Rinaldo Traded to Boston for 2017 3rd Rounder

AJgoal

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From an entertainment perspective, I'm bummed. My wife isn't happy either, since he was her favorite player. Sure Zac was a maniac, but he was OUR maniac. All out effort and was never boring.

Good tactical move though. Shedding a contract and salary for a marginal NHL player, while picking up a mid round future draft pick? I'm impressed.

From an entertainment perspective, I'm bummed. My wife isn't happy either, since he was her favorite player. Sure Zac was a maniac, but he was OUR maniac. All out effort and was never boring.

Good tactical move though. Shedding a contract and salary for a marginal NHL player, while picking up a mid round future draft pick? I'm impressed.

No he was never boring........

crazy-rinaldo.gif

I used to be a Zac supporter because initially he was walking the line and doing what he was brought up to do, but for every time he crossed the line, which seemed to be happening more often, my support waned and now I am thrilled to see this trade happen. Ryan White won me over because he brings what Zac brought as well as the ability to score and he seems to be able to keep himself in check. Not sure what the Bruins are doing over there, but they seem t be headed in the wrong direction at he moment!

Thankfully, I think the NHL is by and large moving into a new age when games like Rinaldo just aren't warranted or seen as helpful.

It kills me whenever a competitor picks up a Carcillo or a Downie (who make Rinaldo look bland and boring in comparison). What do they think is going to happen there?

When will we learn?

ok..that teaches me to fall asleep when I come home from work.  Take a short nap, wake up to find Zac traded to Boston.  To echo someone else's post...WTF is Boston doing? 

LOL...classic.  If ok with you TFG..that may become my new sig! :)

Maybe if I take another short nap when I come home from work, maybe both McDud and Vinny will disappear too! :D

Take a short nap on Thurs July 2nd, that's when VLC might be gone, I hope, I hope oh please

It was time for Zac to go, but part of me will miss him. Like others have said, he was great walking that line, but much to often of late, he crossed that line and hurt the team. One of the best bodycheckers in Flyers history though, I'll remember him fondly for that....and the way he tried to break an opponents face with each punch!

It was time for Zac to go, but part of me will miss him. Like others have said, he was great walking that line, but much to often of late, he crossed that line and hurt the team. One of the best bodycheckers in Flyers history though, I'll remember him fondly for that....and the way he tried to break an opponents face with each punch!

I imagine after they see him play he'll be a Providence Bruin next season....

I imagine after they see him play he'll be a Providence Bruin next season....

I dunno bro, after paying a 3rd round pick, Sweeny will look *really* bad if he gets demoted to the AHL. He will avoid that at all costs, that is a LOT of egg on your face. Plus, the Bruins have always saved a roster spot for a tough guy, Scott Thornton, who played the same type of game as Rinaldo, was a mainstay for 5 years or so. With Lucic gone, the Bruins will be looking for a tough guy who can skate, and Zac at least fits that bill.

Why the hell does Boston want Rinaldo?

I think they are trying to replace Lucic. lol.

heh...well, replacing Lucic with Rinaldo I guess could be a motivation, although Lucic was more of a contributor the actual game of hockey (as cement headed as he was).

I'm looking at it more like Sweeney now thinking:  "Ok, I goofed here....let's have Rinaldo and his energetic antics deflect attention from what I've done here till I can figure out how to fix this mess........or find the best route out of town."  :)

Sweeny is gonna be under intense scrutiny from here on out. While Chiccarelli was not perfect (he *did* deal Seguin and did not get enough in return)...he would have never made this deal. You can find a player like Zac anywhere. There is players like him that have just played their overage season in the CHL and are unrestricted free agents. A 3rd for a guy who will never score or contribute offense is a brutal overpayment. If you are gonna pay a 3rd, the guy should be at least capable of killing penalties, which Zac cannot do.

I dunno bro, after paying a 3rd round pick, Sweeny will look *really* bad if he gets demoted to the AHL. He will avoid that at all costs, that is a LOT of egg on your face. Plus, the Bruins have always saved a roster spot for a tough guy, Scott Thornton, who played the same type of game as Rinaldo, was a mainstay for 5 years or so. With Lucic gone, the Bruins will be looking for a tough guy who can skate, and Zac at least fits that bill.

Scott Thornton was 10x the hockey player Rinaldo was. He put up 42 points in one season, something Rinaldo hasn't even come close to doing, and never will

Archived