Wow this sucks!

Jam1986

Saw first goal shut off tv couldn't handle more heart break! So now that season might be over question to now is what to do? Of course I mean the off season coach fired. new coach, new goalie coach and new defensive. We need a LW, four d/men and a backup! Prospect are at least 1 year to 2 years way so we are going trading or cheap pick ups. So let's here your views need a pick up for this lackluster game.

I think they need to shut Mason down. They're not going 16-0 .

Fire Berube, send Lappy back to player development, finish the season with an interim coach...Gord Murphy ?

Let Couturier finish the season with second line minutes and see if there is any there there playing with some offensive talent.

Leave Manning on the team, extend MDZ, prepare for moving some guys around the draft. Find a true LW with some offensive talent. Pooh or off pot with B Schenn, send him far away if he's found wanting

Lappy back to player development

Even better let Lappy replace Murray as the head coach of the Phantoms....murray has done nothing down there to turn things around. Fire him with Berube.

Dump Luke Schenn, Gudas is close in style and it saves us 3 million.

Dump Grossman and let Manning ,Alt and Lauredssson battle for a spot  as well as our young dmen Morin, ghost and all the rest.

Trade B Schenn or Coots and grab a young scoring natural left winger... or if someone wants to give us the fourth pick in the draft for either of them,  we can get Lawson Crouse. Enough of trying to move centers to left wing  its not working..we have two other centers in our system Laugton and Cousins,who are closest to NHL ready, we have  no left wing to speak of . We are also stuck with Vinny, so we have as usual ...way too many centers and no first line left wing. So take your pick, Schenn or Coots, someone is going.

Face the facts, its gonna be another year or two ,maybe three before our young dmen are in the NHL, then add another 2 years to that before they are reliable big minutes players. Do we honestly think that three or four 20 year olds are gonna step in and anchor the defense. Do we also think we hit a grand slam and all of them will be a success? Theres a strong chance we could have a dissapointment or a complete lemon out of the group. 

So realistically ,it may be 5 years before we are actually a good team,.so I would explore the possiblity of trading Giroux who will be 32 by the time we contend.  Lets say Edmonton won the lottery and we offered Giroux, L Schenn, B Schenn or Coots and our later first round pick for Nurse and McDavid. It wouldnt be a bad thing for either team. Giroux is one of the top 5 players in the league , so its not like were ripping off the Oilers. Then with our own first round pick we grab a left wing.

Im not saying the Oilers would do it, but its worth looking into. Hexy was willing to give up alot to FLA for Ekblad and it would have depleted our picks and the overall team, so if were a minimum of 3 years away from being decent, it makes perfect sense to offer up Giroux if it means getting McDavid

I think they need to shut Mason down.

Like they should have done a month ago, when he got torn up from getting rushed back the 2 previous times. Wtf mojo, I just don't get it, that piece of wretched player management is maybe the most embarrassing thing I can remember in 40 years of following this team. Seriously, Bryz was the worst free agent signing ever on any planet, but the incompetence of ruining a guy at a position you've been been woefully deficient at since....well, since the current GM was in his prime 25 years ago? That's beyond any stupid trade or signing.

I cannot properly express my disgust with the words available to me in the English language, thank Jebus this board is here for therapy.

Saw first goal shut off tv couldn't handle more heart break! So now that season might be over question to now is what to do? Of course I mean the off season coach fired. new coach, new goalie coach and new defensive. We need a LW, four d/men and a backup! Prospect are at least 1 year to 2 years way so we are going trading or cheap pick ups. So let's here your views need a pick up for this lackluster game.

Seriously, what is "might be " about it? It has BEEN OVER for a couple months for those not willing to delude themselves. This is not a new development. And I don't understand heart break at this point. Again, nothing new here.

As for going forward, gotta fire Meat Head as first priority. I already thought he was an imbecile, but this Mason / Reese thing makes me hate him. I don't have English words either.

The rest of the suggestions on this thread work for me. Just get rid of Meat Head.

I think they need to shut Mason down. They're not going 16-0 .

Fire Berube, send Lappy back to player development, finish the season with an interim coach...Gord Murphy ?

Let Couturier finish the season with second line minutes and see if there is any there there playing with some offensive talent.

Leave Manning on the team, extend MDZ, prepare for moving some guys around the draft. Find a true LW with some offensive talent. Pooh or off pot with B Schenn, send him far away if he's found wanting

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with some of your points.  Couturier is perfect where he is ...on the third line.  Let's not make him more than what he is.  He is a good third liner.  Once they start giving him a bigger role, he can't handle it.  He isn't the reason they lost these two games but if he doesnt have that turnover in OT or doesnt miss a wide open net to get them within 1 goal, maybe things are different today.

If they need to pooh or get off the pot with Schenn, can't the same be said for Couturier?  Schenn has shown that he can put up some decent numbers and he is far more skilled than Couturier.  Why is his leash shorter?

What iss the story about Leier  and Straka are they one day be able to make it to the big rster or career AHLers?

I think Leier has what it takes to eventually be an NHLer. Its his first season in the A and he's one of the Phantoms top scorers. At worst he should be a very good bottom six guy.

Straka I don't know...isn't he like a top six or bust guy...and I don't see top six.

Couturier is perfect where he is ...on the third line.  Let's not make him more than what he is.  He is a good third liner.  Once they start giving him a bigger role, he can't handle it.  He isn't the reason they lost these two games but if he doesnt have that turnover in OT or doesnt miss a wide open net to get them within 1 goal, maybe things are different today.

I was at the game and watched Hamilton closely. Would love to have him instead of Couturier. 

Couturier, 29pts this year, 0.40 ppg career so far.

Hamilton, 37pts this year, 0.46 ppg career so far.

That OT turnover was frustrating.

As for going forward, gotta fire Meat Head as first priority. I already thought he was an imbecile, but this Mason / Reese thing makes me hate him. I don't have English words either.

Make it happen, rux.

Yes, this is all on Giroux... not a single other player is culpable here  :ph34r:  :confused[1]:  :ph34r:

This Team was never going to make the playoffs... it was nice for the casual fan to believe but look at the percentages they would have had to overcome.  It was never in the cards!  Yes, mathematically it was plausible (like hitting the lottery) but in all reality this Team is a mish-mash of players that are/were (1) overvalued or (2) simply not good.   

This entire Team is one bad recipe and the ladle that is stirring the pot (Berube) could literally pass for the worst Coach in the NHL.   He needs to go before the end of the season.  He has shown nothing that would make him a viable option in the future.   How anyone can defend Berube as the right Coach for the Flyers needs to go to the methadone clinic.  Line changes, favoritism (really, how can anyone explain RJ not being benched once?), putting the franchise goalie on the ice when clearly not healthy... and most important:  his utter lack of a #%#! system - he has none.

I could really care less if they made the playoffs this year.   From day one this Team was not going to be a playoff team.   What does really piss me off is how Mason has been handled.   Hextall and Berube are both to blame for this - why on earth would you even remotely consider putting out your franchise goalie knowing he is not ready to play?   

Some things will never change w/ this franchise...

Not sure that would really do much at this point. Let him ride out the last 17 games, and don't renew his contract.

Cooler heads prevail Brel ;)

I guess my point is that if you bring in a Coach now it gives them some time for player evaluation. I think the bigger question is there someone out there right now that Hextall would be willing to hire.

Although, I do think it is odd that Reese was the one fired if he was indeed upset with the handling of Mason.  To me it shows Hextall is supporting Berube and he might just be "Hextall's guy."    

I guess my point is that if you bring in a Coach now it gives them some time for player evaluation. I think the bigger question is there someone out there right now that Hextall would be willing to hire.

I think that's the bigger picture, right there. If there's even a chance at getting Babcock in the offseason, it would be foolish to get rid of Berube now. Plus, Hextall will have a much better chance at evaluating candidates and his roster in the offseason. He can take his time and hire the right person - which might be someone currently unavailable. 

I think that's the bigger picture, right there. If there's even a chance at getting Babcock in the offseason, it would be foolish to get rid of Berube now. Plus, Hextall will have a much better chance at evaluating candidates and his roster in the offseason. He can take his time and hire the right person - which might be someone currently unavailable.

I agree with both brelic and murraycraven. Fire the reckless buffoon now just to send a message to the team that changes are going to be made this off season AND PREVENT the lockerroom from becoming more toxic than it already is under Berube's watch. Let Lappy or Murphy finish out the last 15 games and then hire your next coach in the off season.

I agree with both brelic and murraycraven. Fire the reckless buffoon now just to send a message to the team that changes are going to be made this off season AND PREVENT the lockerroom from becoming more toxic than it already is under Berube's watch. Let Lappy or Murphy finish out the last 15 games and then hire your next coach in the off season.

this is my train of thought as well Sami...   I know there is common sentiment that it will change nothing but the same exact thing could be said about keeping Berube behind the bench.   If there is decent Coach that could be an interim (Murray?) I see no harm in unraveling the Berube Experiment.

Archived