Buffalo Sabres Sign Dan Bylsma

yave1964

Well you know, if you take two singles and separate them, and then stick the two wafers with the cream stuck to them together, that is even better than a double. So I kind of see your point. If that was in fact, your point.

I wasn't told I had to have a point. Why does no one tell me these things?

I have a buddy who says the only thing better than an oreo is a double stuffed oreo , the only thing better than that is two double stuffed oreos...

I like @AJgoal 's quote better though

Well, there is no secret to my feelings to DFB, so take my opinions for what they are worth.

The good, yes, there is a little.

G1. DFB will institute systems for everyone to play, regardless of star power.

G2. A simple defensive system that is easy to understand and attempts to get the puck out of the zone quickly.

Okay, that was it for the good.

The Bad,

B1. Oh yeah, that offensive system will force even your offensive talents to become dump and chase players.

B2. The simple systems stiffles young talent, and then DFB penalizes them by playing them less.

B3. DFB will overplay his top defenders.

B4. The only thing DFB will change in game is lines, constantly.  There is no concept of changing strategy.  If the strategy is not working, then you're not playing it well enough.  It doesn't matter that the other team has adjusted. (Get used to this quote Sabres fans,  "We just didn't get to our game").

B5. Oh, and in the playoffs, that carries over between games. (Insanity, trying the samed failed stragegy over and over and over and over, thinking that at some point the result will be different.  Hey Dan, if the other team found something that works, they won't change until you do).

B6. And that simple defensive system?  Yes it relies on quick exit, utilizing the walls to chip the puck out, regardless of retaining possession.   When the opposing teams closes off the walls, and takes away the reversals, well, see B4.

B7. Tends to rely on experienced players instead of building talent. And Penalizes youth for mistakes while ignoring experienced players mistakes.  How else can you explain Craig Adams Iron Man streak? See B2.

DFB came into a Stanley Cup contender, and did nothing to improve their chances. On the contrary, he helped to put together a team that relied on star power during the regular season, and suffered when the rules went out the window in the playoffs and defense got tight. Yes he made it to the cup finals, but with a team built for someone elses system.

DFB is a decent coach, and maybe its what the Sabres need at this point in time.  Someone who can put the team on the right track with systymatic play.  But if you think you're going to see the Sabres break out quick with DFB, I just don't think so.   His track record with young players who need a teaching coach is not good, and the Sabres are FILLED with young players.   I'm expecting yet another bad year for our Buffalonian friends.

Can't believe that Pens actually got a draft pick for him though,   Good deal for the Pens.

Only a Buffalo Sabres thread could be hijacked by Oreo Cookies :) :)

Buffalo sports: Always the Bridesmaid!

Only a Buffalo Sabres thread could be hijacked by Oreo Cookies :) :)

Buffalo sports: Always the Bridesmaid!

lol!

I cannot say I feel strongly one way or the other about this coach.  Lindy Ruff will always be a guy I love over any others.  But is a new day.  I am more interested in what Murray does with the other picks he has including the number one the Islanders will give up to us.  I am wondering about the goalie position?  Will they just go with Linbeck?  i cannot imagine that.  I have to think Talbot and Miller are both in play?  I hope.  We can do far worse than bringing Ryan back but would be come back?  Many will want to play here now.  With Pegula having the money and with a guy like Eichel to play with.  Lets reserve judgement on this team until we see the end result of the roster

Enjoy. ;)

-11.jpg

As long as they carry off VLC and MacDonald as part of the pillaging.

Dave Hakstol. For the past 11 years he was the HC at North Dakota.

You wont be laughing when the Sabres come down there and pillage your Flyers into submission with the likes of Jack Eichel and Moulson and Kane.  Who is your coach by the way?

You were saying?  :D  :D  :D

-11.jpg

You wont be laughing when the Sabres come down there and pillage your Flyers into submission with the likes of Jack Eichel and Moulson and Kane.  Who is your coach by the way?

You keep saying this. I know one day it will actually happen. But when you've been predicting it unsuccessfully for 5 years it kind of loses its shine.

But what about this Appleby guy....hmmmm?

@flyercanuck  Since the exact opposite happens when HJ makes a great decree like this one, I will refrain from peeing my pants. If anything, it means we will crush the Sabres for years to come.....it is *TRULY* uncanny how one human being can be *SO* wrong at predictions.....there must be a way to make money off this....there has to be!!!

@jammer2

It is uncanny. It's like there's voodoo, planets all lining up and divine intervention all working together in unison,

You could never, ever even plan to be this bad...it's gotta be at 0-500 by now....LOL, it's like successfully getting all the games wrong in an NFL week, damn near impossible, as hard as getting them all right...but here we are....

That is pure BS and you know it. And how is it that you think Philly  will have as much talent as the Sabres in the next few years?  No way

hmmmm lets see... define a next few years...3-4?

Giroux

Coots

Jake

Simmonds

Laughton

I'll take those 4 right off the bat.

Morin / Sanheim

Ghost / Haag

great young defense talent in the wings

Mason...better than any goalie you have

Possibly Provorov / Crouse / Bazal / Werenski in this years draft....

compare to McCabe / Reinhart / Eichel.....I'm sure we will do just fine.........  they haven't proven anything at the NHL level yet.......

like I said "pride comes before the fall"

oh and by the way......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT0r8wBL4QU

Archived