Game #15 - Avalanche at Flyers - Nov 10 2015 - 7:00 ET

brelic

Meltzer's preview:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-111015-vs-COL/45/72390

Key team stat comparisons (NHL overall ranking)

Non-shootout goals per game: Flyers 1.93 (29th), Avalanche 2.57 (17th)
Non-shootout goals against per game: Flyers 2.79 (20th), Avalanche 3.00 (T-25th)
Even strength Goals For/Against Ratio: Flyers 19/23, Avalanche 24/31
Power play efficiency: Flyers 13.9% (T-25th), Avalanche 18.6% (T-13th)
Penalty killing efficiency: Flyers 80.0% (18th), Avalanche 81.6% (13th)
Shots per game: Flyers 31.3 (T-6th), Avalanche 29.8 (T-16th)
Shots against per game: Flyers 34.3 (30th), Avalanche 30.4 (T-22nd)
Faceoff percentage: Flyers 50.0% (T-17th), Avalanche 49.0% (T-21st)

Projected lineups (subject to change, will be updated)

FLYERS 

12 Michael Raffl - 28 Claude Giroux - 93 Jakub Voracek
24 Matt Read - 14 Sean Couturier - 17 Wayne Simmonds
20 R.J. Umberger -10 Brayden Schenn - 89 Sam Gagner
76 Chris VandeVelde - 21 Scott Laughton - 25 Ryan White

15 Michael Del Zotto - 32 Mark Streit
55 Nick Schultz - 22 Luke Schenn 
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas

30 Michal Neuvirth / 35 Steve Mason

Scratches: Vincent Lecavalier (healthy), Davis Drewiske (healthy), Evgeny Medvedev (upper body), Pierre-Edouard Bellemare (IR, lower body).

AVALANCHE

92 Gabriel Landeskog - 29 - Nathan Mackinnon - 9 Matt Duchene
10 Ben Street - 34 Carl Söderberg - 12 - Jarome Iginla
55 - Cody McLeod - 7 John Mitchell - 8 Jack Skille
45 - Dennis Everberg - 25 Mikhail Grigorenko - 14 Blake Comeau

32 Francois Beauchemin - 6 Erik Johnson
2 Nick Holden - 4 Tyson Barrie
17 Brad Stuart - 46 Brandon Gormley

1 Semyon Varlamov
[20 Reto Berra]

Scratches: Andreas Martinsen (healthy), Nate Guenin (healthy), Alex Tanguay (knee), Jesse Winchester (IR, concussion).

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather Hakstol swapped Laughton and Umberger.

Schenn/Laughton/Gagner

VV/Umberger/White

Also, it might be time to end the Raffl experiment. 2 points in 14 games is not NHL top line material. I know Jake only has 5 points, but we've seen what he can do.

Read can be dropped to bottom six as well.

Currently this:

12 Michael Raffl - 28 Claude Giroux - 93 Jakub Voracek
24 Matt Read - 14 Sean Couturier - 17 Wayne Simmonds
20 R.J. Umberger -10 Brayden Schenn - 89 Sam Gagner
76 Chris VandeVelde - 21 Scott Laughton - 25 Ryan White

SUCKS and is not working

Why not try this: 
89 Sam Gagner- 28 Claude Giroux - 93 Jakub Voracek
10-Brayden Schenn - 14 Sean Couturier - 17 Wayne Simmonds
20 R.J. Umberger -10 Scott Laughton - 24-Matt Read
76 Chris VandeVelde - 25 Ryan White -12 Michael Raffl 

That would at least give two decent lines that could be a potential scoring threat. 

piss off with the Manning experiment, Hakstol.

He doesn't belong in the NHL.

LOL.... agree.

To be fair is Drewiske any better?  I mean I am not sure a lot of people ever heard of this guy before he got a call up.  Time for Manning to be sent to Allentown

So laughton has played well and he is on the fourth line while raffle has played terrible and is on the first line. Couturier hasnt done much (bring on the flaming) and is on the second line while schenn seems to be a top goal scorer for this team and is on the third line.

Sounds great Hak!

So laughton has played well and he is on the fourth line while raffle has played terrible and is on the first line. Couturier hasnt done much (bring on the flaming) and is on the second line while schenn seems to be a top goal scorer for this team and is on the third line.

Yabbut, who's on first?

LOL.... agree.

To be fair is Drewiske any better?  I mean I am not sure a lot of people ever heard of this guy before he got a call up.  Time for Manning to be sent to Allentown

Drewiske is a 7th defenseman that could fill in every now and then, while Manning just doesnt belong in the NHL at all.

Also, it might be time to end the Raffl experiment. 2 points in 14 games is not NHL top line material. I know Jake only has 5 points, but we've seen what he can do.

Said this a few times this past summer and took some heat for it. It was always pointed out his 20 even strength goals were among the team leaders....but I just knew, that would never, ever be repeated.

I have only watched the first 5 minutes of the 1st before sitting down to watch the 3rd. WTF is Vinny in? And who is out?

Ok RJ is out with foot injury.

Good lord Manning and Vinny in the same lineup.

Please get well soon Bellemare.

Be patient Hexy, be patient

I agree to a certain extent. The exception this get this out the way and just waive Manning so they can call another prospect up for the blueline to help till MDV is back healthy.

By next game Bellemare is suppose to be back so that will remove Vinny from the lineup. It's hard two win basically skating 2 men down every night.

I agree to a certain extent. The exception this get this out the way and just waive Manning so they can call another prospect up for the blueline to help till MDV is back healthy.

By next game Bellemare is suppose to be back so that will remove Vinny from the lineup. It's hard two win basically skating 2 men down every night.

Agree Manning has been brutal. It's time.

Not sure you want to expose them to this.

Can it be worse than what they are seeing down there?? (hell it could be even worse with Labarbera and Mcdud as their leaders good lord)

The 75 year old Labarbera getting most of the start and giving up 4 goals a night???  They are 4-8

How is that any better???

Labarbera's stat line  4.15gaa  855%  wins- 1 losses-5

How is that good for their development??

So waive him and call up Alt time and points is awasting!!!

June can't come soon enough.  It probably won't be Matthews wearing a Flyers' jersey but I'm trying to learn how to spell "Puljujarvi" so I can get it on my next jersey.  Of course knowing the Flyers they'll find some reason not to play the second best player in the draft - a guy that has everything the team needs: size, speed and scoring.

Based on the half dozen Phantoms games I've been too there isn't much on the farm to crow about.  Morin looks awful (overwhelmed?), Alt is a journeyman much like Ollie Lauridsen and others that have passed through, Leier is inconsistent and rather small, Hagg and Cousins have been hurt and Ghost puts on a nice display on the ice with his continual spin moves and blind passes but is certainly not the second coming of Erik Karlsson.  The one guy Flyers' fans might love is Ty Goulbourne simply because he's won both fights he's been in by knockout with only a few punches ever thrown.  Of course his beatdown of Zach Stortini the other night only inspired that plug to go out and score his first two goals of the season in yet another Lehigh Valley loss.  Future hope seems to reside in the junior leagues and college hockey.  No immediate help on the horizon that I can see.

Not sure you want to expose them to this. Maybe wait till they actually start working as a team. Patience and time.

The Flyers played like a competitive NHL team with their youth in pre-season.  I'm not so sure exposing our best prospects to a terrible AHL team helps their development either.

Archived