Round 1 - Bruins vs Redwings

hf101

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the first round series?

Consider this a general discussion thread for the Bruins vs Redwings in Round 1

Regular season series (Red Wings lead 3-1-0)
Oct 5, 2013 Detroit 1, Boston 4
Oct 14, 2013 Detroit 3, Boston 2
Nov 27, 2013 Boston 1, Detroit 6
Apr 2, 2014 Boston 2, Detroit 3

Your thoughts on the series...

Wow..did not know the Red Wings took the season series vs. Boston.   Hmmmmm  this has the makings of a nasty series.  Would love to see Boston go down....well just because.  However, this team has incredible depth and defense.  Rask is a solid goalie.  I like @ruxpin idea of a 7 game series.  However, I think Boston is just a bit better and they have been playing lights out over the last few weeks.

Boston in 7

Wings in seven

you couldn't help yourself could you? LOL. Ever the provocateur...gotta love it!

But seriously...you think the Wings have a prayer? I don't. If they take 2 games I'll be shocked.

[edit: yes I know how the reg season went between them. POs, Boston's play the past month...whole different story]

Edited by canoli

you couldn't help yourself could you? LOL. Ever the provocateur...gotta love it!

But seriously...you think the Wings have a prayer? I don't. If they take 2 games I'll be shocked.

[edit: yes I know how the reg season went between them. POs, Boston's play the past month...whole different story]

I think the Wings can make a series of it.  Granted I said Boston in 7 which means the Red Wings get 3 games.  I say Detroit can steal 2 games, I WILL BE shocked though if it actually goes to game 7.

Agree...Boston has been playing lights out the past month.

For the Wings to have any chance it would take Rask falling apart, channeling his inner Fleury. The Bruins are deeper than the Wings and more experienced at every single position. Howard would have to be amazing and Rask would have to be a post season choke artist. No other way that I can see the Wings winning.

Consider this a general discussion thread for the Bruins vs Redwings in Round 1

Regular season series (Red Wings lead 3-1-0)
Oct 5, 2013 Detroit 1, Boston 4
Oct 14, 2013 Detroit 3, Boston 2
Nov 27, 2013 Boston 1, Detroit 6
Apr 2, 2014 Boston 2, Detroit 3

Your thoughts on the series...

Of all the teams to go against the big bad boys, this is the one I would have picked. Injuries aside, Babcock is a tremendous coach. The question will come down to Kornwhole or Lipstick. Seriously, it will be rasks to lose, but my heart is with Detroit in 7. 

Nobodys mentioned it's the first time these Original Six teams have met in postseason in 57 years!!!!

Bruins in 6

Did you know this is the first time in 57 years these two have met in the post-season?

Still have to favor Boston, the Wings played a near perfect game and the Bruins did not and we stole a game. If both teams are on their game I gotta give it to Boston. Hoepfully though the kids get a bit cocky from this one and we have now beaten Boston 4 out of 5 this year. Wow. Just simply wow.

Ahem..

lol, caught that eh?

Hopefull thinking for my work fhl team at work.   ;)  Realistically though the Wings are probably the only team in the East which havee the Bruins number.

Bruins sweep!

lol, caught that eh?

Hopefull thinking for my work fhl team at work.   ;)  Realistically though the Wings are probably the only team in the East which havee the Bruins number.

Bruins Sweep????? uh...nope

Montreal has Bostons number...always have....always will