Any players on your team you hate/can't stand

BluPuk

That's a pretty short hate list for you isn't it? What, no hate for Mike York? 

I couldn't come up with Mike York's name!   He's who I was going for and even trolled previous rosters looking for the name but couldn't find it.  Yes, yes, yes, add him to the list!

'Hate' is such a strong word...

I'll stick to 'strenuously against being on my team'...howz that?  :) 

Current lineup:

--Matt Carle- TB Lightning

Isn't particularly fast anymore, plays a bit too 'soft', defensive coverage is and never has been, particularly good....yet he eats up 5.5M of cap space...and he is in the way of a Steve Stamkos re-sign.

Amazingly, none for the Minnesota Wild as GM Chuck Fletcher has apparently taken my suggestions to heart and has removed guys like Kyle Brodziak, Matt Cooke, Nick Shultz, Tom Gilbert, Keith Ballard, and Cody Almond over the last few seasons.

There ARE some Wild players I tolerate, but come re-sign time, they could take a walk for all I care:

Thomas Vanek, Justin Fontaine.

Past Bolts players I never cared for:

Darcy Tucker, Matthew Barnaby....I think those are self explanatory.

'Hate' is such a strong word...

I'll stick to 'strenuously against being on my team'...howz that? :)

Current lineup:

--Matt Carle

People couldn't wait to run him out of Philly....given what we had (still have) on D I never understood why! Not my favorite player, but all in he didn't suck, he just wasn't an All Star, and always was good for at least one really bad brain fart a night. Eats minutes as you say though....

People couldn't wait to run him out of Philly....given what we had (still have) on D I never understood why! Not my favorite player, but all in he didn't suck, he just wasn't an All Star, and always was good for at least one really bad brain fart a night. Eats minutes as you say though....

Thing with Matt Carle is, he was a GOOD signing when the Bolts got him.

You have to understand...the Bolts defense was absolutely HORRID before they signed him.

Carle, while not aging particularly well, and not an all star like you said, was at least competent, could skate real well when we first signed him, and represented an upgrade over what the Bolts had previously.

TB overpayed to get him because they HAD to.

Now, with the much better acquisitions of FA defensemen (Garrison and Stralman), the maturing of our own guys (Sustr and Hedman), and what the Bolts have in the pipeline (DeAngelo, Nesterov, Koekkoek), Carle just feels like a very expensive extra part now...........and one with a no trade clause...

Dave Steckel :lol:

I almost forgot about that soft sack of ****. I hated that guy so much during his brief stint with the Devils.

In recent years it's mostly been the useless goon signings the Devils have made that I've hated. Peters, Boulton, PL3, etc. Also the useless pylon known as Mark Fraser.

and always was good for at least one really bad brain fart a night.

AND it was usually at a key point in the game, where the goal against killed all momentum. I still don't think Carle is a 5 mill a year player, even years later when it is supposed to be looking better contract wise. You can spend 5 mill a lot more efficiently than having Carle on your team. Man, was he ever soft also. It was not his job to be physical, but it still pissed me off, no balls at all.

I know Harrold was pretty hated by some Devils fans, but I never really had a problem with him. He was a good depth guy. It wasn't his fault they played him too much. Maybe I'm just sentimental towards that 2012 Devils team because of the fun ride in the playoffs. Remarkably there are only 6 players still with the Devils from that team and that wasn't even 4 years ago.

I don't have a lot of hate for Flyers' players over the years. Hate contracts? Sure. But not the players. Tibbetts is an exception just because he was a phenomenal POS.

I remember the Flyers telecast showing Daigle's equipment getting tossed into the back of a moving van when they told him to get lost. That was funny. Except for the fact that they gave up Prospal to get him, and Vinny was a guy I have always liked.

Do head coaches count?

Going to have to say no to that one. My experience has been that how you feel about your coach is directly connected to how well your team plays. If they play well, you like him, if not, you don't.

You don't have to win, just play well IMHO.

Going to have to say no to that one. My experience has been that how you feel about your coach is directly connected to how well your team plays. If they play well, you like him, if not, you don't.

You don't have to win, just play well IMHO.

Except here we have a coach running systems that hold back some of the most talented forwards in the league... Implementing defensive systems like a juniors coach...

Archived