Flyers Goalies "Appreciation" Thread

Guest JackStraw

With all the excitement about goalies recently, I was moved to do a little research. Here is a list of (I think) every goalie the Flyers have ever drafted (including the '67 expansion draft), the round the player was drafted in, and the number of games the guy played for the Flyers. This is not really fun reading...

2005: Jeremy Duchesne R4, 1GP

2004: Martin Houle R8, 1GP

2000: Roman Cechmanek R6, 163GP

1999: Maxime Ouellet R1, 2GP

1998: Antero Niittymaki R6, 161GP

1997: Jean-Marc Pelletier R2, 1GP

1995: Brian Boucher R1, 174 GP

1994: Johan Hedberg R9, 0GP

1991: Neil Little R11, 2GP

1990: Tommy Soderstrom R11, 78GP

1988: Dominic Roussel R3, 139GP

1982: Ron Hextall R6, 489GP

1979: Pelle Lindbergh R2, 157GP

1977: Pete Peeters: R8, 179GP

1975: Rick St. Croix: R4, 82GP

1974: Reggie Lemelin: R7, 0GP

1969: Michel Belhumeur: R4, 23GP

1967: Bernie Parent (expansion draft) 486GP

1967: Doug Favell (expansion draft) 215GP

I can honestly say I'm at piece with Philly goaltending for the summer. That's not to say I'm satisfied with what we have....but my wife says I'm not punching the pillow in my sleep while yelling "Stop ONE @#$%ing breakaway and STFU!!"

• Like 1

Johan backlund

Stéphane Beauregard

Michel Belhumeur

Martin Biron

Sergei Bobrovsky

Brian Boucher

Ilya Bryzgalov

Sean Burke

Roman Cechmanek

Frédéric Chabot

Marc D'Amour

Jérémy Duchêsne

Ray Emery

Robert Esche

Doug Favell

Bob Froese

Bruce Gamble

Jeff Hackett

Ron Hextall

Bruce Hoffort

Martin Houle

Gary Inness

Darren Jensen

Mark LaForest

Michel Larocque

Michael Leighton

Pelle Lindbergh

Neil Little

Steve Mason

Don McLeod

Robbie Moore

Jerry Mrazek

Phil Myre

Antero Niittymaki

Maxime Ouellet

Bernard Parent

Pete Peeters

Jean-Marc Pelletier

Glenn Resch

Dominic Roussel

Garth Snow

Tommy Soderstrom

Rick St.Croix

Wayne Stephenson

Bobby Taylor

John Vanbiesbrouck

Dunc Wilson

Ken Wregget

Wendell Young

Edited by aziz

The title of this threw me off as well... When i saw "Appreciation" i laughed b/c there really aren't many to really appreciate (3). I can appreciate them for their suckage over the years as well as some of the personality quirks - Roman anf Bryz...

That list is sad...

I appreciate that they all have sucked.

that's really been a lot of fun over the years... never knowing when the crippling soft goal was going to come but knowing it was indeed imminent.

that's really been a lot of fun over the years... never knowing when the crippling soft goal was going to come but knowing it was indeed imminent.

The slow roller by VanBreezer against the Leafs in Game six of our series comes to mind. I cringe thinking about that to this day. Otherwise, an outstanding series by Johnny, but that sofite hurt more than any other one....except Leaky Leighton of course.

We found "Bob" didn't we? Just because we screwed the pooch on that whole situation doesn't mean he wasn't a good find and could've been a heck of a tender for a long time......oh well.......

Nitty deserves some credit...always felt he was never really given a real chance at the number 1 job. Stevens would always rotate him and not allow him to play enough games in a row to get into a real groove.

Still remember that game against the caps, where he stood on his head...Caps had something along the lines of 20 shots in the first period and Nitty stood tall.

Nitty deserves some credit...always felt he was never really given a real chance at the number 1 job. Stevens would always rotate him and not allow him to play enough games in a row to get into a real groove.

Still remember that game against the caps, where he stood on his head...Caps had something along the lines of 20 shots in the first period and Nitty stood tall.

Remember ALL of the games against Atlanta?

I can honestly say I'm at piece with Philly goaltending for the summer. That's not to say I'm satisfied with what we have....but my wife says I'm not punching the pillow in my sleep while yelling "Stop ONE @#$%ing breakaway and STFU!!"

FC--a good end of day laugh. I don't punch the pillow...just wonder why these MFs are so blind at this position.

Yikes.

Best,

Howie:

P.S. I repeat what I've said before...bring in Poile and Trotz from Nashville.

C'mon, you know its fun to hold your breath as each shot from an opponent is released, no matter where on the ice it is shot from.

• Like 1