First time long time

Quint

@jammer2

You didn't agree with him because he was always wrong.

does that make jammer always right? :lol:

jammer, I cant for the life of me think of one time that I actually agreed with him either. Although, I would have to read his posts 3 times to even understand what he was trying to say.

I actually miss Tonner. His posts were always good for a laugh, even if they only marginally related to the topic at hand. I'll never get his obsession with Genny Cream Ale, though...

Forbsy was the first Tronno guy, I think. They started coming out of the woodwork when we saw them every season in the playoffs. I honestly didn't really care too much about the Leafs until those trolls came around. Then they got replaced by sidmalkin once the Leafs forgot what the playoffs were.

• Like 1

@Quint

The "tree" was the board before the board before the current one. It's difficult to explain without pictures, but rather than having a thread set up like this, you'd have a post then if someone responded, that response would be indented underneath and you'd click on it to see the actual content. After that, it got more confusing. If someone responded to the second post, it would be indented under it, but if someone else responded directly to the first post, it would have the middle indent. Confusing? Yes. It was something like this:

This is a confusing post--ruxpin

re: This is a confusing post -- superfan88

re: You're an idiot supefan88--fanatic

re: Incest is acceptible in some circumstances--superfan88

re: Wait, I'm not done with your sister yet--fanatic

re: This is a confusing post--ruxpin

My source says...--themaker03

re: Screw your source--fanatic

re: Already doing that--themaker03

re: you're a ho bag--fanatic

re: when you do it doggy, which one is behind?--ruxpin

re: If they're related, that's okay--superfan88

• Like 2

@ruxpin

"This is a confusing post--ruxpin

re: If they're related, that's okay--superfan88"

ha ha...you just summed up a 5 year span of posts on philly.com in a few sentences....hilarious stuff right there!

@ ruxpin

Yes, that's how it was formatted last time I posted.

I think one day I tried to log in and it wouldn't allow me in. Said no record of me. So I tried to register again under same name, it said name already taken. I said WTF I'm out! Over the years read forum as a guest to get info on junior prospects and draft picks that people had seen first hand.

@Quint

Yeah, i remember your old screen name.

When they swtiched over to the new board (now the old board) we had to re-register and some of the names got screwed up. We also lost some regular posters (you and poder would be the "most frequent" posters the board lost).

@jammer2, @flyercanuck, @jsffour, @fanaticV3.0, @hf101, @vis,

If you were trapped on a desert island and could only bring 5 albums, which 5 would they be?

Rules: they can't be soundtracks. they can't be compilations (they are a sacrilege to music!) and they can't be live albums.

Go!

~superfan88

LOL! It's funny how much you had to put up with some of these guys but just wish they'd show up for one more epic post.

@Quint

Yeah, i remember your old screen name.

When they swtiched over to the new board (now the old board) we had to re-register and some of the names got screwed up. We also lost some regular posters (you and poder would be the "most frequent" posters the board lost).

Wow, poder. There's a name I haven't heard in a long time, a long time...

@Quint

The "tree" was the board before the board before the current one. It's difficult to explain without pictures, but rather than having a thread set up like this, you'd have a post then if someone responded, that response would be indented underneath and you'd click on it to see the actual content. After that, it got more confusing. If someone responded to the second post, it would be indented under it, but if someone else responded directly to the first post, it would have the middle indent. Confusing? Yes. It was something like this:

This is a confusing post--ruxpin

re: If they're related, that's okay--superfan88

Does it take you some time to think of this **** or does it just come to you naturally?

Most of that (ALL of it?) sounds pretty much like actual posts on the ol' board.

Sadly yes. I like the credit digity was giving me but, in this case, it really didn't take THAT much ceativity. It's not like I made up asian-sounding names for everyone.