Shattered

Guest Polaris922

Wow. Did not see that coming before this series started. It's really unbelievable that the high octane Pens offense scored TWO goals in the series.

Sorry about the loss, @Polaris922. It sucks to lose when you can smell a chance at the Cup, and a sweep hurts.

• Like 2

We have been in your shoes and worse (getting swept in the SCF in 97 REALLY sucked.) so many times Polaris that if anyone can empathize with a heart broken hockey fan, it's a Flyers fan!!! I feel for you man.

• Like 1

Polaris and Noss, ect al....

Hang in there guysfrom a Wings fan who knows how it feels. Time for reflection later, glab nobody is kicking while you are down

Agreed yave1964, we will save the needling for another day when the nerves aren't quite so raw. My condolences to the good pens fans on this board and even to those who are not :ph34r: .

I thought the Bruins would a tough test , but didn't see this coming at all. Sorry you're feeling the sports pain associated with your team losing. That's never fun, and as has been stated when it comes to losing when your boys are oh so close to the big prize we Flyers fans have some easy empathy for you.

Great to read all of the classy responses without rubbing it in. Just shows we Flyers fans have been there and felt that. This is what makes this forum so much better than Philly.com. I am on here every day 'cause I live in Ecuador and this is really my only good source of info. I really appreciate all of the members here. Oh, I am coming home for good in about two weeks and I can't wait. Now I wonder what effect this series win will have on Boston. Often times, when a team gets so "up" for one team, then is a psychological let down during the next series. Even though they will be playing for the cup and shouldn't need anything to get up for it, it still happens. Perhaps it works in favor of the opposition for 1 - 2 games. We'll see.

@Polaris922

What Grump said.....I hate your team but you and the Pens posters here are all right, so today my brain is confused by simultaneous feelings of happiness that he who shall remain nameless can go home open up beer cans with those piano key teeth of his for the rest of the summer, and and sympathy for the 3 Pens in the world who aren't (total) douchebags :ph34r:

Even though we're supposed to be grown up men with actual real life problems to deal with, losing is a kick in the nads when you care this much. It probably doesn't matter much today that you've had the enjoyment of three Cups in the living memory of most Pens fans, but just remember there are die hards in many good hockey cities that would kill for just one during that time frame

tough one polaris...we went through in 2003? vs the sens......

I was thinking the same thing myself....only if the Flyers two goals in that Sens series I sure can't remember either of them!!!!

As a lifelong Flyers fan, I know all too well how you feel today @Polaris922 and @B21. It sucks, it ain't fun at all. I am always amazed at how emotionally invested we get in our fandom-myself included.

I think the toughest part is not that the Pens lost...only 1 team a year is the true "winner", but rather, how they lost. There is losing, and there is getting beat. For whatever reason, the Pens got beat down pretty hard in that series. They showed pockets of effort/hard work, but overall it just seemed lacking to me--for whatever reason. Getting swept is hard for me to explain too; other than a hot goalie is the one thing that can not be over come. IMO, the playoffs are so tight, and so defensive that a red-hot goalie can make all the difference. Boston 2 years ago had Thomas, last year was Quick, so far this year, it's Rask. Whenever the Pens had a quality chance, or a PP, there was Rask. Over and over and over.....

On a personal note, I posted last week that I was pulling for the Pens, so my streak is intact. ;) Let me know who you want to lose in the Finals--I will make sure to cheer HARD for them. Guaranteed loss.

• Like 1

So do you guys bring Morrow, Iggy and Murray back or just time to blow it up?

I know it might not be the popular opinion but two guys i'm trading if i'm the GM is the Flower and Malkinstein get whatever they will bring...yet i know Malkin will return i don't get that with MAF!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way I'd bring Iginla back is if we admit our mistake and put him with Sid. Morrow is a banger so if they bring him it has to be third line role at a greatly reduced salary.

I honestly think Murray is the biggest asset of the three. The others have been great players but are waning fast. Murray brings physicality and pretty solid defensive play overall.

Fleury should be gone. He was a shooting star... Great for a couple if seasons, but now he's a head case. Something about that Montreal series in 2010 that he hasn't recovered from. I think we have Vokoun, and three real good prospects to work with, so save the $$ for Malkin or extending Letang.

• Like 1

I know it might not be the popular opinion but two guys i'm trading if i'm the GM is the Flower and Malkinstein get whatever they will bring...yet i know Malkin will return i don't get that with MAF!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point, no on Morrow and Murray. I doubt Iginla wants to come back after that debacle...and even if he only wants $2-$3 million a year it's still too ig a hit.

Bring back Dupuis and Kennedy. Kick the tires on Cooke and Adams. If not them, comparable replacements are out there.

Then the big question(s)....Malkin, Letang and Fleury. Malkin and Fleury are up after next season. Fleury not until the year after but as we all know, he is now "out of favor" here. Can't keep all three. I'd move on from Fleury and use the cap space to keep both Letang and Malkin. But if Letang wants Karlsson money and/or Malkin wants OV money, one will be gone. Letang makes more sense because of what they have in the pipeline but I thin Malkin would be the odd man out.

And thanks everyone... Just disappointed. We sure seemed to have everything lined up for a run at the Cup! *giant red X*

I'm disappointed also, I didn't have a favorite team in this series to root for, but I was looking forward to 7 great hockey games.

I feel cheated out out of the entertainment.

No no and yes. I think Morrow and Iggy were good short term picks but that's it. Morrow is not a good fit for the bottom lines, and I'd like to see more top end talent with speed rather than Iggy. Really, Bennet should be top six next year.

I'd like to see them drop Fleury, and I wouldn't mind seeing them move Martin. He had a great year after a few disappointing ones, so I say trade him at high value, and not take the chance of him regressing.

Not sure if Dupuis has played his last game in the 'burgh, him I'll be sad to see go.