BERUBE FIRED!

DaGreatGazoo

Mostly because he will bring Burke as a goalie coach and our goalie coach sucks

Burke is interviewing for the Leafs GM job and rumors are he is the leading candidate...i don't think the Yotes are going to fire Tippett.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see the buyout or salary swallowing happen if they need the extra 2.5 million for Jake.

Not sure if it's just posturing etc....but Hextall has already stated publically that he had no intention of buying out VLC.

@AJgoal 

"The Flyers could frame the hire however they chose, but everyone would know the truth: Ron Hextall promised to be different, and damn if he didn't dare to follow through on that promise."

Refreshing as all hell. Dammit, the fans deserved this, a fresh new approach....SCREW the old boys club and their 4 decades of failure!!!

@AJgoal 

"The Flyers could frame the hire however they chose, but everyone would know the truth: Ron Hextall promised to be different, and damn if he didn't dare to follow through on that promise."

Refreshing as all hell. Dammit, the fans deserved this, a fresh new approach....SCREW the old boys club and their 4 decades of failure!!!

agree!  it is obvious that the old method no longer works (this is no longer the 1980's) ...time to move forward.  Dammit about time this team start to adjust to the new NHL. 

I have heard some rumours that a potential coach for the Flyers might be Benoit Groulx...

He is the current coach of the, Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Gatineau Olympiques, and just coach the Canadian Juniors to the Gold medal...

He comes from Hull, which produces some Good NHL coaches in Pat Burn, Alain Vignault and Claude Julien...

Gatineau (used to be Hull) has been know to produce some good players and some good coaches...

True, he has no NHL experience, but Groulx has been known for bringing out the best in his players and many say he is a good teacher...

He is definitely something that the Flyers have not had before and aside from coaching Giroux (and we all know what G did in the Juniors), he has no other connection with the team...

What do you guys think???

I would be interested in that, even if they try him with the phantoms...I know there are coaches who' ve made the jump from major junior to the NHL but I think some time in an organization and working with adult pros for a time would be beneficial.

Not sure if it's just posturing etc....but Hextall has already stated publically that he had no intention of buying out VLC.

He also stated publicly that he was going to consider everything and review, yadda, yadda, before deciding about Berube's future.

Hextall's public statements are completely worthless.

He also stated publicly that he was going to consider everything and review, yadda, yadda, before deciding about Berube's future.

Why tip your hand? You lose any leverage immediately.

I agree.........the only time you tip your hand is when it's intentional.......a bluff....other than that it's a need to know basis. And we didn't need to know then.

He had no interest in firing Berube.

:ph34r:

@AJgoal

Except Hextall is part of that club too.

Sounds like Homer... I mean Clarke... Oh crap.

I hope Hextall goes outside the organization to get the head coach. I want a fresh mind that has never played or worked for the Flyers. Maybe someone young and is a good teacher who is also patient with the young players. I don't want someone like Hitch or Berube, who are not patient with young players and who favors vets.

We are not going to win the Cup the next few years so we can give the coach some time to show what he can do. If by the time we are ready to compete then I don't mind bringing in a vet coach to take us over the so called hump if the current coach is not good enough. Just my preference atm. Thank you Hexy for firing the idiot. :)

Oh, I completely agree. But I'm also, then, not taking what he says as gospel.

It also means that "Hextall explicitly stayed" isn't as definitive an argument as one might think.

Archived