Bryzgalov unwanted at any price?

Guest rickmac19

Not the slightest bit surprised.

Also, there's not a huge market for starting goaltenders, and I just don't see Bryz wanting to sign somewhere to be the backup (and be paid as such). It's not like he's going to earn a starting job either.

• Like 2

Not a shocker. As others have mentioned there was not a huge market for starting goalies to begin with to go along with the off ice drama he can bring. KHL unless a starter goes down with an injury and a GM is looking for someone with NHL experience.

Im still wondering who scouted this buffoon Bryz? How many times did they actually see him play, how did they not notice the poor mechanics, the lethargic lateral movement and his complete lapses in concentration, where he would lose sight of the puck and get beat on wrap arounds and routine plays in front. How did they not look at Bobs athleticism, his fluid movement ,lightning reflexes and tremendous work ethic and decide to trade him and to pay Bryz all that money? I hope the same people weren't scouting our draft picks this year

• Like 1

@RonJeremy Been saying that from day one....somebody had to reccomend him to the org?? Who was that, is he still empolyed...or did Homer and Ed go rogue and go against what the scouts said?? If Homer does indeed come to the forum, I want an answer on this one!!

Hate to say i told you so. I never understod why some folks here was happy flyers signed Bryz with a HUGE contract. The guy hadnt proved anything to earn that contract. It was a huge risk and its a shame an organisation like the flyers did it. The years with Bryz have been sad. Mason and Emery is better but it wont last long and we wont win with them. Next year there will be another golie and the golie-curse will continue until this organisation finally LEARN that. 1. Develope a young promising golie 2. Draft a promising golie as nr1 pick. 3. Trade for a proven top 5 golie.

They say the kid Fucale was a Martin Brodeur style goalie, we should have made a move for another second round pick and taken him. Hopefully Stolarz pans out, but I think Mason is a highly skilled goalie. He just lost his confidence and was miserable being in Columbus on a bad team. I think Mason will surprise us, look at how well he played for us in the stretch run

@RonJeremy Fucale should have been targeted in round #2. As much as I like Hagg as a prospect, going after Fucale was the move IMHO. It would have required giving up and extra pick to leapfrog a few teams, but it would have been worth the lost asset. I would have rather given up all are other picks to secure Morin, Hagg and Fucale if that was at all possible. That would have been a tremendous haul!

Greetings:

I might put a more charitable (slightly) spin on this.

1) Give Homer and Company some credit for "manning up" and admitting a mistake. Yes, it is costly. But they used the buyout window to extricate themselves from a bleep-up.

2) The fact that nobody wants him confirms point 1. The guy must be viewed as a head case who did reasonably well in the desert and couldn't cope that well elsewhere. Mason's performance with essentially the same supporting cast must have been noticed in a lot of circles. It must have sealed Bryz's fate.

Best,

Howie

@jammer2 - Would you have traded Coburn for Mcquaid and Carolina's 2nd?

No, I don't think that is enough return. As steady as McQuaid looked during the playoff run, he's still a 5-6 guy, couple that with Carolin's second....that just does not cut it for me. It's undervaluing Coburn slightly.

Edited by jammer2