?

I watched Barrie go into the 3rd down 3-1 against London and win 6-4 in game 4. Then in game 6 go into the 3rd down 4-0, and then 4-1 with 5 minutes to play. They scored 3 goals in the last 5 and tied it, only to lose in OT. Then in game 7 minus their top line down 2-1 they tie it with about 2 minutes left, hit a crossbar with a minute left, then lose with 1/10 of a second left on a goal that was reviewed for 10 minutes. So ya, I've seen worse.

Edited by flyercanuck

@B21

It was brutal.

But I watched the Colts series, most of it live, so it was way more of a roller coaster ride. Throw in the crossbar shot with a minute left, where it also appeared the Knights defenceman covered the puck with his glove in the crease, then the Kinghts goal with .1of a second and commissioner David Branchs 13 year grudge against the Colts (he suspended 5 Colts over the playoffs, refused to attend any games in Barrie though he'd go to the other arenas, and then to top it all off awards next years Memorial Cup to London after they win the OHL championship, not that there was a Colts fan anywhere who thought we even had a chance with him handing it out) and it was pretty emotional.

Edited by flyercanuck

@flyercanuck

I was thinking about you when I heard the news on the London game winner. Ouch.

Insult to injury: they covered the puck in the crease huh? In the last minute? That's not cool.

Why does Branch hate Barrie? Is it because you live there, lol?

@Podein25

Last time Barrie was in the Memorial Cup the coach gave the players a 10 pm curfew ("no one is playing that misses curfew"), which he mentioned to the league. During opening ceremonies, Branch's speech dragged on close to 10 pm so the entire Colts team got up and walked out. 13 years later Branch still won't go to a game in Barrie (if the Colts won in OT in game 6 in Barrie they would have been awarded the championship, sans commisioner) even though it's new ownership, gm, coach, players, zamboni, etc. London hosted the Mem Cup 8 years ago, and they get it again???? Barrie has never hosted even though they've only missed the playoffs once in their history.

Edited by flyercanuck

13 years later Branch still won't go to a game in Barrie (if the Colts won in OT in game 6 in Barrie they would have been awarded the championship, sans commisioner) even though it's new ownership, gm, coach, players, zamboni, etc.

Holy crap. And I thought I was petty.

I read the Leafs game thread on HFBoards. I actually did feel badly for them.

They were so hyped up after the 4th Leaf goal. Other team's fans--including a Boston fan or two--were coming on to congratulate. I think after 9 years, the general feeling was "keep holding your breath" but there was talk of next round matchups, etc.

And then the wheels came off. After the 4-2 score there was small but mounting concern. Then when it went 4-3 there was "oh god, hurry up clock!" Countless, "please God!" posts.

And then disaster.

It was amazing to watch an entire board contemplate suicide.

I really did feel badly. Then I realized "wait...this is ####ing Toronto." I also realized they had hockey to cheer for two weeks longer than I did.